PDA

View Full Version : Leaving?

12-14-2006, 05:08 AM
I know that there are rumors going around that some of our officers (the last tally I heard was four) are leaving us for the SO...

...I think that 2 of those officers are more obvious, but any idea on the others?

And before this turns into a PCSO/LPD Bashing Board, I am writing this out of curiosity, not to bash anyone. I dont have any problems with any of the surrounding agencies and I think that we are all tired of hearing about why one agency "sucks arse" over another. I also dont have a problem with somebody leaving this agency. Everyone has their nitch and I will be the first to say that I am happy here, but this agency isnt for everyone. What I do have a problem with, however, is someone not having the guts to come out and tell us their intentions and leaving us with our backs to the wall by giving the shortest amount of notice they can.

And a request to those that may be planning on going somewhere else near the beggining of the year.... :lol: DO US ALL A FAVOR AND SAY SOMETHING BEFORE THE NEW BID :lol: ....as made apparrent by 383 and some of the failed recruits, it hurts our already shortened staff by leaving aftr a spot has been made for you in the bid. Dont take somebody else's desired spot when you plan on leaving before or immeidately after the bid. (Because obviously our command staff isnt willing enough to make any needed adjustments after the bid is over).

12-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Hey LPDguy,

Don't know if its still the same there, but for the longest time if the brass knew that an officer was planning to leave, they would slap him or her with an IA, knowing full well that most agencies won't take you if you had an IA within the last 12 months. Sometimes it was a legit IA, and other times, well....you know.....I guess that was their idea of retention.

I'm sure it screws up the bid, but like you said, if LPD isn't your cup of tea, you gotta do what you gotta do. Its not a person trying to create turmoil....they are just watching out for themselves.....because you know as well as I do that nobody will do it for you......

12-24-2006, 03:48 AM
Wow! From the sounds of it NOTHING has changed at the Largo Police Department since I left over 6 years ago now. So sad for the many good friends I once had there... Most of which left to other agencies where they could at least retain the hope of a future. It IS true theat Largo PD does dirty up your personnel file right about the time your contract for training reinbursement expires.. Not enough that they would have to fire you... just enough that any agency outside the Tampa Bay area not familiar wouldn't want to touch you. Soo happy I left wheb I did. I actually heard they filed an IA againt me and had to drop it when they realised that I was on leave (out of the state) when the incident was supposed to have occured (on duty). I resigned when I returned from that vacation and they never got a second chance. Good luck!