PDA

View Full Version : pay raises

10-26-2006, 03:18 AM
Did anyone else get **cked over with the new raise this year?? I mean how can some deputies who have less than 2 years make more than 3 year deputies????? If you call fiscial they say its an insentive to get your second class????

10-26-2006, 09:06 PM
A second class deputy should make more than a non-second class. It is an incentive to get your ass in gear and take some classes to get that promotion to 2nd class. I never understood why anyone would go for years after they are eligable to get their 2nd and 1st class but refuse to do so. They are just throwing money out the window. Instead of wasting time typing on here about how you don't get paid enough, spend your time looking at when the next 40 hr class is and sign up. It's not that hard.

10-26-2006, 09:12 PM
DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED.......

SO IF WE START OUR APPLICATION PROCESS OVER AGAIN WHILE WE ARE WORKING, QUIT RIGHT BEFORE WE GET HIRED AGAIN, AN START OVER, CAN WE GET THE RAISE THEN......

10-26-2006, 09:19 PM
TO PROMOTED:

YES I HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET MY SECOND CLASS AND THEN MY FIRST CLASS. HOWEVER WHEN THE NEW DEPUTIES GET THEIR SECOND AND THEN FIRST CLASS PROMOTIONS THEY WILL BE AGAIN MAKING MORE MONEY THAN I AM EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE LESS TIME WITH THE AGENCY. THEY WILL START OFF WITH A HIGHER BASE PAY TO MAKE THEIR RAISES OFF OF SO THEY WILL MAKE MORE AS A FIRST CLASS DEPUTY THAN I WILL.

PROMOTED
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.

10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
LEARN TO READ WHAT WAS TYPED!! now go back and read it again. in fact ill explain. read slow... I have been with the agency for about 3 years(got 30 more days until) got that so far? Now i just got that 5% raise and it brough me too about 17.78 now some deputies who got out of the academy after me are making 18.14 an hour. hummmm thats fair!!!! Now getting classes is not that easy if you are on night shift if you work in the jail. but i do have enough hours to make 2nd class now go back to what was typed up above i have 30 more days until i can receive 2nd class. understand????

10-27-2006, 12:05 AM
TO PROMOTED:

YES I HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET MY SECOND CLASS AND THEN MY FIRST CLASS. HOWEVER WHEN THE NEW DEPUTIES GET THEIR SECOND AND THEN FIRST CLASS PROMOTIONS THEY WILL BE AGAIN MAKING MORE MONEY THAN I AM EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE LESS TIME WITH THE AGENCY. THEY WILL START OFF WITH A HIGHER BASE PAY TO MAKE THEIR RAISES OFF OF SO THEY WILL MAKE MORE AS A FIRST CLASS DEPUTY THAN I WILL.

PROMOTED
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH.

LR, YOU ARE A MORON IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET PROMOTED BUT YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO. WILL YOU NOT MAKE MORE MONEY IF YOU GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND TRY TO PASS THE PHYSICAL? YES YOU WILL. STOP LOOKING AT WHAT OTHERS ARE MAKING/DOING AND GET A CLUE. OR GO WORK FOR HOME DEPOT AND MAKE 1/2 WHAT YOU GET NOW FOR TWICE THE AMOUNT OF WORK. YOU ROOKIES CRACK ME UP SOMETIMES.

10-27-2006, 12:46 AM
I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO THAT. YOU PUT ME IN MY PLACE AND AM SORRY FOR QUESTIONING YOUR WISDOM.

IDIOT
YOU MISS THE ENTIRE POINT. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING PROMOTED AND IN TWO MORE YEARS I WILL BE PROMOTED AGAIN. SO DONT TRY TALKING TO ME ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT.

LET ME SPELL IT OUT TO YOU.
IF I MAKE 17.10 AN HOUR AND GET A 5% RAISE EACH YEAR FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS AN I GET BOTH SECOND AND FIRST CLASS PROMOTIONS I WILL END 2010 AT 22.91
THE NEW DEP (17.30) THAT HAS A HIRE DATE IN 2005 GETS THE SAME POTENTIAL RAISES (AND FOR MY GUEST ILL DO THE MATH FOR YOU 2005 TO 2010 IS 5 YEARS AND THEY WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO GET DEP 1ST CLASS) WILL END AT 23.18.
ANY MORE QUESTIONS DIRECT THEM TO ME AND ILL GET THE CHALK BOARD OUT FOR YOU.

10-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Oh i see after the raise: a 1 year deputy makes about .50/hr more than me with about 3 years at non second class pay...that makes sense????

10-27-2006, 01:53 AM
We are off the point..... Why is a less then a year deputy making more then than i am????

10-27-2006, 02:39 AM
well i am glad and disappointed to see that i am not the only one in this situation. it is a bit discouraging to know i could make more money if i quit and got re-hired in a year.
from what i hear that has been the case in this agency for a while now.

10-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Once upon a time this agency had a longevity pay scale but it was trashed for unknown reasons.

With retention suffering and patrol constantly being short I fail to understand why this policy was implemented?

I can remember when FTOs were making less than those they were training. Man talk about hearing the boards squeak when that was going on. Kicks morale square in the ass. At least they trashed the anniversary date/ raise BS.

It remains to be seen if changes will be made in reference to longevity pay. Until then the only way your pay will go up other than the annual and 2nd and 1st class is promotion past 1st class which is a "small" percentage of the grunts.

For the senior deputies 6yrs on there is no incentive. Your annual pay raise is all you will get until retirement unless you promote to Sgt. At least thats the way I understand it.

If this is incorrect and anyone has further on this im all ears.

10-28-2006, 02:07 PM
thats true- i remember yrs ago training an rd that was making more than me while i waited for my aniv. date. that was tough to deal with. The answer that always comes down is that they have had to bump up the starting pay so much to get people here. They dont realize that they are gonne lose experience because not many 7-10 yr deputies are gonna stay making just $3.66 more than a rookie just starting fto- as in my case.

10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
bring it to the OIC committee. but to add to this, why did only civilians with 5 years or more on get the extra 2%? what about certified, why didnt they get it?

10-30-2006, 10:56 PM
The civilians got the longevity raise because for years they have been given the short end of the stick as far as raises are concerned. During the years when certified employees were getting $8,400 raises, civilian employees got a whopping 3%. You don't have to like them, or agree with their job descriptions as compared to law enforcement, but they certainly deserve to get fair raises just like the rest of us. And they don't usually get overtime like certified deputies do.

11-01-2006, 02:08 AM
You couldnt be anymore right civilian deserve more to. Working in the jail ie. the back the cro's are the unsung heros the are watching our back if we need help and cant get the radio they are there. I dont know what else it is like in other divisons but they should be at at least 32,000 a year