PDA

View Full Version : postings

12-16-2006, 04:53 PM
IMHO this web-site is totally worthless, all the postings are made up of people bashing their agency , their boss , or spreading rumors , no information to help people that are interested in working for DEP , :?:

All that I can say is :

IF YOU ARE SO UNHAPPY WHY DONT YOU QUIT , THERE ARE JOBS ALL OVER FLORIDA , EVERYONE IS HIRING :!:

12-16-2006, 04:59 PM
If the US military had taken the same advice, the desertion rate would have been enormous under Donald Rumsfeld. Sometimes a leadership change is all that is needed to turn a place around. Governor-elect Crist is expected to do just that, so don't judge the agency or division by the negative and occasional humorous comments placed here.

12-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Having recently retired from the U.S. Military I found that Mr. Rumsfelt had very little to do with my day to day working environment or my activity both in the states and the middle east. My Platoon Leader had some impact any my Company Commander but that's about it.

I cannot see how much a director located in Tallahassee can impact you as an Officer doing your job, maybe if you were a executive or something then he might be able to effect your daily existance.

I work at a large Sheriff's office, I seldom see the Sheriff or speak to him, I don't feel that he or the Under Sheriff (Col) or the Bureau commander (Maj) really effect me or my job performance.

Again if it is as bad as these postings make it out to be WHY DONT YOU QUIT AND MOVE ON.

12-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Forgot to address " negative " and " humerous ".

I find that every post on the DEP section to be negative or have negative replies and really don't see anything humerousin any of them.

I do appreciate your comment to not judge the agency by these postings.

12-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Maybe the entry test will not require you to correctly spell humorous or Donald Rumsfeld's surname. Seeing that you recently retired from the military, I am sure you have plenty of street experience with your sheriff's office. You are an example of what we get for applicants when we pay a meager wage.

Good luck

12-17-2006, 12:37 AM
applicant! now I spelled it correctly.

12-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Ref: DEP Applicant.

You need to understand that we're not in the military and we don't have to abide by the uniform code of militray justice. We have an ethical obligation to complain when we see our incompetent and unethical Director abusing his authority and screwing the tax payer.

If you cannot see how much a director at a remote locations can impact the employees far away, it is obvious that you've never worked for a state agency. It's a far cry from working for a county or municipality.

Maybe the reason that you feel the your Sheriff and his Command Staff don't effect you or your job or your performance is because they are competent and fair. Speaking of quiting, if things are so great there, why did you do you want to come to DEP?

12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
re: Also to DEP Applicamt

Forgive my finger speed on the key's for the spelling of humorous which I would guess is why you made the mistake on the word " applicamt " above then came back and corrected it , as to the correct spelling of Rumsfeld vs Rumsfelt it is an inside joke among military members or possibly just my particular unit and we have been spelling it that way since he visited with us a few months before his " retirement ".

As to the entry test I think I can muddle my way through it as to my experience with the S.O. I think I have enough to make the jump. As to pay yes it would be quite a drop for me.

Your responce is what I have really expected from this board just waiting for the right person to make it to prove my point, thank you in advance.

===============================================

re Guest

I can see and agree with the point about the UCMJ and agree about your right / obligation to complain about your Director but would think that you might get better results going to the Capital with them instead of ranting on this web-board , has the ranting here corrected anything or even been addressed by your administration?

I have never worked for a " state agency " so you have me on that point.

Our Sheriff is one of the best men in law enforcement IMHO and his command staff are generally great people who are promoted up through the ranks of the department based on merit, so I guess that would make it easy to work,

As to why I want to quit, I have lived in South Florida for the past several years, last command was a school command and have grown tired of the hurricane worries about property damage, the never changing heat and the crowds of people where I live / drive. So thought that a move farther up the State would be nice. I am looking at several different agencies all State LE with the thought in mind that I can always transfer from one area to another without losing time in grade or loss of retirement in FRS which my county participates in. Hopefully that explains that.

===============================================

BOTTOM LINE

I came to this web-site to learn information about each State agency represented, not to " pick " on DEP , I have noted that the other area's of the site also contain fairly negative postings , maybe that is what this site is for not really sure on that one, some seem to have them some do not.

This has gotten to be a pretty long reply thank you in advance for reading through this ranting reply.