PDA

View Full Version : HCSO Scholarship

12-05-2006, 02:22 AM
I have heard that non-minorities have a slim-to-none chance of getting the HCSO Integrity Scholarship. I have read comments pertaining to this on LEOAffairs, and found a St. Petersburg Times (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/01/Hillsborough/Integrity_is_this_she.shtml) article which stated that the scholarship was intended to attract minority applicants. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this? Is it true (and to what extent)? If so, why does the HCSO website not state that the scholarship is intended for minorities? I do not mean to start any kind of debate about affirmative action, or to stir up any racial hostilities; I just want to know if what I've been told (and read) is more fact or fiction.

12-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Have you seen the last integrity class? 90 % male...70% white male? I don't see your argument!

12-05-2006, 09:00 PM
No, I have not seen the last Integrity class, so I would not know the demographics of it. And I was not making an argument, I was asking a question. Thank you for your answer.

I am not a deputy. I am someone who simply heard (and read) something about the scholarship, and was inquiring about it. Nothing wrong with asking a question, is there?