PDA

View Full Version : national public safety football league: new tampabay team

12-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Would any one be interested in playing tackle football in the National Public Safety Football League? There was a Tampabay team called the Posse, but 2002 was the last year in the league. It is only a 4 game season with 2 home games and 2 away games, one in state and the other out of state. The season begins in January and ends in May, but if a team is put together it will be for 2008 due to organization purposes. If you work for a Law Enforcement agency, Fire department, probation/parole or EMS you are eligible. The league website is www.npsfl.com (http://www.npsfl.com). If you are interested please email me at rsdorr@tampabay.rr.com

12-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Would any one be interested in playing tackle football in the National Public Safety Football League? There was a Tampabay team called the Posse, but 2002 was the last year in the league. It is only a 4 game season with 2 home games and 2 away games, one in state and the other out of state. The season begins in January and ends in May, but if a team is put together it will be for 2008 due to organization purposes. If you work for a Law Enforcement agency, Fire department, probation/parole or EMS you are eligible. The league website is www.npsfl.com (http://www.npsfl.com). If you are interested please email me at rsdorr@tampabay.rr.com

And if I get severely injured or disabled while playing this game, who pays for what and what happens to my career?

No thanks. :!:

12-24-2006, 07:19 AM
You are playing against other cops, fireman, etc.. we are not out to kill each other. The other team has to go to work the next day too. I had two shoulder operations during my time playing. I had enough sick time built up so I took FMLA for a month and went back to work. You can also get AFLAC, they will pay you in you are injured. If you give 100% and not half @$$ it on the field, then you won't get hurt. If you are in shape and we have enough people on the team to have a rotation in and out plays, then this will reduce the chance on injury. If you have questions, email me with your phone number and we can talk about it.

12-24-2006, 06:19 PM
You are playing against other cops, fireman, etc.. we are not out to kill each other. The other team has to go to work the next day too. I had two shoulder operations during my time playing. I had enough sick time built up so I took FMLA for a month and went back to work. You can also get AFLAC, they will pay you in you are injured. If you give 100% and not half @$$ it on the field, then you won't get hurt. If you are in shape and we have enough people on the team to have a rotation in and out plays, then this will reduce the chance on injury. If you have questions, email me with your phone number and we can talk about it.

Operations? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sick time! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

FMLA! :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Won''t get hurt? I guess you didn't "give 100% :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'll cheer from the sidelines. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

12-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I gave 100%. things happen and that's the risk you take. We play for the love of the game.