PDA

View Full Version : interview

10-30-2006, 10:19 PM
so i have my interview with collier county in novemeber. i am just wondering what to expect. it this more a of a social conversation reviewing my life and hisotry and backgorund packet, or is this is a drill session of what would you do it ......? Is it more situational questions, more tell us about yourself? Also how do they score it? Are they looking for certain answers or ? ANd how many people are on this interview board? I ve been at the same job since i was 18 so a little nervous because i havent ogne thorugh an interview or job application in 8 years. Thanks for you help!

10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
It's a panel interview, and they do ask a number of situation based form questions regarding ethics and integrity. There is also a personal history question and answer portion of the interview where the interview board hears about your career goals, family life, etc.
The interview atmosphere is relaxed, and no one gives you a hard time. The questions are nothing that any honest person with some common sense could not easily answer. Just be yourself and relax and you will do fine.
Also, the interviewers will answer any questions you have about the position, agency etc. at that time. I am not sure how the interview is scored, but you should not have a problem.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions this forum is a pretty good place to ask around. We are proud of our agency and all of us are always willing to help improve it by bringing in good people.

10-31-2006, 07:03 PM
thanks for you help. ive heard horror stories about interviews, not from any particular agency just in general. I will be more than willing to answer any question, and i have nothing to hide.

Im 26, worked as an armed guard since i was 18, well wasnt armed until 21, but worked at the same place, and work part time for the boy scouts at special events, etc. I just graduated with a bachelors degree and my family has had a condo in collier county forever, so there really is no other place i rather work than southwest florida. I looked around at Lee county, fort myers, cape coral, and not that i found anythign wrong with them, and i will be applying to them as well depending on how my interview goes, but i really like what i see with collier county. the fact that your sheriff has been the sheriff for a LONG time, and worked there before being sheriff really impresses me.

So i applied and am going down for an interview in late november and will hopefully pass and stay for the week of out of town processing.

thanks for all your help!

11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
NJ I had mine there were two sgts and a H/R person, they were nice it was a easy going interview, both sgts seemed like the kind of people you would want to work with every day. No suprise questions just a couple what if and tell us about yourself.

11-08-2006, 06:33 PM
should i, or would anyone suggest bringing anything with you? I would imagine before you go in to the interview they all look over you application/resume/credentials, but should i bring copies of anything?

11-08-2006, 06:41 PM
No need to bring anything.

Just dress for success and be YOURSELF! They want to see who you are and NOT what you think you are!!

Just be warm, friendly and honest and you will not have a problem!!

Goos Luck

11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Sorry,

That should be GOOD LUCK not Goos Luck (Not sure what Goos luck is but do not want to take the chance that it may mean something to someone, LOL)

11-09-2006, 04:49 AM
Road guy

I'm from NJ and when you tell someone goos luck that means you have to buy lunch, where do you want to meet all of us haha.

11-09-2006, 05:51 AM
in process, where are you from in NJ? Are you currently living in Florida? im from Ocean County, with a condo in southwest florida, cant wait to (hopefully) have a job down there and live full time, its getting cold here and i cant stand it anymore!

11-09-2006, 03:42 PM
NJ
Lived in south Jersey Gloucester county. Went to Sea Girt state police academy way back when so this one here should be a piece of cake. Now we live in Ft Myers I have applied at Lee and colier and got conditionals from both. Lee you do the cjpat and wellness test then poly then its B/I in collier I did everything oral,phy,psyc,poly,drug screen and fitness and now in B/I looks like collier moves faster.

JAG25
02-09-2007, 08:20 PM
If you are a female and get the young guy with glasses expect ALOT of personal questions. He is a perv!