PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see?

The Shadow
11-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Did anyone see in the paper the other day where someone wrote in to complain abouut a deputy using his cruiser to take his kid to school? Imagine that, some officer thinks that he's above the law.. tsk tsk.

I guess he forgot that there's always soemone out there watching. What I'd like to know, is if anything done about it?

11-19-2006, 01:10 PM
It is unfortunate that some people think they can do anything they want and no one will pay any attention. Stuff happens sometimes and maybe the deputy had to bring junior in the county car, but should have thought enough to put junior in a car seat.

I am one of those who thinks that those cruisers can be used for off duty errands etc. Why? because it gives the appearance that there is more cars out there. Naturally, there are rules that need to go along with using the car off duty and common sense needs to be included. The main problem is the lack of common sense these days.

Another issue is that many officers, administrators and public employees in general these days simply think they can do anything they want to do. Many forget they are public employees and everything they have is paid for with public money.

Whatever happened to being responsible and accountable?

11-30-2006, 01:14 AM
I think I've seen the same deputy dropping off his kid at Westview. Talk about lazy, he lives right across the street from the school. Now if that ain't abusing privledges.... It's like the patrol cars you see flying down the road well in excess of the posted speed limit, wiithout their blue lights. I don't think some of these guys would know right if it smacked them in the face.

It is unfortunate that some people think they can do anything they want and no one will pay any attention. Stuff happens sometimes and maybe the deputy had to bring junior in the county car, but should have thought enough to put junior in a car seat.

I am one of those who thinks that those cruisers can be used for off duty errands etc. Why? because it gives the appearance that there is more cars out there. Naturally, there are rules that need to go along with using the car off duty and common sense needs to be included. The main problem is the lack of common sense these days.

Another issue is that many officers, administrators and public employees in general these days simply think they can do anything they want to do. Many forget they are public employees and everything they have is paid for with public money.

Whatever happened to being responsible and accountable?

01-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Well, I believe there's a response of "code 2", which means you don't have to activate your blue lights and or siren, but can expedite your response by using the emergancy equipment at intersections, around other cars and so forth. This could be a reason but not an excuse.

What it comes down to is if you're the person that made the call for service then the Officer can't respond fast enough. If you're Johnny passer-byer then you think it's an abuse of power if the officer's speed a little to get to the call. Even if it's not a "code 3" call, it's an important call to the person that made it.

How many people do you hear about getting hurt in an crash with a Officer thats just driving around, not responding to a call. The numbers are little to none.

:)

01-19-2007, 01:32 AM
The officer who lives across the street from westview was dropping his kid off to school? What is the problem with that? It isn't like he was driving a long way to the school. It is across the street!

01-21-2007, 01:09 PM
The officer who lives across the street from westview was dropping his kid off to school? What is the problem with that? It isn't like he was driving a long way to the school. It is across the street!

Whats the problem with that?

Is there a policy about riding children in the county car?
Is it true the child was not in a car seat? Was the child big enough not to be in a car seat? If he lives across the street from the school, wht didnt he just walk? Do you even know why there are rules and if any apply here?

When people don't think rules/laws/policies are a big deal and obviously don't think it applies to them but does apply to others, thats a big deal. If a cop thinks the rules are for others and not them it is a problem.

Little things turn into big things.

01-22-2007, 05:18 AM
It is across the street!! I don't see a problem in it. I wouldn't want my child to walk across a busy street and get hit by a car.

01-22-2007, 12:15 PM
It is across the street!! I don't see a problem in it. I wouldn't want my child to walk across a busy street and get hit by a car.

It seems that is the answer to my questions. The rules don't apply if it is for someones personal convenience, at least in your world.

If there are rules in place that prohibit this issue would it be that difficult to drive junior all the way across the street in your personal car? Or maybe even walk with junior across the street. Thats why there is a school zone speed limit and a crossing guard.

You are probably one of those guys who speeds around in a cruiser then gives tickets to people who do the same thing.

01-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Leave a trail of doughnuts across that street and'll he'll walk it,lol

Really, he shouldn't do that but there's an a reason for everything.
All small problems don't evolve into large problems.
If it's not a on going problem then let it go.

PS, get a life :twisted:

01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
typo correction, sorry

Leave a trail of doughnuts across that street and'll he'll walk it,lol

Really, he shouldn't do that but there's a reason for everything.
All small problems don't evolve into large problems.
If it's not a on going problem then let it go.

PS, get a life :twisted:

01-22-2007, 04:46 PM
What is good for the goose is good for the gander! If it is rules that you are concerned of then there is plenty being broken by people who are related to the sheriff himself. Driving a child across the street to his school is very minor compared to what i've seen.

I am not a deputy and I sure don't want to be one under the current administration. Speaking of tickets, I guess N. Carrick is a fine example, huh?

01-23-2007, 04:19 PM
What is good for the goose is good for the gander! If it is rules that you are concerned of then there is plenty being broken by people who are related to the sheriff himself. Driving a child across the street to his school is very minor compared to what i've seen.

I am not a deputy and I sure don't want to be one under the current administration. Speaking of tickets, I guess N. Carrick is a fine example, huh?

Nikki is a really good example. By the standard that everyone else is held up to, she should have been terminated. She was after all out drinking while she had her duty weapon with her. But she's in good with the Major, so that rule can be over looked. Which brings us back to oen fo the earlier post. Something about small rules being compared to bigger rules. Breaking small rules adds up. If you can't abide by the small ones, what's to say that you're going along with the bigger ones. A rule is a rule.

What it all boils down to is that this department is so out of whack that it isn't even funny. The public is supposed to be able to put thier trust in everyone from the sheriff all the way down. But if the sheriff and his inner circle can't display any kind of integrity, how can the public put any trust in the department?