PDA

View Full Version : Don't Chase those violators!

12-08-2006, 03:41 AM
Well, Pasco County crime is skyrocketing, Tampa drug dealers and other scum are moving into the area, crack abuse is through the roof, and now deputies are told to turn tail and do a 180 if someone refuses to stop for the red and blues. Are we just trying to make this county a cesspool, or do we seriously think this is good press to not create waves? Watch your backs, the drug dealers and criminals in this county are going to get more brazen and dangerous...they already think the S.O. is nothing but a bunch of sissies....I can't wait to hear them laughing now..

12-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Very bad, bad, bad policy! Any unwritten policy is bad, and I think the bosses are too stupid to realize that we don't need a signed and ratified contract for the union to go after them for disciplining someone for violating improperly instituted and undocumented policy. Those who award accreditation should be made aware of how our practices do not follow written policy. I predict as we continue to document the two faces of the agency, our accreditation will be a memory.

12-08-2006, 03:26 PM
I agree totally, there are more problems here than the public will ever know, and the "kill them with kindness" theory is way off base. The whole time Bob has been here he kept preaching for the deputies to run their ass's off, answer more and more idiotic calls for service, kiss ass while on the call (or else), and after your down seven to ten reports, you better have them all called in before going home, but wait, your still on the clock how about answering another child abuse call (trust us we will pay you the overtime). Ol Bob said that the citizens will appreciate it and that the county commision will "give us whatever we want" well we all seen how that worked out. Now the citizens have been given the preverbial inch, and are demanding much more, which is fine in itself, but we still do not have the bodies that they keep promising. We get one person out of FTO and they hook up two of there chosen to go to some overstaffed BS unit, that are totally underused and overrated. Our training department is one of the most unethical creations of all time, but wants to give us classes on ethics (lets send so & so and such & such to another resort and call it training...then Ill invest in another gimmick, convince Bobby boy to buy the product I invested in and make thousands of dollars in the transaction.....) Our special teams are worthless at best (lets pop the kid with the roach in his pocket, never mind the guy that WE KNOW has a trunk load of dope in his car, we dont want to get in to deep and upset someone) or (lets spend all of this money buying the SWAT team all of this gear that they have no idea how use, and when a special call comes out, we might just have four SWAT guys show up [sober] and stand around for hours posing, when patrol could have settled the situation in less than 15 minutes, and then when its finally decided to go in, we will call Hillsborough County SWAT. Yes folks, like they say "You get what you pay for...." and in the case of this S.O you get even less.

12-08-2006, 08:00 PM
To guest who posted 12/08/06 at 10:26:09

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Obviously you have some issues that you need clarification on in reference to Specialty Units and the Swat Team. Unlike you, I will provide you with my name. You Know where I work so let's get together so we can discuss your issues and lack of knowledge. You don't need to write back, let's handle this in person.

If anyone knows who wrote the posting that I am responding to, I would appreciate it if you would let me know who it is so I can attempt to educate them.

Robert Formoso

12-09-2006, 02:03 PM
You go Bobby! Doubt you'll ever get that jerk to respond or find out from others who he is but I love your style. Not being a smart ass, I love it. Polite, to the point and willing to "educate" the uneducated.

12-09-2006, 07:33 PM
some anger management issues here it seems

12-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Actually, the members of the SWAT team are very proficient and do know how to perform. They just had their hands tied by a member of the administration who has never handled tactical situations before while checking live wells for illegal fishies. Hillsborough SWAT never took over an operation. Hernando did after our team was held on a perimeter for countless hours and denied the authorization to complete an entry and then sent home due to the long hours spent waiting for the authorization.

I hafta back you on the stripping patrol to staff specialty units though. They do take experienced people off the road as soon as someone clears FTO...

Training unethical? hmmmm. Please elaborate on that. Unless you are referring to them running out of funds, but the short bald guy sending the sheriff's buddy to a conference while deputies got denied real pollice type training classes that might have benefitted crime victims with better trained deputies.

If you know of anyone riding around with a load of dope in theri trunk, post the info in district one and I will go grab them and their dope up. I could care less about making waves and would challenge any administrator who would tell me to lay off someone selling dope. Even though I have no true respect for the people behind the rank, I doubt any one of them would "protect" a criminal because they are afraid he will go to the papers if we took his dope and put him in jail. That is an unfounded accusation right there, I don't care who you are.

As far as the SOBER comment. I have never seen any of them show up in the bag on any of the scenes when they were called out that I have been on. I think you are full of poop right there!

Stop directing your arguments toward deputies when the source of the issue lies way higher. The deputies work within the perameters the administration sets regardless of the lack of experience on their part. Checking tax stamps and inspecting boater's live wells doesn't quite count as real L.E. experience guys. Sorry!