PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the assist

11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
I would like to personally thank the Largo Officer who assisted a CPD Officer this weekend. On Friday, around 1430 hours, one of CPD's Officers was on his way to his rehersal dinner for his wedding on Saturday. His best man was driving him to the dinner. He was late and was stopped for speeding. No alcohol involved. One of you fine Officer's contacted the driver and advised him of why he was stopped. The CPD Officer (Groom) apologized and displayed his badge and identification. The Officer took the driver's license and returned to his cruiser. When he returned,the Largo Officer advised the driver that he should thank "his buddy", the passenger/Officer, because he would be receiving a "break" and was promptly given a citation for a seatbelt violation. One would think that maybe a verbal warning might be appropriate in this situation. I'm sure you have your share of Officer's that do not respect the thin blue line, as we here as CPD have some of our own. If you happen to be the issuing Officer and are reading this, I only hope someday I can give you the same break you offered our Officer. Thanks for such dedication to your city.

11-20-2006, 12:32 AM
That is why LPD sucks and if I pull over any of your officers they will get every ticket they deserve. LPD and their officers suck.

11-20-2006, 12:35 AM
The sarcasm was really nice, but I do have to agree with you. We have some officers here that need to lighten up a bit and use some common sense once in a while. I apoligize for that, but like you said, every agency has them. I can only hope that he/she will face the other end someday and be just as lucky.

Oh and not that I really want to know, but just for kicks, maybe you could post an ID number on a reply and we'll see what happens.

11-20-2006, 12:40 AM
I just read Not Surprised reply. Come on, nice attitude. Do you think we all really act this way. You need to get with one of us and we will take care of the problem with that officer. No need to bash us all for some idiot out here.

11-20-2006, 03:04 AM
I am really surprised and disappointed to read what you had to say "LPD". I happen to be the wife of the officer that you have offered to "take care of..." at LPD. Even more disappointing is your suggestion for the CPD officer to post the ID number of my husband. You, yourself, are hiding behind the title of "LPD", yet you want to expose my husband for something you know nothing about. Who are you? Why not give your ID number? Were you on this call? Did you witness what happened? Instead of supporting your fellow officer, you chose to jump on board with someone you don't even know and get involved in a situation that you were not even a part of?

I am proud of my husband for having the courage to uphold the law with integrity. That is your responsibility as a police officer. You are to enforce the law, you are not above the law.

The officer in this incident was not even the driver of the car. It was not an officer's wife, or mother, or distant relative. It was a "friend". Therefore, let's make it clear that an officer was not given a ticket....since that seems to be your complaint.

The driver in this incident was driving 50mph in a 30mph SCHOOL zone that was just about to open, with kids in the area, and neither the driver, nor the passenger (the officer), was wearing a seatbelt. That equals, approximately, $350 in fines and points on your license, so the officer's "friend" was given a break b/c he has no points on his license and only received a $73.50 non moving ticket.

You should be embarrased of your disloyalty to your fellow officer. I sure hope you are never on a call with my husband when his life is in danger b/c I question your morals, integrity and loyalty to your profession. You would rather "please" officers from other departments than focus on enforcing the law.

Why don't you be so bold as to expose yourself and your ID number b/c my husband would have the courage to talk with you face to face about this. Since he cannot seek you out, please seek him out so that you can "take care of the problem". I am sure that he would be more than happy to discuss this with you in person.

11-20-2006, 03:25 AM
The school zone in question was not even close to being open Mrs. Wife and the fact is, we are all one. One brother/sister in uniform fighting for the same reason, regardless of what patch we wear. So the LPD Officer who had comments regarding his opinion of the citation, took a stance on what he obviously felt was a poor decision by your ticket writing stud of an officer. We get very little respect from the vast majority of people we deal with. The very least we can do for one another is show some professional courtesy when we get the chance. I think on his special day, some courtesy could have been extended to his best man. The Officer who's friend received the ticket is a S.R.O., who has more respect for our children and the badge he represents more than anyone I know. If your husband would have taken the time to speak to him, rather than identify him as a "buddy" of the driver, maybe he would have learned that and determined a warning was a nice choice here. Not sure how much time Mr. Ticket has on, but a small piece of advice would be to slow down. Not everyone deserves tickets or arrests. Warnings are sometimes appropriate. I surely hope he didn't give any warnings that day, for the same violations.

11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
This is the reason why LPD has a VERY poor reputation in this county. I know some LPD officers that I really like but as a whole LPD officers are stuck up and they honestly believe that they are better than everyone else.

I have worked for two agencies in this county and both have the same opinion of LPD. It isn't just me with this opinion. Ask around and you will see.

11-20-2006, 05:05 PM
The reality of this situation is that we all know there are certain people at every agency that will cite a fellow officer. This was not a fellow officer per say, however he was driving with one. The unit was most likely a traffic car due to the fact that it was in a school zone. So we have a poor reputation because we have a small minority of officers that will write other LEOs tickets? Get over yourself if you think that doesnt occur in every agency. I think that that most people agree we have our fair share of arrogant people however I don't see that it is different at any agency. Let it go.

11-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Now see, this is the problem with being anonymous. If you're bashing the administration or anyone in the organization that can hurt you, you have a right to protect your identity. If you're going after a fellow officer, you should just 'fess up and identify yourself -it's the way a man should act. Yeah, yeah it's old fashioned I know but I'm stuck with it. The truth is, we don't know who wrote these little missives and so are unable to judge their truthfulness, knowledge of the situation, motivations, etc... .
Would I have written the ticket?
Nah, not in a million years. But most days I have difficulty even finding my ticket book.
Stupid Alzheimers.

11-21-2006, 02:43 AM
This is the reason why LPD has a VERY poor reputation in this county. I know some LPD officers that I really like but as a whole LPD officers are stuck up and they honestly believe that they are better than everyone else.

I have worked for two agencies in this county and both have the same opinion of LPD. It isn't just me with this opinion. Ask around and you will see.

Go piss up a rope. If you had more education than your GED maybe you would have something to be proud of. and, I'm sorry, did you say that you have worked FOR two agencies. I wonder why that is.....maybe you couldn't keep your comments to yourself, or maybe you couldn't go anywhere with the lack of intelligence. OH WAIT, I'VE GOT IT....you couldn't get hired with us, so you have to bash us. Well, you know what they say, you bash what you can't have :lol:

11-21-2006, 04:28 AM
I must admit that I have heard stories over the years of LPD guys giving tickets out to fellow LEO's and there is a legend of one even trying or giving a cite out to PCSO Deputy while he was in his cruiser. Like I said, it could be an urban legend but that's how reputations get started.

The fact is I have never had a bad experience with any LPD Officer and I think the majority of them are just like the majority of us. Unfortunately, CPD has a few, very few mind you, narrow minded and holier then thow individuals that would write their mother. It's a shame but every agency has a few and that's is why the rest of us need to remind the others of our displeasure. Let's not forget that we should be networking rather then being on our own islands.

To the wife, your husband should be proud of you for jumping to his defense but LEO's are also part of the family and take it personally when another brother does not extend professional courtesy on a civil infraction. No one was asking or should expect professional courtesy if they are holding crack or committing some serious crime as your post might suggest with your husband enforcing the law. Everyday we let people off for warnings for civil infractions and minor crimes. Are we not allowed the same courtesy?

Final thought, it so happened that I went to a gathering with the groom to-be on the night of the incident and there were probably 30 LEO's from several agencies that heard this story. Needless to say the LPD guy in question was not too popular. None of us need that type of division.

Again, not a bash but a reminder for solidarity between LEO's.

11-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Just a quick reminder...

The public, including the news media, reads this website. The issue of professional courtesy has recently received some negative attention from the media. Considering the fact that the public expects us to uphold the law and abide by the letter of same, regardless of whom we are dealing with, it's probably a bad idea to air this stuff in a public place. I'm sure some poor mope who received a very expensive ticket for speeding in that same school zone would love to read this post and make an issue of it.

DO THE RIGHT THING - :wink: :wink: - but let's keep it to ourselves. Our profession doesn't need any more negative attention than the St. Pete Communist Times already provides.

Stay Safe (AND protect the thin blue line!!!!!!!)

11-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Holy Crap!!!!! Are you all that freaking stupid????? The Largo Cop did not write a Clearwater Cop a ticket!!! For christ's sake get over it. Just cuz youre in the car with your friend the cop does not mean you deserve crap!!! You idiots have made a big stink over nothing. Every agency has ticket writers that would write their own mothers. Theyre azzholes too. This LPD did not do that. So unless the CPD guy is claiming he is banging his buddy in the azz, let it go. Retards

Occasional reader
12-05-2006, 01:47 AM
Do you really think most off duty cops who intentionally violate traffic laws will change their driving habits after getting a verbal warning by another cop? Having a badge or a star will not keep them from getting into a crash.

12-05-2006, 04:30 PM
As far as I'm concerned the guy in the original posting got a break. He was not a cop, not married to a cop, not a doc, not a medic, not a firefighter. he got a non-moving versus a moving. Take your break and thank the cop.

To the unintiated, non-leo, you will never get it nor agree with it. But we cops tend not to write other cops tickets. Yes there are those of us that drive crazy 24/7 and those are a small percentage. Their day will come. But we have to put up with the BS generated by criminals, media, liberals, and so on. So as a courteousy (killed that word) we try not to write each other tickets. Some traffic hounds really get off on writing people, inculding cops, tickets. They are pricks. We know it, you know it. But it is what it is.

If youre a cop and you go out of your way to write cops tickets, youre a ****. However, if youre a cop who thinks anyone attached to you be it friend, part time shag, or whatever, dont ecpect a break for them as well.

12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
It was just a matter of time before a deputy came on here and showed his ass. Yea, the cop's friend was only given a non moving ticket, but if your loud mouth was in the car with you buddy driving, you can bet your ass you would throw that piece of crap star at him and ask for a break. I have pulled over several Detention Deputies on their way home from work and have had that star thrown out the window with little or no words, expecting a break. Even with the poor attitude, I walked away with a warning. So don't come on here acting as if you wouldn't have expected different. That holds true for all of you coming on here saying the guy didn't deserve a break. I would guess there is a very small percentage of you out there who wouldn't have expected the break.

12-06-2006, 01:59 PM
It was just a matter of time before a deputy came on here and showed his arse. Yea, the cop's friend was only given a non moving ticket, but if your loud mouth was in the car with you buddy driving, you can bet your arse you would throw that piece of crap star at him and ask for a break. I have pulled over several Detention Deputies on their way home from work and have had that star thrown out the window with little or no words, expecting a break. Even with the poor attitude, I walked away with a warning. So don't come on here acting as if you wouldn't have expected different. That holds true for all of you coming on here saying the guy didn't deserve a break. I would guess there is a very small percentage of you out there who wouldn't have expected the break.

Hmm, well you're lousy attitude shows what a **** you are toward Deputies. So I'lll show my ass too. If my buddy got pulled over and I was in the car I may think of a way to say soemthing without being a ****, if anything at all. But I wouldnt have come on this board and *****ed about it. If it was my wife, yeah I'd have a problem, but what can you do. And I'm curious, ass, if you have pulled over so many Detention Deputies who were on their way home from work, why would they have to throw that "piece of crap star" out the window when they would have been in uniform? You sound like the asshole here. I have given breaks to every cop I have ever stopped, from SPPD, PPPD, LPD, CPD, TSPD, wherever. And that is without question. I have had cops be complete assholes when I stop them as well, like wtf was i stopped for and all that. Youre the one, Just an Officer, who needs your ego checked. So consider who may be stopping you the next time you throw that piece of crap shield out the window and expect your break.

12-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Why is it that I never hear of SPPD, PCSO, PPPD or TSPD giving other LEO's tickets? I seem to always hear of LPD and sometimes CPD giving tickets to LEO's.

HUH!!! Everyone must be lying about LPD. :twisted: :snicker: :cop:

12-07-2006, 02:53 PM
FHP is prob the worst with writing other ofcs tickets. I also heard a PCSO Dep pulled over a Detention Dep 50 ft way from her driveway and stroked her for a DUI. The bottom line is in every agency you have ofcs who have no life outside of being a cop. 24 hrs a day they feel they are the judge, jury, and executioner. Maybe these ofcs need to go to classes to find their inner selves. Be safe

12-17-2006, 04:00 AM
It wasn't him, T333 is the culprit.

12-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I was on a stop last friday night on the causeway where an leo pulled over your ofc for dui, he fell out of the car and had no idea where he was, officers called his girlfriend and left his car at the boat ramps...its called discretion.

12-18-2006, 05:31 PM
The correct spelling of your police department is Belleair Beach. Since you work there.

12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I really seriously doubt that any of our officers were that intox. If they were...everyone would have heard about it by now.

By the way.....if you are going to bash our department, maybe you should get yours together first. Oh wait....you are full of part time offciers that take bunny rabbits home and are getting ready to be taken over just like Bellaire. :roll:

P.S. the MOD needs to delete the posts that include names. That was uncalled for and just plain rude

12-18-2006, 06:54 PM
That was PCSO who stopped that guy, I heard about it, just ask him instead of bashing each other.

12-18-2006, 07:04 PM
You got your wifeeee to stick up for you how special....

12-24-2006, 04:53 AM
That is one of many problems with the LPD. Turnover has resulted in the average patrol officer having less than 2 years experience (out of FTO). They are still under contract... lacking exerience and trying to toe the line of the depeartment's manual. They haven't developed the confidence to excersice discression that comes with time. Lets all hope for their sake and the sake of us all that their internal problems resolve themselves (when Mayor Stanton finally goes to met his maker..Satan!), the turnover ends so officers stick around long enough to learn the meaning of discression.

12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Didnt another of our officers do the same thing last yr? Iscr*? Keep up the good work you JOKES.

12-31-2006, 12:22 AM
I am really surprised and disappointed to read what you had to say "LPD". I happen to be the wife of the officer that you have offered to "take care of..." at LPD. Even more disappointing is your suggestion for the CPD officer to post the ID number of my husband. You, yourself, are hiding behind the title of "LPD", yet you want to expose my husband for something you know nothing about. Who are you? Why not give your ID number? Were you on this call? Did you witness what happened? Instead of supporting your fellow officer, you chose to jump on board with someone you don't even know and get involved in a situation that you were not even a part of?

I am proud of my husband for having the courage to uphold the law with integrity. That is your responsibility as a police officer. You are to enforce the law, you are not above the law.

The officer in this incident was not even the driver of the car. It was not an officer's wife, or mother, or distant relative. It was a "friend". Therefore, let's make it clear that an officer was not given a ticket....since that seems to be your complaint.

The driver in this incident was driving 50mph in a 30mph SCHOOL zone that was just about to open, with kids in the area, and neither the driver, nor the passenger (the officer), was wearing a seatbelt. That equals, approximately, $350 in fines and points on your license, so the officer's "friend" was given a break b/c he has no points on his license and only received a $73.50 non moving ticket.

You should be embarrased of your disloyalty to your fellow officer. I sure hope you are never on a call with my husband when his life is in danger b/c I question your morals, integrity and loyalty to your profession. You would rather "please" officers from other departments than focus on enforcing the law.

Why don't you be so bold as to expose yourself and your ID number b/c my husband would have the courage to talk with you face to face about this. Since he cannot seek you out, please seek him out so that you can "take care of the problem". I am sure that he would be more than happy to discuss this with you in person.

What is funny about this post is the detail about the incident. Hmmmmm post under your wifes name much?

12-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Some husbands actually communicate and share details w/their wives.. some actually have debate and intellectual conversations.

My hubby shares many a detail when something "unique" happens... pulling over another officer would be one of those things.

12-31-2006, 08:33 PM
And you discuss fine amounts in your conversations with your husband?

Copied from the Wifeys post " That equals, approximately, $350 in fines and points on your license, so the officer's "friend" was given a break b/c he has no points on his license and only received a $73.50 non moving ticket. "
Now come on how can we all believe that one.

01-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Well... I don't know. :) It's New Year's Eve, I was trying to calm things down.

Ya know, some LEO's are married to LEO's. :lol:

01-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Happy New Yr everyone...........Now lets see some more tickets to other officers,officers friends and family this yrs. LET BREAK OUR OLD RECORD.

01-01-2007, 03:57 PM
That is one of many problems with the LPD. Turnover has resulted in the average patrol officer having less than 2 years experience (out of FTO). They are still under contract... lacking exerience and trying to toe the line of the depeartment's manual. They haven't developed the confidence to excersice discression that comes with time. Lets all hope for their sake and the sake of us all that their internal problems resolve themselves (when Mayor Stanton finally goes to met his maker..Satan!), the turnover ends so officers stick around long enough to learn the meaning of discression.

Discression? No wonder you are "former LPD." I bet you didn't cut it anywhere with that kind of spelling. Good riddens.

01-07-2007, 02:54 AM
I told myself that I was only going to post a comment on this topic one time. I wanted to say my piece and be done with it. As I have sat here over the past several weeks and read these many comments on this topic regarding my husband, I have held myself back from speaking in his defense again. My husband refuses to even entertain the idea of posting a reply. He does not really care what you guys think about him and his decisions as an officer. He is confident in the choice he made in this situation, and he feels that he has no need to defend his actions. I guess he has more discretion than I do, because I am finding it very difficult to sit back and let you mindless, uneducated (how did you guys get through high school with that spelling??), backstabbing officers bash my husband when you really know nothing about the actual situation that occurred. You only know what you have "heard" happened.

The reason that I was able to be so specific about the details of this incident is because I actually communicate with my husband, and I asked him to tell me exactly what had happened. We talked about the incident and about the break that was given to the officer's friend. I am not sure why it is so surprising that I would know money amounts of the ticket. I simply asked my husband, and he told me. It's not like police work is rocket science....I do have an actual education that allows me to understand money amounts. I know this may seem complex to some of you that are still working on your spelling skills.

I really don't want to waste anymore of my time on this topic. It is getting pretty old. You can laugh at the fact that I have stepped in to defend my husband. You can even question if this is really his wife, but you can't change the fact that he does not really care what your thoughts are on this topic or on whether or not you agree with his choices as an officer. In the end, he does not answer to you for the decisions he makes, and every night, he comes home to a wife and two little girls that think he is the greatest police officer out there.

01-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, my goodness, don't we have a high opinion of ourselves! I am surprised that you have deigned to communicate with us mere mortals. How is the atmosphere where you dwell on the Elysian fields of Olympus? And how do you commute? Winged chariot?
Seriously, the treacle was a bit thick, don't you think?
Oh, and those comments about "rocket science"...I've heard that phrase before... it didn't turn out well...right MM?

01-08-2007, 03:36 AM
I told myself that I was only going to post a comment on this topic one time. I wanted to say my piece and be done with it. As I have sat here over the past several weeks and read these many comments on this topic regarding my husband, I have held myself back from speaking in his defense again. My husband refuses to even entertain the idea of posting a reply. He does not really care what you guys think about him and his decisions as an officer. He is confident in the choice he made in this situation, and he feels that he has no need to defend his actions. I guess he has more discretion than I do, because I am finding it very difficult to sit back and let you mindless, uneducated (how did you guys get through high school with that spelling??), backstabbing officers bash my husband when you really know nothing about the actual situation that occurred. You only know what you have "heard" happened.

The reason that I was able to be so specific about the details of this incident is because I actually communicate with my husband, and I asked him to tell me exactly what had happened. We talked about the incident and about the break that was given to the officer's friend. I am not sure why it is so surprising that I would know money amounts of the ticket. I simply asked my husband, and he told me. It's not like police work is rocket science....I do have an actual education that allows me to understand money amounts. I know this may seem complex to some of you that are still working on your spelling skills.

I really don't want to waste anymore of my time on this topic. It is getting pretty old. You can laugh at the fact that I have stepped in to defend my husband. You can even question if this is really his wife, but you can't change the fact that he does not really care what your thoughts are on this topic or on whether or not you agree with his choices as an officer. In the end, he does not answer to you for the decisions he makes, and every night, he comes home to a wife and two little girls that think he is the greatest police officer out there.

Your husband did this and not you. Stop fighting his battle. Let him grow a sac and stand up for himself. Hell do you change his diaper also?

01-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Understand where #28 is coming from. How many ex-wives does he have? I guess none of them ever stood up for him either.

01-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Gosh,
That hurt. I'm weeping into Ensure now.
Nice try, Sonny!

01-11-2007, 10:42 PM
The Black Eyed Peas sang it best, "where is the love?"