PDA

View Full Version : HPD Revolution

11-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen we can keep complaining, and that inculdes myself, or we can chance things. It might take some time, but in the end win or lose the struggle will be worth it. I am not talking about going to war with the administration or City Hall. I am talking about letting everyone know that we are proffesionals and will not be treated like factory workers or migrant farm workers!

All of you at HPD have my word that I will do evrything possible, in good taste, to help our department be a top department in Miami-Dade. I am not trying to sound vain because I am only one man, but it must start somewhere. Most of you already know who I am by reading my post. Everything must start somewhere, so lets start it here and now. No more feeling sorry for ourselves. Lets go out and be the proffesionals that we all are. As far as those who do not belong in a uniform lets apply peer pressure until they either conform or leave.

I am sorry if I sounded negative in some of my other post, but some of the things I have seen related to the contract made me sick to say the least. However, at the end of the day we still go by each others 19 not because we have to, but because we care about that person out there at 0300 hrs on a 19 with 4 outstanding citizens!

So to hell with all the old bad blood and lets a least attempt a new relationship with the new mayor. I might not agree with him on many issues to say the least, but he has not treated us anything like "Raul" at least not yet. So lets give him a chance and perhaps we might be surprised. We have nothing to lose. If he wants war then there will be war. But that should be a last resort.

One of the problems we must face is that a lot of our administration has blood on their hands from the old wars when they took Raul's side against our own. However, some of our old officers also have blood on their hands. Let those people be alone and they will be gone soon. But we will be here if we choose to stay. A new HPD perhaps in 10 or so years we can have the reputation as a department that we deserve and will have earned as a department. Be Safe.

11-04-2006, 06:59 AM
I agree with you, but a war should never be started. We all chose to work for Hialeah, Hialeah did not knock on our door and asked us if we wanted a job "Remeber that" If you do not like were you live, you move, you don't destroy the house and buil a new one in the same place....

The fact is, the city sould be proud of the caliber of officers they have and, as time goes on our honor, Integrity and, desire to do good and to catch the bad guy will reflect and we will soon reep the benefits....Have fun out their, back each other up and, be safe :wink:

11-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Do you read before or after you type? Your answer to that posting is "love it or leave it?" Who are you, "Raul's" daughter? Is this just your ignorance?

Bottom Line
I'm glad that your just happy that your certified and that a city finally decided on hiring you BUT after a while when you've had your thousands of 38's, 37's, combative 39's, chases, bail-outs, perimeters, hurricanes, domestics, etc... while handling every call you get dispatched to with professionalism ensuring that it was done correctly so you won't be on the 6 o'clock news, while getting tasked with quality of life issues, and let's not forget satisfactory numbers .....

I still love coming to work, partly because of the rush but primarily for my brothers. My brothers who in order to provide for their families are working doubles & ED's comparative to migrant wages in the SoFla law enforcement community. Then come to work to risk their lives and protect the lives of their brothers on 3 hours of sleep (Lets not touch on the effect this has on our families). Yet here we are, bleeding the quality officers to other agencies. And yes I chose to work for Hialeah with the quality officers I originally worked with. Now we get to hope the new officer's will some day be of the same caliber and hope not to get me killed till then.

In response to the original posting, I'll keep doing it, at least until next contract negotiations with the new mayor .... F it, I like the rush.

In response to PSCOM, open your eyes.... the house you referred to is infested with rats, roaches, termite eaten, neglected, several code violations, structurally unsound, and the only part of the roof that is not leaking... is on fire. THANKS TO THE REMAINING COPS, THE HOUSE STILL HAS A GOOD SOLID FOUNDATION FROM WHICH TO BUILD ON.

Note: For the past 10 years the inflation has averaged 3% every year. (Dollars have been losing value and the free churros hold no nutritional value).

"Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals."

11-09-2006, 10:00 PM
This is in response to you MacnCheese. You sound like an Honorable man. You do what you do because it is breeded in your bones. You were born a warrior and a warrior will you die. Keep doing what you do for your brothers and for yourself. The politicians time will come, you have my word on it. Those who would do harm onto you will answer to me. Maybe not today but soon enough. It is my Honor to take up arms along side you.

11-10-2006, 03:19 AM
You guys need to stop watching those cartoons, its messing up your minds

11-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Guest:

If you were attempting to be funny, you failed! The only one around here with cartoon delusions is you.

Please, take your unsavory wit elsewhere, perhaps to a Blues Clues post, would be better suited for your IQ level.

When men dare not confront their fears, the fool always rears his ugly head.

11-10-2006, 04:31 PM
This is an interesting perception from an armed report taker.
If your “Warrior Spirit” has been so clearly identified and intense, the military is always looking for a few good men/women to be real warriors.
Then you can vocalize all of this warrior stuff.
Who took the psychological for you?

11-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I agree... "guest at hpd" laid it on "D&Dragons" thick but the message is sound.

To "guest" you either are a continual police applicant reject or worse yet...a lazy, scared, wall flower, that leaves the comfort and safety of his vehicle only under absolute necessity, talking his way out of work, and dreading the day he would have to step up to the plate. Police is a contact sport and any other different opinion simply is out of touch or not doing it right. Most of us have paid the price and served our country and the statements you’re ridiculing represent the philosophies that keep men alive. You probably still have no idea what I'm talking about ... (its simple) ... save your ticket book and arrest forms for the over/under A, signal 100+, criminal registration, career criminals that prey on the unknowing and unsuspecting. It may be easy to impose your will on the elderly, mother, father, sister, and brother but that’s not what we swore to do.

11-11-2006, 11:08 PM
The make believe world that you and some of your adolescent friends are living in is the world that ultimately ends up getting people like you indicted and or fired.
You have been watching way too much television, and have allowed yourselves to enter a non-existent world that only exists in Hollywood and in your minds.
Research the real concepts of Community Policing, present accepted practices of management in law enforcement, the teachings at the FBI National Academy, the effects of affirmative action in law enforcement, etc. and realize that the world in which you dwell in political not that of “Warriors”.
Only those that hold expectations received disappointments, hope you can handle them well.
I am one of you, my intent is to prevent young well intended men and women who have taken on this profession from hitting that wall at 100MPH, very few survive the explosive desceleration.

11-13-2006, 12:36 AM
bro, its ok! you don't have to be scared. i think your the one who gave my mom a ticket. mala gente. tremendous verbage FBI National Academy? de seguro you aiu. I don't know agout warrior but thanks for the 15ing. hey aiu ther is bad people in the world.

11-17-2006, 05:48 PM
I have seen men laugh and ridicule others believes. Simply because in their view of life they know it all, they know exactly what life is about. Good for them and you if you are one of those. However, I have yet to see a man who was so sure of what life was about die without fear. Those last seconds when a man is gasping for one more breath can be the most peaceful moment in your life or the scariest. But go ahead and laugh after all men have done it for hundreds of years.

I for one know that no matter what life is always a struggle. Family is what is most important to most of us. Unfortunately it is hard to take care of your family if you are hurt or worse, because you work with people that are here for just a paycheck.

This place is full of stress, but not only from the job, but from the third rate department HPD has become. Our resources are almost non-existent. Our training is poor, even though lately it has begun to improve. And lets not forget that since we share vehicles with two million people most of us carry a couple worhtless pieces of equipment, because if you leave something valuable in your/ and the two other million people that use that vehicle, it might disapear.

The only piece of advise I would give is not to take out the stress of this place on your fellow officers. I had a bad incident the other day and probably ruined a frienship. In the end the incident had nothing to do with the other person and more with the conditions of HPD. Try not to take things out on one another and remenber that many of the problems here at work affect all of us. When you look back on your life and you will, remember that you will have spent some of the best years of your life at HPD. We can not control the things that go on at HPD, but we can control how we treat each other and try not to let the stress of HPD get in the way of the people you care about. I am not preaching but sharing a thought that happened to me. By the way the person I had a problem with is ten times the Officer I will ever be, yet I failed to keep the stress I was feeling under control and released the frustration I was feeling over working at HPD on this Honorable person.

Again, remember who your friends are and don't let this place ever affect that as I allowed it to. I hope all of you get to have Thanksgiving Dinner with your families. Remember it is not a sure thing anything can happen in a week.

12-28-2007, 08:33 AM
i think this thread should be revisited this was the end of last year....how much has changed? :?: :roll:

12-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Let the past GO!!! It can only bring back bad memories!

12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Let the past GO!!! It can only bring back bad memories!

No -- Bushito made and his comment still makes a good point. Never let go of the past, learn from it, keep it as a reminder of things you ought not to do and improve upon it.

12-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Bushito without Arugueing with you I must say one thing. You sir or anyone else who wishes to have a serious debate or statement about the Hialeah police Dept. Must understand one thing Sergio V must wear a Sergeants uniform. This might be news to some but he was demoted and he still wears a Lt. uniform last confirmed sighting 12/28/2007.

12-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Bushito without Arugueing with you I must say one thing. You sir or anyone else who wishes to have a serious debate or statement about the Hialeah police Dept. Must understand one thing Sergio V must wear a Sergeants uniform. This might be news to some but he was demoted and he still wears a Lt. uniform last confirmed sighting 12/28/2007.yeah why does he ?when is gonna wear the strpes