PDA

View Full Version : Apartments, Condos, Townhomes in Collier.

towncop
11-13-2006, 07:52 AM
I've read and re-read all of the horror stories about trying to purchase a home in Collier. My question is this, what's the rental market like for an apartment, condo, or townhome within the confines of Collier? I'm talking about a 3 BR/2 BA arrangement.

The wife thinks she'd rather do the apartment thing for quite some time with a new baby should we decide to make the move and I'm lucky enough to get hired. My wife makes a pretty comfortable living so we're looking for something pretty nice. You guys have any suggestions on where to look and the names of some properties? Thanks in advance.

11-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I will be down there in a few weeks looking around, but by looking on apartmentguide.com and forrent.com and searching in the naples area it seems you can get a really nice apartment for decent prices. ON average, your looking at 723 a month to 1400 a month depending on the complex and if you want a 1,2,3,4 bedroom. By looking at the rental prices they dont scare me at all. To be honest, housing is expensive but for me coming from NJ, its about the same, again i havent looked yet but from realtor.com you can still get a nice condo for around 250K.

11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
towncop, have you applied there yet? They seem very friendly and accomodating. I sent a application in, took the test over the internet from out of state, and they called me the next day to set up a week of prcessing for a month later. I dont no if they only do it one month a week or theres just that many people applying but seems fast to me.

towncop
11-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Applicant, no I haven't applied yet. I've been looking basically for about a year and really haven't gotten the nerve to send it in yet. You said you took a test over the internet, I assume that you aren't certified? I had spoken with an HR lady awhile back and she said I didn't have to take a written test. Has this changed? I've been a cop for just under 9 years here in Indiana and am definately ready to make a jump.

Njshore, thanks for the info about where to look for living. I'll do some research into the topic. By the way, keep me posted on your process with Collier both of you please!

11-13-2006, 10:57 PM
no, im not certified, applied for academy sponsorship for road deputy. Have a bachelors degree and solid work history, the recruiter told me as long as i do good in the interview, i would most likely be in.

About a week after i sent the application i recieved a letter and phone call to schedule the test. The test i took was over the internet, it was honestly a joke i thought. You had to get a 75% to pass and i got a 96, only because i thought i clicked the answer on two of the questions and it went to the next one when i really didnt click it. But it was so basic.

The very next day they called and scheduled me to come down for a full week, about a month from the day i took the test. Interview is on monday, and if i pass that and they give me a conditional offer, the rest of the week will be to do the phases, i guess polygrpah, physical, physc, etc. I jsut got the background packet to fill out in the mail today. I have to say overall, they have been the friendliest and most welcoming when it comes to applying and asking questions.

11-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, and the thing i like about it the best is the week long processing thing. Im going for the week, and by the end of the week i will know if im hired or not, and if i dont make it past the interview then i'll have a nice week on the beach in florida, but its better than making liek 6 seperate trips down there over a 6 month period, so im all game for it!

11-14-2006, 12:58 AM
applicant
After your week of testing you will still need to go through background I before they offer you a job. I'm through everything and in background now for Collier and background for Lee also.

11-14-2006, 02:01 AM
oh i know. but i honestly have nothing to worry about in the background, i answered everything on the packet truthfully and have nothing bad in my background, if i leave florida at the end of that week with just a background investigation pending, i will be happy as heck!

parrothead
06-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for a good deal on Condos or Apartments that allows dogs. I have a bunch of apartment and condo guides. I am not sure of what is a safe area to live in and or what is a nice addition to live in. I have been told to rent and not buy. I don't mind renting for the simple fact don't have to worry about much other than rent.

If anyone can offer any advise I would appreciate it.

06-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Also, if you are going to the road, every school in Collier County has a Deputy living on school site in a 3 bedroom 2 bath manufactured home. The only thing you guys have to pay is your loan on the home. The electric is through the school. You just have to check the agency bulliten board, there always seems to be a couple for sale.
Besides that, there are a lot of homesi n Naples for rent for around 1200 a month, they are also listed on the Agency board.
Good luck!!

veteranrookie
06-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look for a good deal on Condos or Apartments that allows dogs. I have a bunch of apartment and condo guides. I am not sure of what is a safe area to live in and or what is a nice addition to live in. I have been told to rent and not buy. I don't mind renting for the simple fact don't have to worry about much other than rent.

If anyone can offer any advise I would appreciate it.

try listing some of the condos and apartments you are thinking about renting in and I'm sure these guys will give you the skinny on whether or not you should move there. I can think of a few that I wouldn't live in, but there are so many. hope this idea helps some.

parrothead
06-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Some of the places I have found are like Ranch Reach, Belvedere at Quail Run, Laguna Bay, Gusto Bella Vista. I have been looking for some inexpensive apartments on the golf course also. If anyone can give me some insight on these places I have mentioned. I will be in Naples the week of the 23rd thru the 26th. I had thought about driving around and looking at some places incase I get an offer of employment with CCSO. Someone please give me some advise since I will be new to the area of where to find decent housing.