PDA

View Full Version : We all do the same job, in case you forgot

12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Ive worked for a city PD and County SO. I hear the BS comments from both sides and it gets old. I have to say, however, that I hear more wise ass comments from LPD and CPD than anywhere else. Some, not all, of you guys really take this crap too far and look like complete morons. I hear complaining about PCSO not taking crashes or calling the PD when something happens in the city. I'm not paid to handle a BS DAV in your city anymore than you are to handle one in Seminole. In fact I see more City Cops just drive on by when they are out of their jurisdiction when going by a DAV on the Bayside or US 19. Im sure you guys will complain about not being able to do traffic stops out of your City while going to or coming from the jail now. Tough crap. Same job, different teams. Get over it. We dont make the rules for our job anymore than you guys do. And if it is so great at LPD and CPD, name the last Deputy who by choice quit PCSO and stayed at LPD or CPD. I can name a bunch who have left CPD and LPD and are still here and love it. :devil:

JAFO
12-05-2006, 11:41 PM
As always, everyone is allowed to voice their personal opinion and welcome to our site.

Mr. PCSO deputy, we are all glad you have taken time to speak with us. Some people fit well into small agencies and some fit well into bigger agencies. People stay where they feel comfortable and fit in.

We often find that some employees cause their own problems at their original agencies and go to another agency with a clean slate. They are mature enough not to make the same mistakes they did at their first agency and often succeed. I say, more power to them because the change was good for both agencies and the deputy too. We also have had quality people that go on to larger agencies for more opportunities that they may offer at a larger agency. We have also lost qualified applicants because we can’t guarantee them when they start they will be working in the detective bureau within a twelve month period like some larger agencies can. I often wonder how that prospective employee is doing at your agency.

If you are offended by wise arse comments on this site then feel free to quit reading as our web site is not mandatory reading.

Complaining between agencies occurs regardless of who the players are. That’s just the nature of the beast.

If you are trying to elicit some smart mouth response, keep on waiting because it’s not coming from me. We have a good enough report with members of other departments that no one needs to start a war because someone has an axe to grind.

Good luck with you new job. Be safe out there.

12-06-2006, 05:29 AM
I like the Dancing Pepper Thingy........

12-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Well said JAFO. I agree. And Guest it's not a dancing pepper, it's a devil :D

12-06-2006, 11:14 PM
It looks like a Chicago red hot to me....... :P

JAFO
12-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I was surfing the LPD web site here and noticed that this original post appeared on their site minutes prior to appearing here on CPD's site.

LPD became a little defensive and bit on the bait, but not bad.

Also that shot about the Sheriff's IA thing appeared on the PCSO site word for word too. Looks like someone is trying to start some problems again. Bottom line is what happens over there stays over there and vise versa.

12-14-2006, 06:22 AM
AS A RETIRED NYC HOUSING COP.IT SICKENS ME ON HOW ALL OF THE AGENCIES DOWN HERE FIGHT WITH EACH OHTER.NO MATTER WHAT DEPT.YOU WORK FOR WE ALL BLEED BLUE.IF YOU NEED TO BE SO POWERFUL AND SUPERIOR.RUN FOR OFFICE.SO FAR THE MOST SQUARED AWAY DEPT I'VE SEEN IN TAMPA BAY.IS CLWTR PD.

12-15-2006, 05:18 AM
Slammmmmmmmm !

MOD 22
12-15-2006, 09:39 PM
I wonder what Guest 12345 means by "Squared away"?

12-15-2006, 09:50 PM
PLEASE FORGIVE ME I ALSO MEANT PCSO ALSO.

MOD 22
12-15-2006, 10:10 PM
You did not answer the question.

JAFO
12-16-2006, 05:31 AM
If I remember correctly, it refers to someone well organized and has things, himself or other subject matter properly arranged. It's a positive comment.

12-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Squared Away is a Military Comment that means. What Jaffo said.

12-29-2006, 09:29 PM
AS A RETIRED NYC HOUSING COP.IT SICKENS ME ON HOW ALL OF THE AGENCIES DOWN HERE FIGHT WITH EACH OHTER.NO MATTER WHAT DEPT.YOU WORK FOR WE ALL BLEED BLUE.IF YOU NEED TO BE SO POWERFUL AND SUPERIOR.RUN FOR OFFICE.SO FAR THE MOST SQUARED AWAY DEPT I'VE SEEN IN TAMPA BAY.IS CLWTR PD.

Squared away? They are a private PD for Scientology.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8eTe_Ank8

12-29-2006, 10:06 PM
YOU HAVE TO GO WHERE THE MONEY IS.
STAY SAFE.

01-21-2007, 04:30 AM
I think you guys are all mistaken, the most professional and aggressive bunch of cops I've seen are across the bay at the Tampa Police Dept. Those guys seem to take care of each other and have a positive attitude about their jobs, at least those that I've experienced. Oh and I couldn't agree with my fellow New Yorker.....I think that these guys need to remember that their all cops and we work together not against each other...it's a shame that it's not that way down here...up north you didn't have this infighting garbage!

01-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Infighting garbage? Welcome to the computer age where things are discussed via the internet instead of the old days where things were
discussed in the locker room or the local bar. If some of these lame problems are the worst they can talk about then maybe things are not so bad after all.

If the infighting bothers you, please stay home. No one wants to see you get hurt.

01-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Sir, your reply just made my point. You are obviously part of the problem!

01-24-2007, 05:09 AM
I've been doing this job for 20 years and right about now I wish I would have gone to law school when I had a chance. I can't believe the amount of unprofessionalism that I see in this so called profession. My guess is that most of you have never worked in the "Private Sector". I"d be willing to bet that you would be lucky if you would survive. Most of you don't even know how lucky you are to have a job, and you never will. AND YES I have had a previous career in the "Private Sector" for 12 years. All I'm TRYING to say is let's act like the professionals that we all wanted to be when we took an OATH to be the outstanding people that I think we all once wanted!

locallawman76
01-25-2007, 12:46 PM
As someone who is trying to get into the Law enforcement field I dont understand why everyone is fighting about the stuipdest things. I mean really there are more important things in the world ( not to mention the cities that you all work in ) that you should and can be fighting over. I just hope that when I get into my chosen profession you all will be there to back me and stand by just as I do for you and not be busy fighting amongst yourselfs.

01-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Locallawman76, you hit the nail on the head. Everyone is proud of the cities or counties they work for otherwise they wouldn’t be here talking it up and they would go elsewhere. Some of this infighting is nothing more then just rattling off at the mouth and doesn’t mean anything anyway because the topics are trivial in nature. We could be like some other agencies and have no posts at all.

Years ago when squads worked together they would occasionally stop by a local establishment for some refreshment. It didn’t matter if you drank soda or something else, you just stopped and all had a good time. In today’s world, you would be lucky to get a handful together on short notice because everyone is too busy going their own way and that’s just the way things are now a days. You better get use to it.

With the introduction of the internet, you have the same type chatter you had at the bars and restaurants years ago. Some of the recent talk here is fueled by the better halves and sometimes they like us, have the whole story, sometimes they don’t.

The bottom line is as time goes on things change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse depending how you look at it. You can’t live in the past, live in the present and be prepared for the future.

02-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I totally agree with you, cpd and lpd are mostly a bunch of crybabies who think they are better than all other cops, I believe this is due in part to that most of the rookies in law enf. start at cpd or lpd and then move on when they find out what a shame it is to be a part of those teams. The ones that stay usually fit the mold if you know what I mean. They should just stay in their own jurisdictions and stop trying to be state cops, which they are NOT!!

02-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I totally agree with you, cpd and lpd are mostly a bunch of crybabies who think they are better than all other cops, I believe this is due in part to that most of the rookies in law enf. start at cpd or lpd and then move on when they find out what a shame it is to be a part of those teams. The ones that stay usually fit the mold if you know what I mean. They should just stay in their own jurisdictions and stop trying to be state cops, which they are NOT!!

that's terrible to talk about other agencies that way, I thought you were ll brothers? I am saddened by you Mr. Anonymous. I bet the other LEO know who you are by your attitude and know they can't count on you. tsk tsk