PDA

View Full Version : BPD's take-home car policy

11-10-2006, 01:13 PM
The Sarasota Sheriff's Office is looking at the policies that other agencies have for take-home cars. If you know what the policy is at your agency, then would you please share it at the SSO's board (http://leoaffairs.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9427)? Thanks in advance. :)

11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
If you use Bradenton's policy you may lose your take home it is very bad, very bad. Please, for your best interest recind your question. Ask the mod to remove it or you will face a horribly reality.

11-10-2006, 11:26 PM
The only thing I think is more horrible than our take home policy is my decision to ruin my life swearing in at this place instead of holding out for a respected Dept!! :cry:

11-11-2006, 03:09 AM
You guys can find something wrong with a wet dream!!!Now its take home cars and we have a good one if you have a car that is.

11-11-2006, 03:47 AM
The only thing I think is more horrible than our take home policy is my decision to ruin my life swearing in at this place instead of holding out for a respected Dept!! :cry:

No one's holding you here, im tired of hearing yall whine, if your unhappy, get up off your a** and find somewhere else to go... instead of just complaining.... go somewhere else or shut up, cause u sound like a bit*ch....

If your not happy at BPD, no one is forcing you to stay.... but stop whining and do something about it, if thats the case....

11-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Yes, but do other agencies require you to insure a patrol car?

11-13-2006, 02:30 AM
YES, FHP requires troppers who wish to use their parol car for sig-15 must have personal insurance coverage on the patrol vehicle when they are anywhere except on duty for the state. Now that is Pathetic! ! !

11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Sounds like BPD.

11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
If you are driving your take home on your own personal business that is not covered by the city insurance why in the world would you not want your own insurance to cover you and your family whether the city tells you or not? I protect my family with my insurance needs and adding the take home was no problem and at little cost. Its just being safe than sorry.

11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Why,,,, Because the car is already insured thats why!!! Nowhere in the city's insurance plan does it state that the car is only covered when its in service for the PD.

11-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Sorry but BPD is once again in the rear, show me othe city agencies that make you cover a city vehicle. As long as you abide by the policy you are covered in a real ageny. Ooops I forgot BPD is not a real agency and never will be.

11-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey guys the City is not going to cover you off duty on personal business and having an accident that is your fault. Ask any Risk Manager if you are liable for big damages the City does not have to pay. If the City pays fine but why take the chance on that libility? Protect your family.
You know yourself that sometimes we do stupid things so I encourage you to protect yourself. Well, at least the City is upfront and tells you to get insurance. I would rather have it that way than have a big accident that is my fault and THEN they tell me I should of had insurance.

Anyway Klem don't count on the City paying all the bills if its your fault and you are negligent. Its the stupid things we do that is going to put it on us not the city.
Was not that long ago we did not have take home cars at all other than rank and detectives. Like I said protect the financial well being of your family.

11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Drive to and from work and you won't need insurance. If I decide to drive on personal business then I decide to have additional insurance.

Its our decision to drive off duty and the libility is ours. I accept that.
So if you don't want insurance don't drive. Its your decision.

11-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Brain washed!!!!!!!!!

11-15-2006, 05:12 PM
The guy is not brain washed he is just being an adult.