PDA

View Full Version : Not all Troopers are bad

11-14-2006, 11:21 AM
I am a City of Miami cop. I would like to share a positive incident, that took place 2 years ago.. I was just returning to Miami from an Orlando Vacation. I was on the Turnpike doing 115 MPH. I got Pulled over by an 18 year old Vet. I apolagized for my actions. I asked the trooper to do what was right, that if he decided to write me up this was his highway and I would assume my resposabilities. At the same time I asked for Professional courtesy, the same way I would do for him or any Officer... The trooper looked at me and said, you lucky I am an 18 year veteran.. If a Rookie would had pull you over , you be handcuffed and arrested.. Common sense plays a Big role in police work.. I shook his hand Thanked him, and slowed down ever since... By the way he told me FHP academy teaches them to use discretion, is the ROOKIES who dont follow protocol... I remember 10 years ago I handled an accident with an off duty trooper, he was shaking on his pants. The trooper was at fault, he had good insurance. I explained to the other party he was an off duty trooper, he had good insurance and that I WAS not Writing him a ticket. That he's only concern should be him getting his vehicle fixed and have his insurance cover. I explained that cops dont write cops, just like Dr. dont charge a Dr. visit to another Dr. That's just the way it is... To bad so sad.. For those troopers that have discretion AMEN to you.. Thanks!!!

11-15-2006, 03:42 AM
I am a City of Miami cop. I would like to share a positive incident, that took place 2 years ago.. I was just returning to Miami from an Orlando Vacation. I was on the Turnpike doing 115 MPH. I got Pulled over by an 18 year old Vet. I apolagized for my actions. I asked the trooper to do what was right, that if he decided to write me up this was his highway and I would assume my resposabilities. At the same time I asked for Professional courtesy, the same way I would do for him or any Officer... The trooper looked at me and said, you lucky I am an 18 year veteran.. If a Rookie would had pull you over , you be handcuffed and arrested.. Common sense plays a Big role in police work.. I shook his hand Thanked him, and slowed down ever since... By the way he told me FHP academy teaches them to use discretion, is the ROOKIES who dont follow protocol... I remember 10 years ago I handled an accident with an off duty trooper, he was shaking on his pants. The trooper was at fault, he had good insurance. I explained to the other party he was an off duty trooper, he had good insurance and that I WAS not Writing him a ticket. That he's only concern should be him getting his vehicle fixed and have his insurance cover. I explained that cops dont write cops, just like Dr. dont charge a Dr. visit to another Dr. That's just the way it is... To bad so sad.. For those troopers that have discretion AMEN to you.. Thanks!!!

115mph?? Damn! You talk about being careless. You are very lucky you did not receive a ticket!

CAP
11-15-2006, 06:46 AM

115 file per hour, are you insane. And I am one of MPD brothers….
:roll: :roll:

11-15-2006, 06:04 PM
two things, first 115, you're an idiot. second there is no such thing as professional courtesty. It's discretion. The public hates the term professional courtesy and I do too it gives an air of special privilege.

The officer/Trooper used his discretion and did not arrest you stupid a$$ for reckless and haul you off to a well deserved detention cell.

end of lesson, carry on.

nononsetpr
11-16-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't think you are an idiot!

11-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey Guest 115, I can give a Rats As* what the public thinks about us COPS... If we as cops dont take care of each other , who will? I guess you are thefect Nerd that has never driving over 100 MPH on Fla's Turnpike... Get a Life Dude!!!, be Realistic!!!! Professional courtesy is 1 of many Law enforcement Perks!!!!, Every Professions has it Perks, dont ever forget that!!!

11-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Let me tell you from another Miami cop, "You are an f-tard". You blow by people on the road going 115 then put the trooper in the position of having to give you courtesy even though you are endangering people on the street. You make us all look like crap. 115 is unexcusable. Dumba$$.

11-18-2006, 04:52 AM
Have any of you tards ever actually driven the turnpike between Miami and Orlando??? Its hundreds of miles of straight, empty (if you dont count the bugs) road.

I wouldnt personally go 115mph on it, but its not exactly the same as doing 115mph on I-95.

11-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey Guest 115, I can give a Rats As* what the public thinks about us COPS... If we as cops dont take care of each other , who will? I guess you are thefect Nerd that has never driving over 100 MPH on Fla's Turnpike... Get a Life Dude!!!, be Realistic!!!! Professional courtesy is 1 of many Law enforcement Perks!!!!, Every Professions has it Perks, dont ever forget that!!!

Well said!

11-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I am an FHP State Trooper in Miami and I have caught many many P.O's doing well over a 100MPH....The only thing I say is "Take Care Brother"

Alot of FHP Troopers (Mostly North Florida) give FHP a bad name when it comes to Officer discretion. I would NEVER even consider writing another P.O, Fireman, Nurse, ER Doc, Corrections Officer, or even Dispatcher a ticket. Lets face it we are all on the same side of the fence and we should always watch each others backs as we all perform one common duty - LAW ENFORCEMENT.

01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
SHH

01-07-2008, 06:30 AM
two things, first 115, you're an idiot. second there is no such thing as professional courtesty. It's discretion. The public hates the term professional courtesy and I do too it gives an air of special privilege.

The officer/Trooper used his discretion and did not arrest you stupid a$$ for reckless and haul you off to a well deserved detention cell.

end of lesson, carry on.

Dumbass, speeding alone is not reckless...read a statute book

I too got stopped in northern FLA by a FHP vet coming home from Disney on a long section of highway with no other cars around doing over 100 mph. I couldn't thank the trooper enough for letting me go with a warning and it slowed me down the rest of the way home.

On the other hand, my wife got stopped by FHP in Broward county doing 15 over on the turnpike. he was going to let her go when she said that she understood the trooper was doing his job and knows how tough it is because "my husband is a cop also" after talking to her for a while the trooper asked where her husband worked. after she told him Miami the trooper's attitude changed and he said I'll be right back, and returned with 2 tickets. speeding and no seatbelt

every department has ****s

01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I had a trooper stop me on I-95 heading north out of Homestead, AFB. He cut me a break and I've always remembered it.

I've had a trooper stop me on the Polk Parkway and was an a.s.s.h.o.l.e.

Bottom line: people are people and cops are cops.

If you speed you should man up and accept the consequences if cited.

01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Never Never Forget ! What goes around comes around. Always has and always well. If you write one of your own the favor will be returned somehow someway and sometimes 2 fold. Don't give me the BS you don't speed and obey all traffic laws. You are only kidding yourself. So Rookie go ahead and write the ticket. Then watch out us long timers got a Loooooooong memory.

01-07-2008, 09:50 PM
You were going 115 on the roads we travel with our children, shame on you.
The laws apply to you as well... try to follow them and when you don't, you should have to deal with the same logical consequences that we all do... the taxpayers, you know, the one's who help to pay your salary.

:roll:

01-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I am an FHP State Trooper in Miami and I have caught many many P.O's doing well over a 100MPH....The only thing I say is "Take Care Brother"

Alot of FHP Troopers (Mostly North Florida) give FHP a bad name when it comes to Officer discretion. I would NEVER even consider writing another P.O, Fireman, Nurse, ER Doc, Corrections Officer, or even Dispatcher a ticket. Lets face it we are all on the same side of the fence and we should always watch each others backs as we all perform one common duty - LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Hey "E" boy, our locals don't drive as badly as the Miami group.

01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I love writing hoseboy's tickets. :lol:

01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
The only troopers I would write are from Troop K.. They are total morons. :cop:

01-09-2008, 09:33 PM
You were going 115 on the roads we travel with our children, shame on you.
The laws apply to you as well... try to follow them and when you don't, you should have to deal with the same logical consequences that we all do... the taxpayers, you know, the one's who help to pay your salary.

:roll:

PLEASE give me your address so I can return the 4 cents you pay towards my salary.

01-18-2008, 03:54 PM
My point was missed... and no thanks, please keep the 4 cents... you may need it if Amendment 1 passes. :(

My point is, that when off duty, some LEOs, not just troopers, have an expectation that they can drive in the same manner and speed that they do when performing their duties. I understand that when you are on duty, you are laying your life on the line, I get that. And, when you need to drive at high speed to respond to a critical call, we know to make way, as your car is marked (usually) and you are visibly 10-18.

When you are in your personal vehicles and are travelling at excessive speed (115 is excessive) or drunk or reckless - but for the point of my view here, i mean excessive speed... there is an expectation to be let off with a warning. You all know the traffic laws better than most citizens and when not performing your job duties, in your personal vehicles and sometimes even travelling with your families and/or children you still choose to drive 115 or some excessive speed...then you should be subject to the same penalty anyone else is.

That is my point.

That being said, thank you for the job you all do... I realize it is low paying and often thankless. You keep me and my family safe, and that is appreciated.

Fellow Trooper
01-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I can see any reason why any off duty LEO should slaughter the speed limit.

01-18-2008, 05:17 PM
WHAT PART OF TROOP K HAS ALL THE MORONS??? THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE IN TROOP K IS A BUNCH OF HEAD HUNTERS JUST CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO WRITE SOMEONE UP. :?:

01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
hey, with only sig76's and speeders, what else do you expect them to do? no crashes, no death investigations, no intersections, and a guardrail separating the lanes, its coffee, ticket, breakfast, ticket, brunch, tickets, lunch, tickets, linner, tickets, dinner, tickets, snack, tickets, siesta, tickets and then get home 3 hrs early and sit on the sofa until x42. any questions? Viva la troop K.

01-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Why risk your life, and or livlihood by traveling at that speed. The trooper was nice enough to send you on your way, but the reason they are constantly working crashes is because of idiots traveling at 115.

You get into an accident at that speed, you're done for. You get stopped but a trooper who doesn't think 115 deserves any discretion and now you risk being disciplined by your department...