PDA

View Full Version : fhp ticketing other agencies

10-24-2006, 02:54 AM
:x could you please stop ticketing/warning other pd. remember we are your closes back up. some of you guys are a disgrace to the badge. it's a brotherhood idiots. some of you redneck idiots should respond to real po calls.

10-24-2006, 04:35 PM
The first letter of the first word that begins a sentence should always be capitalized. :roll:

What is "closes back up"?

10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
WHO CARES? JUST STOP STROKING COPS,LOSERS!
THE POST IS TRYING TO TELL YOU THAT, WHEN YOUR BIG,6FT.TALL,300LBS,BUTT IS IN TROUBLE,IT'S US WHO WILL COME TO YOUR RESCUE,NOT JOE BLOW OR YOUR SUPERVISOR!
LEARN TO LOVE AND RESPECT YOUR ONLY BACK UP,US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAY DIOS MIO,IT'S LIKE TRYING TO TEACH AN OLD DOG A NEW TRICK..
MOST TROOPERS ARE OKAY BUT SOME OF YOU,LAST POST EXAMPLE,ARE COMPLETE MORONS! TRAFFIC,UNLESS IT INVOVES AN ACCIDENT IS AT YOUR DISCRETION SO GET SOME COMMON SENSE,CARAMBA!

10-24-2006, 08:28 PM
What's with all the Spanglish, ese???

10-24-2006, 11:34 PM
JUST WANTED TO GIVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR MOST TROOPERS TO FIND A TRANSLATER AND LEARN A FEW,CLEAN, SPANISH WORDS,HAHA..
NAH,I KNOW THEY DONT CARE TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF THE TRUE,FIRST, NORTH AMERICANS,AFTER THE INDIANS THAT IS,L.O.L.
ST.AUGUSTINE,FIRST SETTLEMENT IN USA,SPAINIARDS,ESE!!!!!!! I HOPE THE TROOPERS UP THERE CAN COMMUNICATE,HAHA
LOVE U GUYS BUT PLEASE,"STOP STROKING US WITH THE PEN"!!!!!!!

10-25-2006, 03:11 AM
BY THE WAY, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT TURNPIKE TROOPER WHO'S LAST NAME BEGINS WITH A "T" (TRAZEU OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)? TALK ABOUT NO DISCRETION TOWARDS POLICE OFFICERS. I HEARD HE EVEN WROTE AN FHP DISPATCHER. HE WROTE ME ONE OF THOSE STUPID WARNINGS. I FELT LIKE CRUMBLING IT UP AND THROWING IT AT THE BACK OF HIS THICK HEAD AS HE WALKED AWAY, BUT THEN HE'D PROBABLY WRITE ME ANOTHER WARNING FOR LITTERING. HE DEFINATELY NEEEDS TO REMEMBER THAT WE ARE THE ONE'S THAT ARE GOING TO BACK HIM UP AS WELL AS STOP TO ASSIST HIM WHEN HE'S GETTING HIS HEAD KICKED IN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. SOMEONE TALK SOME SENSE INTO THIS MORON.

10-25-2006, 03:40 AM
BY THE WAY, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT TURNPIKE TROOPER WHO'S LAST NAME BEGINS WITH A "T" (TRAZEU OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)? TALK ABOUT NO DISCRETION TOWARDS POLICE OFFICERS. I HEARD HE EVEN WROTE AN FHP DISPATCHER. HE WROTE ME ONE OF THOSE STUPID WARNINGS. I FELT LIKE CRUMBLING IT UP AND THROWING IT AT THE BACK OF HIS THICK HEAD AS HE WALKED AWAY, BUT THEN HE'D PROBABLY WRITE ME ANOTHER WARNING FOR LITTERING. HE DEFINATELY NEEEDS TO REMEMBER THAT WE ARE THE ONE'S THAT ARE GOING TO BACK HIM UP AS WELL AS STOP TO ASSIST HIM WHEN HE'S GETTING HIS HEAD KICKED IN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. SOMEONE TALK SOME SENSE INTO THIS MORON.

You got a written warning. Lighten up and be thankful.

CAP
10-25-2006, 04:17 AM
The topic is always the same on FHP board, they are writing fellow officers...

10-25-2006, 04:40 AM
An FHP trooper wrote my wife a citation for traveling 67 mph in a 55...She was polite & respectful towards him.. When she mentioned that her husband was a L.E.O., his response was, "Yea, I know, I saw the FOP emblem on your tag. Tell your husband that you need to slow down & that I gave you a break. I'm not writing you for the tag being obstructed by the emblem. You need to remove that thing." Thank-you Trooper!

10-25-2006, 05:12 AM
JUST WANTED TO GIVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR MOST TROOPERS TO FIND A TRANSLATER AND LEARN A FEW,CLEAN, SPANISH WORDS,HAHA..
NAH,I KNOW THEY DONT CARE TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF THE TRUE,FIRST, NORTH AMERICANS,AFTER THE INDIANS THAT IS,L.O.L.
ST.AUGUSTINE,FIRST SETTLEMENT IN USA,SPAINIARDS,ESE!!!!!!! I HOPE THE TROOPERS UP THERE CAN COMMUNICATE,HAHA
LOVE U GUYS BUT PLEASE,"STOP STROKING US WITH THE PEN"!!!!!!!

Ahhh....it looks like one of the racist South Florida rats is lurking on our forum. What is your department's motto?? Oh yeah, I remember........."White males need not apply."

10-25-2006, 05:22 PM
PERDON SENOR,PERO NOSOTROS SOMOS BLANCO SO HOW CAN WE BE RACIST? YOU ARE SO BIGOTED THAT ARE BLIND TO THE TRUTH!
I WAS TRYING TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH THE GUY WHO SAID,ESE BUT OF COURSE,NOT KNOWING THE LANGUAGE,YOU GO FOR RACIST DEFENSE,HAHA. LISTEN CHICO,YOU DO KNOW THAT ONE FROM T.V.,RIGHT? ALMOST ALL SOUTH FLA. LARGE DEPTS. ARE RUN BY WHITE,NON SPANISH SPEAKERS AND BLACK CHIEFS SO GET IT RIGHT!
M.P.D. IS RUN BY AN IRISH DRUNK BUT HE SPEAKS SPANISH! ITS ONLY IN REDNECK F.H.P. WHERE FEW TRY TO LEARN ANYTHING OTHER THAN,ITS MY ROAD,BOY! UALL DONT COME BACK HERE,U HEAR?,L.O.L.
GROW UP,LEARN ANOTHER LANGUAGE AND STOP HATING US FOR BEING BILINGUAL AND TAKING YOUR WOMEN!ALL OF THE SPANISH PEOPLE OF THE WORLD SPEAK AT LEAST 2 LANGUAGES! ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA DO WE HAVE SUCH DUMB PEOPLE WHO ARE SCARED TO LEARN ANOTHER LANGUAGE.IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE SPANISH BUT COUNTRY DOESNT COUNT,WELL,U SHOULD LEARN PROPER ENGLISH FIRST,HAHA!

OKAY BACK TO YOUR DUMB BEHIND,"STOP STROKING COPS WITH THE PEN,U IDIOTS OR WE WILL DO THE SAME AND IT WILL HURT U BAD! U WONT BE ABLE TO BUY MOONSHINE AND TAKE DATE TO MOMMAS DINER FOR A MONTH,L.O.L.
LOVE U GUYS AND THIS SITE. NO BETTER ENTERTAINMENT AND U WANT TO KNOW WHY U R DISLIKED,DIOS MIO!!!

10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA DO WE HAVE SUCH DUMB PEOPLE WHO ARE SCARED TO LEARN ANOTHER LANGUAGE

I take it you're referring to all the hispanics in S. Fla who refuse to learn English? You might deny it all day long, but the number of Spanish speaking citizens there who know ZERO English is much more prevalent than you may lead others to believe. I know this from experience!

10-25-2006, 07:30 PM
I would have told the Trooper thanks a hole. Don't you know that the pba/fop emblems are protected by F.S.S

10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
YOU GUYS ARE MISSING THE BOAT, NO PUN INTENDED,STOP WRITING COPS TIXS YOU DUMB HILLBILLY!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE HISPANICS IN SOUTH FLA. AT LEAST THE LATIN COPS DONT WRITE US TIXS!! I MIGHT BE A DUMB GRINGO BUT ILL TAKE A LATIN COP,WHO GETS IT,OVER ONE OF MY OWN,WHO DOESNT! YOU ALL ARE MAKING US LOOK LIKE FOOLS,STOP WRITING COPS!
Y YO SI HABLA ESPANOL,ITS NOT HARD WHEN YOU CARE ABOUT FOLKS WHERE YOU WORK! WHAT THE HECK IS RIGHT,YOU ARE A BIGOT! HOPE IT DOESNT TAKE ONE OF THEM TO SAVE YOUR BUTT,LIKE HAS HAPPENED TO ME IN BROWARD, BEFORE YOU CHANGE YOUR HEART!
LEARN TO LOVE YOUR BROTHERS!
BTW,I HAVE TRAVELED ALL OVER EUROPE AND SOUTH AMERICA AND EVERYBODY SPEAKS MORE THAN 2 LANGUAGES!!! EVEN THE INDIANS SPEAK THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE,SPANISH AND ENGLISH OR PORTUGESE,ETC!

10-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Well no shit....of COURSE people in other countries have to learn two languages, simply out of NECESSITY!!! English is the language of the world. It's the language of international trade and commerce. It's the language of the FAA and is spoken over the airwaves in any country that has an airport. Why in the world should I be forced to learn a language in a country that already speaks the international language??

Do you think people in a turd world country in Africa could survive in an international market by knowing only a tribal language like Swahili? Of course not. I can survive anywhere in the world by knowing English, and that's what I will continue to speak 8)

It sure is great to be on top.

10-25-2006, 10:19 PM
THE ONLY THING YOU ARE ON TOP OFF IS YOUR MULE,HAHA!
GET REAL BOB. YOU COULDNT SURVIVE IN MANY PLACES IN THIS WORLD CAUSE U ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH! GO TO GERMANY OR FRANCE AND SEE HOW THEY TREAT YOU,L.O.L.
STOP HATING HISPANICS AND PICKING ON US CAUSE WE HAVE SOUTH FLA. TAGS,BIGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!
I DONT SEE OR HEAR U GUYS WRITING GRINGO COPS BUT BOY DO YOU LOVE TO WRITE SUCCESSFUL BLACK AND HISPANIC COPS!
U GUYS SUCK AND ALWAYS WILL CAUSE YOU HATE THE EDUCATED,TOLERANT AND AFFLUENT MINORITY COPS WHILE U R EATING AT EMMAS CAFE!! DONT HATE,EDUCATE!!

10-26-2006, 12:27 AM
What F.S.S. is that?

10-26-2006, 12:48 AM
I would have told the Trooper thanks a hole. Don't you know that the pba/fop emblems are protected by F.S.S

What F.S.S. is that in regards to the FOP/PBA emblems being protected?

10-28-2006, 03:13 AM
I do believe it stands for Florida State Statutes. Not for sure. But just my opinion, if you don't want the ticket, don't speed. I am not LEO, but if I were and speeding, I deserve the ticket, and they sure as H*LL would write me.

10-28-2006, 04:47 AM
Jeez,
We know the civilians don't like us and they read (and write here), so now you Einsteins talk smack about each other on a public forum and a wrecker drivers wife has to point out where the smelly part is. For Christ sake knock it off, you guys are an embarrassment to all of us.................

Go on, get over yourselves!!!

I haven't in 28 years and never will write a COP or a doctor or a nurse for that matter, I allways figured that the odds were in my favor that at one time or another I would find myself getting the tar beat out of me on the side of the road or be on a stretcher in need of one or all of them at any given moment in my career, so far its worked out. No matter how bad I needed the activity (ticket for the dense ones) stroking another COP or medical profesional just was not an option.

And for those who think they have some sort of devine pass because they are a COP just think of all the times you have gotten away with it without getting caught and/or stroked!!! If anything it might teach one or two of you some humility when you have to stroke the next civilian that is making minimum wage...................

By the way, so what if the guy wrote/writes you a warning or mechanical card, you got a walk (what you wanted) and he or she got the activity they needed for the daily sheet to keep the supervisor off their butts!!! I wish more agencies had written warnings, my own included.

Lets not forget we all came from the same gene pool (well most of us did). I can remember being in the accademy and thinking to myself that guy is gonna be an idiot when he hits the street, his own mother won't be safe. I am absolutely sure that everyone remembers that guy in their class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well these are those guys, don't beat everybody up on account of a couple of buffoons.............................

Trust me, we all cringe when another LEO walks up and starts the conversation with "Do you know Trooper or Officer So and So?" name.............................................. ...

10-28-2006, 05:06 AM
I do believe it stands for Florida State Statutes. Not for sure. But just my opinion, if you don't want the ticket, don't speed. I am not LEO, but if I were and speeding, I deserve the ticket, and they sure as H*LL would write me.

IF YOU'RE NOT AN LEO, WHY DON'T YOU KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF, GO BUY SOMETHING ON EBAY AND LET US DEAL WITH OUR ISSUES. THERE'S NO REASON FOR YOU TO BE GIVING YOUR UNWANTED OPINION ON THIS WEBSITE MS. CITIZEN. WHY DON'T YOU GO AROUND AND ILLEGALLY TOW SOME CARS WITH YOUR HUSBAND?

10-28-2006, 01:31 PM
FOR ONE I DONT ILLEGALLY TOW CARS. I STAY WITH IN THE LAWS LIKE ALL CITIZENS SHOULD. I WOULD HELP ANY L.E.O IF THEY NEED IT AND IF YOU TALK TO MOST F.H.P. OFFICERS THAT KNOW ME WOULD TELL YOU THAT. BUT THE LAWS ARE THE LAWS JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BADGE DONT MEAN YOU ARE EXEMPT FROM THEM. YOU ARE TO HOLD THE LAWS UP TO A HIGHER STANDARD,SO THERE. OH BY THE WAY YOU ARE PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE OFFICERS THAT I SEE RUNNING DOWN THE HIGHWAYS AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED GOING TO THE DONUT SHOP.OH, GOOD JOB TO THE F.H.P. OFFICER THAT IS DOING HIS JOB AND ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE STOOD UP TO THESE LAW BREAKERS. AND BY THE WAY THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM JUST TO LET YOU KNOW SINCE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU CANT READ EITHER. REMEMBER OPINIONS ARE LIKE A$$HOLES, EVERYONE HAS ONE SOME JUST STINK MORE THAN OTHERS

10-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Why do so many dipshits in this forum feel the need to type in ALL****INGCAPS??!!!

10-28-2006, 07:55 PM
I personally don't write LEO, Military,EMT/FD employee, Tow truck drivers as well as MD and RN's. I depend on all of the above people. Today in Lee County we laid to rest a sister, who gave her life for the job that she loved. In Polk Co we laid to rest a brother. We need each other. As for the 10-70 drivers. I depend on them getting to my signal 4 in a quick and timely manner. Therefore I give them a break. Bottom line give public servants a break. Hell give that 33 yr old with two kids and a wife alone. He got a 1300 a month mortgage payment. Remember we have discretion. If you want some tickets for stats, just roll down you window and listen for that altered exhaust from that 1990 civic hatchback. That is annoying man.

10-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Therefore I give them a break. Bottom line give public servants a break. Hell give that 33 yr old with two kids and a wife alone. He got a 1300 a month mortgage payment. Remember we have discretion. If you want some tickets for stats, just roll down you window and listen for that altered exhaust from that 1990 civic hatchback. That is annoying man.

So basically, you're saying those who receive tickets must fit into a certain "profile"??? Profile....... :?

10-28-2006, 11:16 PM
[quote="city officer":2lk0mx44] Therefore I give them a break. Bottom line give public servants a break. Hell give that 33 yr old with two kids and a wife alone. He got a 1300 a month mortgage payment. Remember we have discretion. If you want some tickets for stats, just roll down you window and listen for that altered exhaust from that 1990 civic hatchback. That is annoying man.

So basically, you're saying those who receive tickets must fit into a certain "profile"??? Profile....... :?[/quote:2lk0mx44]

That's right, and I'll write that Civic EVERY TIME. You know what the profile is? MORONS. That's what it is.

11-02-2006, 01:56 AM
I am glad we dont have that problem here in Charlotte County. I have to say that the people from FHP that work in our county are pretty decent and I will get their back anytime they need it, no questions asked.

12-03-2006, 01:08 AM
I haven't in 28 years and never will write a COP or a doctor or a nurse for that matter, I allways figured that the odds were in my favor that at one time or another I would find myself getting the tar beat out of me on the side of the road or be on a stretcher in need of one or all of them at any given moment in my career, so far its worked out. No matter how bad I needed the activity (ticket for the dense ones) stroking another COP or medical profesional just was not an option.

I'd have to say if you were on the side of the road getting the Tar beat out of you, The first one i believe would come to your rescue would be a Professional Truck Driver. we are out here as much & more as you guys and i can say alot of time we come barreling into a little town and see you and start to slow up, alot of times you let us go on and cut us a break as well and i believe you know the drivers would be there to back you up if we saw someone getting the upper hand on you all too. keep up the good work guys.

12-06-2006, 03:41 AM
THE ONLY THING YOU ARE ON TOP OFF IS YOUR MULE,HAHA!
GET REAL BOB. YOU COULDNT SURVIVE IN MANY PLACES IN THIS WORLD CAUSE U ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH! GO TO GERMANY OR FRANCE AND SEE HOW THEY TREAT YOU,L.O.L.
STOP HATING HISPANICS AND PICKING ON US CAUSE WE HAVE SOUTH FLA. TAGS,BIGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!
I DONT SEE OR HEAR U GUYS WRITING GRINGO COPS BUT BOY DO YOU LOVE TO WRITE SUCCESSFUL BLACK AND HISPANIC COPS!
U GUYS SUCK AND ALWAYS WILL CAUSE YOU HATE THE EDUCATED,TOLERANT AND AFFLUENT MINORITY COPS WHILE U R EATING AT EMMAS CAFE!! DONT HATE,EDUCATE!!

Hey to the on the top jerk off, I'm white and I got stroked too. Most of them are good guys but the jerk offs that write LEO's don't write them bacuse of their color they write them because they are idiots. Man if your going to jump on a topic don't go crying that stupid race card sh#@.

Yours Truly

Al Sharpton

12-09-2006, 03:51 AM
I wrote one cop a ticket in my 7 years, only because he told me i was NOT going to write him a ticket because he was a TPD Sgt. His attitude was very poor and he tried embarrassing me in front of not only his family, but people that were around us. When I asked for a license he gave me his badge. I told him that if he did not give me his driver's license as asked he was going to jail for not only resisting for but impersonating a LEO. When he stated why, I advised him he told me he was a TPD sgt, not a RETIRED tpd sgt. Granted I got the driver's license and he got the ticket based only on his attitude.

But as for the 20+ or so officers, deputies, and troopers I've stopped, I let them on their way. I have met few TPD officers and I will say on record, the attitude of their retired sgt does not reflect the agency nor department. He was contacted by not only my Sgt, but my Sheriff and his Chief after he tried filing a complaint against me.

12-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Troopers should not stroke LEO's period, unless it is a blatant crime. (i.e. DUI) Even though we would always back them up if they ever needed it, most @$$h0le troopers never even get involved in "real" police work anyways. So we wouldn't have to worry about them getting their asses kicked.

12-15-2006, 04:33 AM
Troopers should not stroke LEO's period, unless it is a blatant crime. (i.e. DUI) Even though we would always back them up if they ever needed it, most @$$h0le troopers never even get involved in "real" police work anyways. So we wouldn't have to worry about them getting their asses kicked.

Even after a long shift of barking dogs and loud noise calls, you still have the time to try and stir it up on this website. Either re-apply with FHP or let it go and be happy where your at. Either way, get a life a##hole and go ***** on your own website.

12-20-2006, 04:03 AM
I came on the FHP post looking for Trooper Dan Peterson and stumbled on the present posts. I have worked for HCSO for 25 years and I have had a wonderful relationship with my fellow FHP Troopers. Over the 25 years I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with most Troopers in Hillsborough County. I have been pulled over several times because I was speeding and was afforded professional treatment. I was cited one time and warnings the other two times and I appreciated the consideration. I appreciate your hard work and dedication especially patrolling the Interstate corridors by yourself. Only a handful of young of disgruntled Deputies feel this way about FHP. The rest really do appreciate your brotherhood. Don't dispair, we will always be behind you when you need us. Be Safe

12-20-2006, 05:34 AM
I work for Tampa P.D. and have always had a good relationship with FHP. I can think of 10 instances off the top of my head of TPD officers who have been stopped for speeding while on surveillance or in a 1-car accident, and were very vocal about the professional courtesy with which they were treated by FHP(this is not just in Tampa, but on Alligator Alley as well). Sure there are a few who exercise the power instead of discretion, but the far vast majority afford professional courtesy when there's no crime involved. I think we all have people like that at our agencies, so give FHP a break. They work hard for a lot less pay than the rest of us.

12-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Just want to say kudos to your Tpr. Transue. You rule. This guy is the role model for Law Enforcement Officers. He believes in what he does, he cares and most importantly, he has more honesty, integrity and sense of duty then all of you posters on here. He will write you a citation. Especially if you deserve it. I am amazed that he gave the one officer a break. You should be thankful. Tpr. Transue is consistent in what he does, he does not usually give a break to anyone other than maybe an officer. Not like most of you, who will let a good looking girl in a short skirt go or your city commissioner or mayor. He treats them all the same. I am a supervisor in the same agency and he has written not only my mother a citation but my brother twice. Believe me ,when I know he is out, I drive within the speed limit. I would not expect a break, because I understand his commitment and cosistency. Now if he gave breaks to the average joe blow, or pretty girl then, hell I would be pissed off if he wrote me or my family. If his beliefs are that he is truely making the roads safer and saving lives and treats everyone equally then, I have to say keep up the good work. I don't write other officer's or their family members Usually. I will write family iif they are totally out of control 30+ over. My family is on the road too and their safety means alot to me.
If you breaking the law, the only respectable thing to do is expect that you will be treated like anyone else on the road. If you get a break, cherish it, you know you probably deserve at least 10 tickets a year for how poorly you drive. Also next time you come to my house cause my music is too loud. Don't threaten to take me to jail it never killed anyone. Can't let this go, to the Miami P.D. guy, man you and your agency are the last ones that should comment on any agency, anywhere, anytime. Lets not go into the past and present of that fine establishment. We all have good and bad officer. Some better than others and some worse. Its hard to knock someone that truly believes they are doing the right thing and they do it evenly and fairly. You should try it.

12-21-2006, 02:33 AM
get off the site troll

01-04-2007, 09:04 AM
:shock: I just wanted to say that I was pulled over in Lee county by a very nasty trooper who had a very bad attitude i was traveling sb on i75 when they stopped me and 8 other people who were moving with the flow of traffic he said we were doing 83 in a 70. Granted i know we all were probably doing a lil over the speed limit, i had just got off work and was headed to miami and i apologized to him and told him if i was speeding i was sorry. I advised him that i was law enforcement and show my credentials and he said thats not gonna help you here. At that point i was pissed,then to top it off he writes me a ticket and sits there telling how i can handle the citation......no for the longest time i had a true dislike for troopers and i would pray that i pull one over for payback..but you know i had to b the bigger man about it..cause he was a older guy about retirement age so i know he wasnt happy with his job just how he looked and his attitude..to end this we all are brothers any way you look at it, i believe if someone is being a jerk to you and they are leo's then write em...but if u have that chance to cut a break then do so...cause with all the attachments i read about state not paying troopers enough money just think if a local hit you with a 185$ ticket it would hurt....but since then ive gotten over it and still to this day trooper or not no tickets r coming from me or their families.

01-04-2007, 01:22 PM
:shock: I just wanted to say that I was pulled over in Lee county by a very nasty trooper who had a very bad attitude i was traveling sb on i75 when they stopped me and 8 other people who were moving with the flow of traffic he said we were doing 83 in a 70. Granted i know we all were probably doing a lil over the speed limit, i had just got off work and was headed to miami and i apologized to him and told him if i was speeding i was sorry. I advised him that i was law enforcement and show my credentials and he said thats not gonna help you here. At that point i was pissed,then to top it off he writes me a ticket and sits there telling how i can handle the citation......no for the longest time i had a true dislike for troopers and i would pray that i pull one over for payback..but you know i had to b the bigger man about it..cause he was a older guy about retirement age so i know he wasnt happy with his job just how he looked and his attitude..to end this we all are brothers any way you look at it, i believe if someone is being a jerk to you and they are leo's then write em...but if u have that chance to cut a break then do so...cause with all the attachments i read about state not paying troopers enough money just think if a local hit you with a 185$ ticket it would hurt....but since then ive gotten over it and still to this day trooper or not no tickets r coming from me or their families.

But it's just a small faction of Troopers that are guilty of this self righteous behavior. Yeah right. SCUMBAGS with a capital S.

01-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Well what do you expect they are one of the lowest paid leo’s in Florida. I know that one of those ****** gave a ticket to a buddy of mine that was just graduating from the academy and at the time was still in academy uniform. I guess since that’s about the only thing they can really do; ticketing everybody including leo’s is all in a day’s work. I can’t wait to stop one of these brownies on my city. I hope that he feds up that he is a trooper so I can come back with a huge smile and explain to him how to pay for the ticket.

01-07-2007, 05:46 AM
The day has finally come I got me a little boy in brown @ 22 over. I hate to admit it but it feel's very, very good to bag one of these a-ss holes for a change. Now they can take that back to all their bud's in squad meeting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-08-2007, 02:46 AM
The day has finally come I got me a little boy in brown @ 22 over. I hate to admit it but it feel's very, very good to bag one of these a-ss holes for a change. Now they can take that back to all their bud's in squad meeting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A true professional LEO would never put himself in a position to be stopped by another LEO out of respect alone, and would be too embarrased to show a badge and expect a right of passage after that officer had to chase you down. True respect to a fellow officer is not to have him waste his time on you. This applies to all agencies and all officers.

01-09-2007, 12:31 AM
"Trooper" Please give us a break!!! With all af your righteousness about a true professional and all that bull crap!! Cops should not write other cops, PERIOD!!!!

01-09-2007, 12:33 AM
"Trooper" Please give us a break!!! With all af your righteousness about a true professional and all that bull crap!! Cops should not write other cops, PERIOD!!!!

01-09-2007, 04:50 AM

If you practiced what I wrote you wouldnt be on this website bashing a trooper that wrote you or a fellow officer a ticket would you. Ive been a trooper for almost 19 years and I dont haul arse anywhere because I dont want to bust the balls of the guy patrolling the hard road and I dont want to get my balls busted in the process. Call it what you want but its respect, it works both ways.

01-09-2007, 05:22 AM

If you practiced what I wrote you wouldnt be on this website bashing a trooper that wrote you or a fellow officer a ticket would you. Ive been a trooper for almost 19 years and I dont haul arse anywhere because I dont want to bust the balls of the guy patrolling the hard road and I dont want to get my balls busted in the process. Call it what you want but its respect, it works both ways.

Amen--well said.

01-09-2007, 09:59 PM
ALL TROOPERS,PLEASE STOP THE PAIN/BLEEDING! NO MORE TIXS TO COPS,PERIOD! GOT IT?THANK U AND REMEMBER,WHEN YOUR A.. IS ON THE LINE,ONLY A COP WILL RISK HIS FOR U,DUMBA..ES!
STOP THE RHETORIC AND JUST SAY NO TO TICKETING COPS!

01-09-2007, 11:58 PM
I say AMEN to you brother in blue ( Not tan and brown)

01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Remember USE Discretion. don't be animals, we are all on the same TEAM>>>>>>>>>

01-10-2007, 11:34 PM
I WORK IN MIAMI AS A STATE TROOPER. I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN ANOTHER P.O A TICKET OR EVEN QUESTIONED ANYTHING WHEN I SEE A BADGE (ANY DEPARTMENT INCLUDING FIRE DEPT)

MY BROTHERS ARE IN OTHER AGENCIES INCLUDING MIAMI-DADE P.D AND WE ALL TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER.

I CANNOT SPEAK FOR OTHER TROOPERS IN F.H.P HOWEVER I AM CERTAIN THAT I WILL ALWAYS HONOR ALL OF MY FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS BEHIND THE UNIFORM.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER A HOLES TO GET OUT THERE SO I ALWAYS SAY....POLICE BROTHERHOOD ALL THE WAY! ! ! !

01-11-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm an officer and I have met Trooper Transue, I got to a crash before him at the toll at SW120 st, where the car was up on the hill and covered with mud. I went up there and got the vehicle info, the vin and stuff, and came back down and he got there just a second or two later. I gave him the info and spoke with him very breifly, wished him well and left. I saw him again about 9 months later, he pulled me over on the turnpike and asked for my license, as I reached for it he said:"wait, I know you" He reminded me of whre I had seen him and told me to be careful, he did not lecture, just said to slow down. Once another trooper told me that he writes your name down in his notebook (whippit) and when he has your name 3 times you get a ticket. I don't know if it is true and I don't care. He was kind to me I think, in part, becasue I had been kind to him once. I don't like cops writing cops but I don't like it when a cop blows by me doing 30 over the limit either, why put someone in that position.
I worked with Armando Bello and I really liked the guy, helped train him. When that trooper Burgos wrote him I wanted to kill him, but Burgos is a special case, he is just an unhappy idiot all the time, why waste the thought. But, we as a community, and that is what we are, should not be citing each other, not giving lectures on the side of the road, not making a trooper or a county guy chase us down, to discover we are cops too.
You see the civilian mentality and you see ours. It has to start somewhere, this new shared respect, you see a cop, slow down to something less obnoxious, when you get pulled over be respectful, treat the officer that pulled you over the way you would want to be treated, remember your verbal judo. When you discover the guy you pulled over is a cop, return the ID, the Dl the Badge and say: take care, be safe and let it go. Thanks for the soapbox

01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
yeah whats up with fhp seems like they have all forgotten we all reside on the same blue line. Seems to me they should start getting a taste of their own medicine but we are the true dep's of this county and we know where our fellow men and women are the ones who would lay it down for us. lets face it an actual SO wouldn't take them but FHP hires any one guess these losers have something to prove cause they can catch a speeder, lets see them handle their a@@ on a real call, oh wait yeah they would probably call us is for help what was i thinking. Yeah i found out the hard way, on my way home from work in the early A.M. just finished my work out so i was in civilian attire got pulled over for speeding. Tpr goswick approaches and as i'm pulling my id from my uniform pocket holds his flashlight in my face like a criminal doesn't acknowledge the fact that i'm a dep just strokes 2 citations one being for my window tint being too dark r u kidding me. While wasting time on stroking my meaningless citations an actual law breaker just skated home!!!!!!! WAY TO GO FHP, FIGHT CRIME ONE DEP AT A TIME.

01-25-2007, 01:00 AM
beating this dead horse on this web site give the public ammo of why to hate us even more. mabe if we drove like we teach the public then fhp will not have to bust your b..., if you spoke to the trooper like you posted here then i guess you had it comming, please think before you post, the public reads this and i belive post a lot of the comments to keep us looking like idiots bickering back and forth. i do not work for fhp but a green and white dept, but i would do what ever it took to help them or you. the thin blue line is there even when you cross it, (not saying you personally) but anyone of us, let it go and move on. you curse this trooper now, would you cry at his funeral latter? if so why because everyone else is or because you just lost a brother? just a thought

01-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Most troopers are obviously good eggs, but it's the idiot eggs that gives everybody a bad rap. There are a few (and I mean very few) troopers who are royal certified bonifide idiots. They believe that if they catch an officer speeding 9 mph over the speed limit, then they have captured the crime of the century and it's their "duty" to lecture the offending off-duty officer.

I've met a lot of good troopers and am friends with some troopers, but I also know who the idiot troopers are. For my area, there is one (1) idiot trooper, but his conduct makes everybody look bad, simply because he's wearing a troopers uniform. We have to be able to learn that one idiot is not a reflection of the entire troop. The uniforms may be the same, but the people in them are not.

01-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Most troopers are obviously good eggs, but it's the idiot eggs that gives everybody a bad rap. There are a few (and I mean very few) troopers who are royal certified bonifide idiots. They believe that if they catch an officer speeding 9 mph over the speed limit, then they have captured the crime of the century and it's their "duty" to lecture the offending off-duty officer.

I've met a lot of good troopers and am friends with some troopers, but I also know who the idiot troopers are. For my area, there is one (1) idiot trooper, but his conduct makes everybody look bad, simply because he's wearing a troopers uniform. We have to be able to learn that one idiot is not a reflection of the entire troop. The uniforms may be the same, but the people in them are not.

01-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I def. agree with that i have also met several, i don't plan on letting my aggravation towards one reflect on everyone in the county. i am a professional in all aspects of the word, just a little upset at this point and completely shocked at the bickering going on between the different departments this is my first time on this website wow.....!!

01-25-2007, 04:48 PM

Yeah I have 17 years in as a Deputy Sheriff and I just dont get it. Why would you write a brother officer.. If I can repay them a small perc of profesion courtesty for putting their life on the line everyday. The I will do so. It doesnt make sense. its only a trafic infraction how can you get so hung on something so minute. There is sooo much more in police work to do. It just doesnt make sense. Get in your car and find someone else. Its really not that complicated.

01-25-2007, 04:50 PM
I WORK IN MIAMI AS A STATE TROOPER. I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN ANOTHER P.O A TICKET OR EVEN QUESTIONED ANYTHING WHEN I SEE A BADGE (ANY DEPARTMENT INCLUDING FIRE DEPT)

MY BROTHERS ARE IN OTHER AGENCIES INCLUDING MIAMI-DADE P.D AND WE ALL TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER.

I CANNOT SPEAK FOR OTHER TROOPERS IN F.H.P HOWEVER I AM CERTAIN THAT I WILL ALWAYS HONOR ALL OF MY FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS BEHIND THE UNIFORM.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER A HOLES TO GET OUT THERE SO I ALWAYS SAY....POLICE BROTHERHOOD ALL THE WAY! ! ! !

Awesome post Trooper, Thats the way it should be. Be safe--Sarasota Deputy Sheriff

Deputy Don T. Care
01-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Sweet baby Geebus! I haven't been to this forum in over a year, and it's still the same old crap. Professional courtesy is not "automatic". It's a rare occasion when I don't extend it though. I've been cited by an FHP Sergeant in Orlando, although it was years ago, when they had the cheap seatbelt ticket. I try to conduct myself in a manner which doesn't require a traffic stop. My wife was also given the full boat citation for speeding. She was also advised to remove the obstruction from the plate (PBA Shield). Regardless, the S.O. has a good working relationship with the FHP. Several of the hardcore "cite everyone" troopers have retired, and peace has been restored.

01-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Is freshwater fish still considered seafood?

trooper2143
01-31-2007, 02:01 AM
this is for the person that wrote **** fhp on 10/26/06. I'm not sure what that was for. I have been in law enforcement since 1994. I served with the airforce as a cop, with a north florida sheriff's office, and now I am with the FHP. I agree that each agency has officers that do questionable things, however I do not believe that we should all be placed in the same boat just because you have had a bad experience with one or 2 troopers. I have never written a ticket to an LEO or any other public service career field and I never will. I will say this, for other departments to sit here and critisize the FHP for the job that we do I think is completely wrong. The troopers that i work with are some of the finest officers I have Ever met and every officer that I know from other departments are outstanding officers. I would go to bat for anyone of them, but I have pulled over officers who were doing stupid things that would normally get them in trouble.

02-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Why complain about a Trooper giving you a warning?????Be HAPPY he gave you a warning!!!!!!!!

02-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Half of the comments on here are FHP ticketing wives. Well the wives have no right to go around breaking the law and thinking they can use their husband to get out of things. Every one Ive stopped, throws that out there real rude!!!!!!!!!!!!! They think their crap dont stink and they can do what they want and get out of it.

Well as they see, They ARE WRONG

02-05-2007, 02:23 AM
I AM A COUNTY DEPUTY AND WANTED TO RELAY AN EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH A TROOPER(AND HIS TRAINEE). I HAVE 10 YRS ON MY JOB, AND WAS RIDING MOTORCYCLES WITH MY FATHER WHO DID 20 YRS AS A PATROLMAN. MY FATHER WAS RIDING AHEAD OF ME AND GOT PULLED OVER FOR WHAT I GUESSED AT THE TIME WAS SPEEDING. WE WERE DOING 55 IN A 45. I PULLED OVER ABOUT 15 FT BEHIND THEM. I GOT OFF MY BIKE AND THE TROOPER TURNED TO ME WITH HIS HAND ON HIS GUN AND SHOUTED 'NOONE TOLD YOU TO GET OF YOUR BIKE HOT SHOT'. I THOUGHT I WAS ON CANDID F-IN CAMERA! I TOLD HIS I WAS A DEPUTY AND HE COULD RELAX. HE PROCEEDED TO BEGIN THE PROCESS TO RIGHT HIS CITATION WHEN MY FATHER SPOKE UP AND TOLD HIM HE WAS RETIRED COP. THE TROOPER LAUGHED AND SAID YEAH, WE GET A LOT OF YOU RETIRED GUYS FROM UP NORTH AROUND HERE. HE CONTINUED WITH THE TICKET. MY FATHER SAID " YOUR STILL WRITING ME, I WAS A COP AND MY SON YOU ALMOST DREW DOWN ON IS A DEPUTY" TROOPER LAUGHED AND SAID "THATS THE BREAKS, SIR" THE OLD MAN GOT HEATED AND TOLD HIM HE WAS A ***** AND HOPED SOME DRUNK KICKED HIS ASS ALL OVER THE INTERSTATE ONE DAY. I GAVE HIM MY 2 CENTS ALSO BUT HE LAUGHED AND GAVE HIM THE TICKET ANYWAY. I REALIZE WE WERE SPEEDING BUT GIVE ME A BREAK! I HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER SINCE BY OTHER TROOPERS WHO WERE COOL ABOUT IT AND GAVE ME A WARNING. THIS JOHN WAYNE SHMUCK IS GONNA GET HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM ONE DAY , AND HE'LL PROBABLY DESERVE IT.

02-05-2007, 05:11 AM
If you don't mind my asking, where was this incident? We have had similar incidents in Florida recently.

Thanks

02-05-2007, 11:58 PM
THAT INCIDENT TOOK PLACE IN PASCO, S.R. 52 NEAR THE VETERANS.

02-06-2007, 03:44 AM
Next time call their sgt. and end this crap. The station is right there.

02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
What a **** head. Please post his name............................

02-07-2007, 04:55 PM
IM A STATE TROOPER IN MIAMI AND I WILL NEVER AND HAVE NEVER WRITTEN ANOTHER P.O OR THERE FAMILY MEMBERS.

IN FACT, THE SECOND I SEE A BADGE I JUST SALUTE AND WALK AWAY WITH A GOOD HANDSHAKE.

I THINK A GOOD NUMBER OF MY COLLEGUES NEED TO REALIZE THAT DESPITE OUR DIFFERENT UNIFORMS, WE ALL SHARE ONE MISSION. TOO MANY FHP TROOPERS ARE TOO ARROGANT AND DONT STOP TO THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT WE ALL HAVE A BROTHERHOOD THAT WE MUST MAINTAIN IN GOOD STANDING.

02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
IM A STATE TROOPER IN MIAMI AND I WILL NEVER AND HAVE NEVER WRITTEN ANOTHER P.O OR THERE FAMILY MEMBERS.

IN FACT, THE SECOND I SEE A BADGE I JUST SALUTE AND WALK AWAY WITH A GOOD HANDSHAKE.

I THINK A GOOD NUMBER OF MY COLLEGUES NEED TO REALIZE THAT DESPITE OUR DIFFERENT UNIFORMS, WE ALL SHARE ONE MISSION. TOO MANY FHP TROOPERS ARE TOO ARROGANT AND DONT STOP TO THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT WE ALL HAVE A BROTHERHOOD THAT WE MUST MAINTAIN IN GOOD STANDING.

The problem is some troopers think they are the ultimate crime fighters. They need to wake the F$#& up and realize they enforce traffic laws for Christ's sake. 55 in a 45mph is not a serious infraction. Now maybe if you were doing 100 in a 45 I would give you a good firm talking, but 10mph over is just insane.

02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
MOST OF THE TROOPERS I HAVE DEALT WITH ARE GOOD GUYS WHO HONOR A PROFESSIONAL COURTESY WHENEVER THEY CAN. THERE ARE A FEW WHO ARE STRICTLY BY THE BOOK AND HAVE NO ABILITY TO USE THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT. THIS IS TRUE OF ANY AGENCY, THIS ISSUE IS NOT CONFINED TO FHP. I WORK WITH SOME REAL JACKOFFS AT THE S.0. AS WELL. OH WELL WHAT GOS AROUND COMES AROUND.

Been There, Done That
02-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok come on now....Lets all calm down a little. Us calling each other names won’t fix the problem. Cops, be they City, County, State or Federal are all brothers and sisters. ANY of us could end up on the National LEO Memorial Wall at any time. We all stick out necks out in one way or another, some locations are just more hazardous than others. In the grand scheme of Law Enforcement activities, I feel ticket writing is a little ways down the list for most cops. If you chose to work traffic, more power to you. There is a need for this type of enforcement as well. We all exercise our discretion in one way or another many times in our careers. How about lightening up on each other and no one write ANY cop a cite, or even a warning. Please be polite and cooperative and remember the driver was wrong or he/she wouldn’t have been stopped in the 1st place. ATTITUDE is important. Why would anyone give their brother/sister officer a hard time for doing the job? Be polite and tactfully slide in that you are a cop as well. We are NOT above the law, but we DO have discretion. If we don’t take care of each other, who will??

02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
When I find my self being pulled over I just advise the Officer/Deputy/Trooper that I have a Signal 0. There first response has always been where. I tell them the glove box. Then they ask me who I work for. It has worked six times. I know I know bad me. Once I had a trooper pull me over in an undercover Impala chiefs car. Going 98 Mph in a 65. I had just left the panhandle for hurricane coverage and had to be at work at 0600 it was 2200 at the time. I was in uniform and when the trooper came up he said I'm not going to write you. But why are you going so fast. I explained and he said stay safe and told me he would send out a Msg to his fellow troopers to let me fly. Thnak you sir.

Been There, Done That
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I have to agree with POLKSO's post.....That guy SCREAMED AND BEGGED for his cite. HOW DARE he treat another cop like that ! ! Professional Courtesy is a privilege, NOT a right. Its something we as LEO's do as a courtesy to each other. We do not have to do it at all. But it IS nice to give it, AND receive it as well. The attitude presented at the time of stop will have a lot to do with it. If you get stopped, remember this.....You were speeding or did whatever to get stopped in the 1st place. Or did the Trooper/Deputy/ Officer make it all up??? I have never been forced to write a fellow cop, but I DID have to arrest one once for Domestic Violence. I was not about to get myself in a jam because some guy had too much to drink and decided to knock his wife’s front teeth out. Believe me, it was not a good feeling, but it WAS the right thing to do. In the grand scheme of things, traffic tickets are at the bottom of the totem pole, or close to it anyway, so we can easily use our discretion. Lets all make a deal right here and now. If we stop a brother/sister LEO, and there are no injuries or property damage involved, lets all give each other a break as long as the attitude is deserving. And on the other hand, lets all MAKE DAMN SURE we have the right attitude if we get stopped. Attitude goes a long way. Remember, Professional Courtesy is a Privilege, NOT A RIGHT ! !

03-05-2007, 04:06 AM
Domestic violence is a lot different than a little traffic violation. A LOT DIFFERENT!!!

03-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Domestic violence is a lot different than a little traffic violation. A LOT DIFFERENT!!!

If you are an arsehole during a traffic stop or a domestic violence dispute, you can probably expect to get whats coming to you. Hey northern cop, if I as a florida leo drove up to your jurisdiction and was going fast enough for your to pull me over, and gave you a ration of s%!t over you pulling me over, you wouldnt stoke my arse, I doubt it.

03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
NO, I wouldn't stroke you because I was taught the RIGHT way of helping out my brothers. There is such a thing called BROTHERHOOD that is alive and well up here. In the 10 years that I have been a cop, I have stopped COUNTLESS and I mean countless cops from everywhere and have NOT stroked any of them. A couple of them were flaming a$$holes but I chalked it up to them having a bad day. The thought of writing them NEVER crossed my mind! You just don't write other cops PERIOD! If you do that $hit up here we take you out behind the PD and "staighten your a$$ out"! PERIOD! Does that answer your question?

Been There, Done That
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
This is one thing i must agree on. The "brotherhod is MUCH more closely knit up north. I dont know why, but it is not so tight here. Its a shame too.
If you look at some of the complaints here, and the way some supposed cops talk to other cops....its evident there is a problem. But I try to do my part and protect my brothers. I know i would feel like a real jack-off if i learned the cop i wrote a ticket to ended up on the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Wall.

03-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Some of you all act like 2 year olds in the sandbox.
FHP just let me off the other day and I work for a different agency.
He could have been a real a$$ let me be the first to tell you.
But he wasnt.
Stop whining.
I was actually waiting to get my ticket and I wasnt going to complain.
There are super troopers in every department who have to stroke the pen because they arent stroking anything at home.
God Bless and Stay Safe.
Protect those that protect you!
This job is hard enough.
Thanks for taking care of me and not sticking it to me.

03-06-2007, 05:24 AM
NO, I wouldn't stroke you because I was taught the RIGHT way of helping out my brothers. There is such a thing called BROTHERHOOD that is alive and well up here. In the 10 years that I have been a cop, I have stopped COUNTLESS and I mean countless cops from everywhere and have NOT stroked any of them. A couple of them were flaming a$$holes but I chalked it up to them having a bad day. The thought of writing them NEVER crossed my mind! You just don't write other cops PERIOD! If you do that $hit up here we take you out behind the PD and "staighten your a$$ out"! PERIOD! Does that answer your question?

You answered my question and I must say I'm surprised. I have been in law enforcement for 19 years and like you I have stopped probably hundreds of off-duty leo's. Out of all the ones I have stopped, I have written maybe 3. These guys were such arses they did everything but fill the ticket out for me. Sorry if this offends someone out there but you wouldnt go into court and say that sorry mother f#$%er sitting right there is guilty as hell to a jury. We are all professionals, we should act accordingly. Its bad enough to bust the balls of a fellow leo by making him run you down, but to be an arsehole about it. Some people have no business in law enforcement and are in it for the wrong reasons and that seems to be the ones that will bust your balls before and after you stop them. I guess us southerners do not condone bad behavior, no matter who you are.

03-06-2007, 07:55 PM
In my 15 years of Law Enforcement I have been stopped probably 8 times. I obey the traffic laws 99.9 % of the time. In that last .1% I was not paying attention or was in a hurry because of a family situation.

When I was stopped I "Identified" myself as a police officer by saying "I'm on the Job". We all know what the job is and that should be the end of it.

In the 8 stops, every officer appreciated the apology and the remorse of my mistake. I am grateful for this job and for what it has done for me and my family.

If we take care of each other like we do when one of us gets hurt. All will be fine.

Type A personalities and the "macho" attitude we all have because of what we do will hurt you. Remember where you came from and appreciate where you are today.

STAND BEHIND THE THIN BLUE LINE!

03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
northern cop, been there done that, and others...

where do you see corrections deputies/officers? On other posts here I see alot of infighting and name calling between the two. Some leos see Corrections guys as 2nd class people. I see Corrections/Leos as two sides of the same coin.

My thoughts are that a Shield is a Shield...

03-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Anyone that wears a badge has to deal with the lowest forms of human waste.
And you will probably need one of them one day when you need some real justice since the judges cant do squat.

03-07-2007, 03:51 AM
My thoughts on corrections officers vary a lot from many of my fellow police officer buddies. I started my career as a corrections officer so I have a soft spot for them..lol. I believe that we are all on the same team and deserve to be treated as such. A few of my buddies have the attitude that they are not "real cops" so they aren't afforded the same respect as "real cops".

One week I was running radar on a stretch of highway that leads to the state prison. Out of the 20 or so cars I stopped, 12 of them were corrections officers and one of them was a street cop. I informed them all (nicely and respectfully) that they needed to slow down and let them on their way. A few days later I worked the same detail and subsequently stopped four of the same correctons officers for speeding again. Again, I informed them to slow down but this time I told them to spread the word that if they continued to disrespect me by speeding I would write them.(Of course I wouldn't have) Wouldn't you know it, I have NOT had a problem since. As a matter of fact, they drive UNDER the speed limit because they know I'm there. So, I accomplished my goal of slowing them down WITHOUT having to write anyone. The moral to the story is we need to take care of our own because nobody else will. NEVER STROKE ANOTHER COP>>>PERIOD!!

03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I will share some of my encounters with police agencies from different states to show that there are "SUPER COPS" everywhere.

1. While in the military I was pulled over for 68 in a 55 by a NY State Trooper. I was in full dress uniform on my to my duty station. I received the speeding ticket.

2. Another time while in the military. Returning home to PA from NY. Not in uniform. Stopped at the border by NY State Trooper. 70 in a 55. Asked where I was coming from, I explained ( in military) Given ticket, had to plead in down with the district attorney for non-moving violation.

3. Working for the PA Dept. of Corrections. Stopped by local PD 3 miles from prison. On my way to work, in uniform. Given ticket for failure to obey speed limit signs. I was stopped for speeding, but he said he was giving me a break. 37 in a 25.

4. Working for PA DOC. On my way to my father-in-laws funeral. Unexpected death. My whole family in the car. Wife a emotional mess. Stopped by a local PD. Slow rolled through a stop sign in a residential neighborhood. Explained to officer that I was on my way to funeral and that I worked for DOC. Held me there for 20 min to write ticket. Arrived late for viewing.

5. Stopped by local PD in Florida. 50 in a 35. Explained I was FL DOC. Given seat belt violation. Which I gladly excepted.

6. Stopped twice on different occasions for speeding by PA State Police. Both times I was 15 over the limit. (seems like I am always 15 over the limit.) Explained I was DOC. Both times let go. Once with written warning, I did have 2 beers that I came right out and told him. The other time I got a have a nice day and be safe.

My moral of the story. There are super cops all over. Not just in Florida and not just with the State agencies. For those who don't view corrections as "not real cops" come walk in our shoes for a while. I have walked in both sets of shoes. On the street you have a gun, taser, baton and OC. Most prisons don't even give officers OC. You get a radio and handcuffs. I know alot of cops that would never set foot in a prison to work. They think CO's are nuts. What, no gun or taser or OC? Don't make a determination about a career field unless you have worked it. Remember that we are all (cops, co's, military, ems) doing a job to protect and serve in some fashion or another. We get shat on every day we wear the uniform. We don't need to get shat on by our own. Be safe.

03-07-2007, 06:07 PM
The last corrections officer I stopped was doing 96/55 on a 2 lane roadway passing other cars. He was new to the job and said they frowned on them being late for work but because he had a new uniform to wear he thought he had the "right of passage" to drive like that. I dont think so!

03-08-2007, 12:22 AM
You have to be crazy to be a CO you little bit@h.
Do you think a sane person is going to do that job with no weapons and death threats on a regular basis?
Take your gun and shove it up your a$$.
I have been treated real nice by anyone who has stopped me including the Florida Highway Patrol.
I have never gotten a ticket.
Try raising a family on no sleep and working a crappy job with criminals all day, then to come home to a wife who is screwing your best friend because i dont make enough money and hel! ya-
Next thing you know Im doing 80 in a 65.
But I have always been treated real nice by anyone who has stopped me.
Its di@ks like you that no one wants to come back up.
We all have family members and you might be working for some of mine..=)
The person you screw with today in uniform might be the person that you need a favor from in the future.

03-08-2007, 02:35 AM
Do you think a sane person is going to do that job with no weapons and death threats on a regular basis?
I have been treated real nice by anyone who has stopped me including the Florida Highway Patrol.
Try raising a family on no sleep and working a crappy job with criminals all day, then to come home to a wife who is screwing your best friend because i dont make enough money and hel! ya-
The person you screw with today in uniform might be the person that you need a favor from in the future.

Well bud if you think I was wrong in stroking that dumbarse, your as stupid as he was. He was lucky I didnt lock his butt up for reckless. Trust me, I have let a lot of co's off with a just slow down and have a good one but I draw the line somewhere. If I got pulled over for that I would expect the same thing. If you cant see or understand that you have no business wearing a uniform.

03-08-2007, 04:55 AM
********COPS DON'T WRITE COPS!! ************

What the hells wrong with you people! For God sake take care of each other.

Who gives two sh*ts if another cop is speeding. It's a civil infraction which MONEY is paid. THATS IT!

Enough of the freakin power trip. GROW THE FU*CK UP!

03-08-2007, 05:30 AM
********COPS DON'T WRITE COPS!! ************

What the hells wrong with you people! For God sake take care of each other.

Who gives two sh*ts if another cop is speeding. It's a civil infraction which MONEY is paid. THATS IT!

Enough of the freakin power trip. GROW THE FU*CK UP!

Theres no power trip here. Some people are idiots and must be treated as so. WHERES THE COMMON SENSE THAT GOES WITH BEING A COP?
I dont go to state prisons and stir up sh!t and I sure dont want to work a fatal on a co who was late for work. If dumbarse would have survived the crash he caused he would be facing vehicular homicide charges. it works both ways. A true brother leo who gives a sh!t about a fellow leo wouldnt go there in the first place. Enough said about this crap.

03-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Please do not think all COs are like this. If it is a crappy job to you, then why do it. If your wife is screwing your best friend it is not for the money. It is for the attention you forgot to give her. Don't bring your job home and maybe your home life will get better. I am sure you are the type that talks all about your job and the criminals you deal with at every family function. Try leaving the job at the job. I have been doing this for 10 years and my wife knows nothing of my daily work life. She learns more about prisons on A and E than from me. It is only a job it is not your life. If you worked at Walmart I doubt you would talk about it at your next cook out.

03-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Do you actually read the SOP's at work or do you assume that you know everything already..
Because you d@mn sure assumed that I even go to family functions in the first place.
When I get home I look for the king first.
The king of beers.
Then I watch a little TV and try and find out whos screwing my wife tonight.
Lets not go assuming anything there partner.
Do you guess at what the laws say too?

03-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Do you actually read the SOP's at work or do you assume that you know everything already..
Because you d@mn sure assumed that I even go to family functions in the first place.
The king of beers.

You obviously are a pathetic individual. You are a great example to the profession. I do not assume anything. Assuming is much different then making educated guesses. But I doubt you have and education. You probably aren't invited to family functions due to your attitude. You were obviously picked on as a child and now think you are big and bad as a CO. Get a life. Drop the beer and pick up a life. Or go on hating yourself and your life. Any way it doesn't matter to me.

03-09-2007, 02:01 AM
You are a great deputy.
Everything you ASSUMED is false about me.
Thats why you are only a deputy and not a detective.
You are narrow minded.
It would be like having Hillary Clinton working in the office god forbid.

03-09-2007, 03:27 AM
Yah really...Hillary would ALMOST be as bad as Georgy Bush!!!

03-09-2007, 05:29 AM
The king of beers.

Sounds like you need to call it quits and start all over again. Dont take your problems out on the highway. The trooper that stops you may be having a bad time of it as well.

03-10-2007, 12:48 AM
You are a great deputy.
Everything you ASSUMED is false about me.
Thats why you are only a deputy and not a detective.
You are narrow minded.
It would be like having Hillary Clinton working in the office god forbid.

Talk about assuming. How do you know I am not a detective. I detect some jealousy in your post. You must work for DOC and could never pass a polygraph for an SO or FHP. Keep working the job you hate and let me know what time your shift is over so I can leave your house and wife. And by the way, next time buy a better beer. I don't like Bud.

03-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Maybe you dont drink Bud because you are a communist.
You probably drink something fruity like sex on the beach.
If you are a detective you are a d#mn bad one.
Taking your 2 hour lunches so you can go screw your partners wife.
Great Job Magnum PI

03-10-2007, 03:02 AM
I worked from a police officer to Chief. My whole life was law enforcement. I read some of the issues about tickets and was shocked at some of the remarks. Some of my best friends have given their life to back up other officers. Always treat your fellow officers as you would want to be treated, just be nice and love your job. Be safe God bless.

03-10-2007, 03:09 PM
I am amazed that this is the main topic of conversation on this board!

I am a 30 year LEO and most of the time have been given professional courtesy and no ticket...however, if I do get a ticket, I take it in stride, because I know I am breaking the law and am running a risk. When I was a rookie, I was taught "do what you are big enough to get away with and take it like a man [or woman] if you get caught!"

I think officers who speed/drink and drive are showing disrespect for those that have to enforce the law and are putting them in a tight spot--- and the bigger issue is that speeding/drinking and driving DOES create a danger on the highway regardless of your profession, right?

Easy solution- show respect to your bretheren who are on duty- don't speed/or do other traffic violations and if you do-- take it like a man [or woman].

03-10-2007, 03:16 PM
I will share some of my encounters with police agencies from different states to show that there are "SUPER COPS" everywhere.

1. While in the military I was pulled over for 68 in a 55 by a NY State Trooper. I was in full dress uniform on my to my duty station. I received the speeding ticket.

2. Another time while in the military. Returning home to PA from NY. Not in uniform. Stopped at the border by NY State Trooper. 70 in a 55. Asked where I was coming from, I explained ( in military) Given ticket, had to plead in down with the district attorney for non-moving violation.

3. Working for the PA Dept. of Corrections. Stopped by local PD 3 miles from prison. On my way to work, in uniform. Given ticket for failure to obey speed limit signs. I was stopped for speeding, but he said he was giving me a break. 37 in a 25.

4. Working for PA DOC. On my way to my father-in-laws funeral. Unexpected death. My whole family in the car. Wife a emotional mess. Stopped by a local PD. Slow rolled through a stop sign in a residential neighborhood. Explained to officer that I was on my way to funeral and that I worked for DOC. Held me there for 20 min to write ticket. Arrived late for viewing.

5. Stopped by local PD in Florida. 50 in a 35. Explained I was FL DOC. Given seat belt violation. Which I gladly excepted.

6. Stopped twice on different occasions for speeding by PA State Police. Both times I was 15 over the limit. (seems like I am always 15 over the limit.) Explained I was DOC. Both times let go. Once with written warning, I did have 2 beers that I came right out and told him. The other time I got a have a nice day and be safe.

My moral of the story. There are super cops all over. Not just in Florida and not just with the State agencies. For those who don't view corrections as "not real cops" come walk in our shoes for a while. I have walked in both sets of shoes. On the street you have a gun, taser, baton and OC. Most prisons don't even give officers OC. You get a radio and handcuffs. I know alot of cops that would never set foot in a prison to work. They think CO's are nuts. What, no gun or taser or OC? Don't make a determination about a career field unless you have worked it. Remember that we are all (cops, co's, military, ems) doing a job to protect and serve in some fashion or another. We get shat on every day we wear the uniform. We don't need to get shat on by our own. Be safe.

looks like they were doing their job. your license should probably be suspended. why don't you slow your arse down and follow the laws.
It appears that because you have a badge you think you can do what you want on the roadway and as a god given right should not get a ticktet. you disgust me you c.o. puke.

03-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Jealous because your wife is getting layed by your partner 2?
Or your chitlins and collard greens werent cooked when you got home after a long day of doing absolutely nothing?
You can come over to my house partner.
I have some Bud and a big fat watermelon ripe for eatin.
Yea..next time you bring your prisoner in...ask yourself...
Whose crazy enough to do this job without a gun..
I am.
Now leave me alone..
I need to go find some female company in the phone book.

03-11-2007, 01:54 AM

looks like they were doing their job. your license should probably be suspended. why don't you slow your arse down and follow the laws.
It appears that because you have a badge you think you can do what you want on the roadway and as a god given right should not get a ticktet. you disgust me you c.o. puke.

You truely are pathetic. SUPERCOP at it's best. I never once said they weren't doing their jobs. I merely was stating that there are a@$ holes like you all over. I know you, the supercop you are, never breaks the speed limit. Professional courtesy is what it is. If you are professional you give it. But just because YOU have a badge does not make you professional. You are the bottom of the barrel and should not have a badge. You could never be a c.o. You couldn't handle not have a gun. You probably stand in front of a mirror and stare at yourself in uniform. Don't worry, I have run into alot of your kind. I will show you professional courtesy and give you an extra meal tray and maybe 5 minutes longer in the shower. I know you will be on the wrong side of the law someday. It is in your nature.

03-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Dont forget to hand him the soap on a rope...

03-11-2007, 10:48 PM

You truely are pathetic. SUPERCOP at it's best. I never once said they weren't doing their jobs. I merely was stating that there are a@$ holes like you all over. I know you, the supercop you are, never breaks the speed limit. Professional courtesy is what it is. If you are professional you give it. But just because YOU have a badge does not make you professional. You are the bottom of the barrel and should not have a badge. You could never be a c.o. You couldn't handle not have a gun. You probably stand in front of a mirror and stare at yourself in uniform. Don't worry, I have run into alot of your kind. I will show you professional courtesy and give you an extra meal tray and maybe 5 minutes longer in the shower. I know you will be on the wrong side of the law someday. It is in your nature.

don't worry you little shit bag, I'll stop your ass soon and I will make your life a living hell, cause i don't show proffessional courtesy to any state boy, c.o, or city cop. I write every one of you mother suckers.

03-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Jealous because your wife is getting layed by your partner 2?
Or your chitlins and collard greens werent cooked when you got home after a long day of doing absolutely nothing?
You can come over to my house partner.
I have some Bud and a big fat watermelon ripe for eatin.
Yea..next time you bring your prisoner in...ask yourself...
Whose crazy enough to do this job without a gun..
I am.
Now leave me alone..
I need to go find some female company in the phone book.

You sound like a winner you racist ****. I'll stroke your ass out too if I stop you. Go find a whore in the phone book cause ain't no normal girl going to be with a racist **** like you. better check when the local kkk meeting is.

03-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Fellow Troopers- lets show a little professionalism and not stoop to the levels of those trying to get under our skin. We are better than that.

03-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Sounds like some of you need to go to anger management classes..
Thats whats wrong..
You hear soap on a rope and you freak out..
Your true colors are shining bright..
"I'll write every one of you f'rs a ticket...I dont care...I'll write my own momma a ticket."
Sounds like you need to use the phone book too for some women company.
Sad thing is...some CO is going to get pulled soon and have no idea why his balls are getting busted...

03-12-2007, 01:56 AM
MORON SAID "don't worry you little shizzat bag, I'll stop your arse soon and I will make your life a living hell, cause i don't show proffessional courtesy to any state boy, c.o, or city cop. I write every one of you mother suckers".

You will not last long as a cop! You are a disgrace! You will definitely get your a$$ kicked on the side of the road sometime real soon. I've seen losers like you before and they don't last long. Hopefully you have enough brain cells left in that pea sized head to realized that the cop you stroke today may be the cop that saves your dumb redneck a$$ tomorrow. YOU DISGUST ME SIMPLETON!!!

03-12-2007, 12:52 PM

don't worry you little shizzat bag, I'll stop your arse soon and I will make your life a living hell, cause i don't show proffessional courtesy to any state boy, c.o, or city cop. I write every one of you mother suckers.
ANOTHER "HERO" COMES TO THE FRONT. YOU ARE TRUELY SAD. EVEN IF YOU DID STOP ME, YOU WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT WRITE ME A TICKET. YOU ARE ALL BARK AND NO BITE. WRITE THE TICKET AND THEN SEE IT DISMISSED IN COURT YOU IDIOT. GOD, YOU ARE SO IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF IT IS SICKENING. A BADGE AND GUN DOES NOT MAKE YOU TOUGH. DON'T WORRY, I WILL STILL SHOW YOU PROFESSIONAL COURTESY WHEN YOU GET YOURSELF IN TROUBLE. AN EXTRA TRAY, 5 MINUTES EXTRA IN THE SHOWER AND PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. YOU WILL NEED THAT SINCE YOU ARE SUCH AN A@# OUT ON THE STREET. GOOD LUCK. SEE YA SOON!

03-12-2007, 10:37 PM

don't worry you little shizzat bag, I'll stop your arse soon and I will make your life a living hell, cause i don't show proffessional courtesy to any state boy, c.o, or city cop. I write every one of you mother suckers.
ANOTHER "HERO" COMES TO THE FRONT. YOU ARE TRUELY SAD. EVEN IF YOU DID STOP ME, YOU WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING BUT WRITE ME A TICKET. YOU ARE ALL BARK AND NO BITE. WRITE THE TICKET AND THEN SEE IT DISMISSED IN COURT YOU IDIOT. GOD, YOU ARE SO IN LOVE WITH YOURSELF IT IS SICKENING. A BADGE AND GUN DOES NOT MAKE YOU TOUGH. DON'T WORRY, I WILL STILL SHOW YOU PROFESSIONAL COURTESY WHEN YOU GET YOURSELF IN TROUBLE. AN EXTRA TRAY, 5 MINUTES EXTRA IN THE SHOWER AND PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. YOU WILL NEED THAT SINCE YOU ARE SUCH AN A@# OUT ON THE STREET. GOOD LUCK. SEE YA SOON!

my k-9 partner will bite your dumb co ass.

03-12-2007, 11:45 PM
My dog would eat your K-9 alive.
He sits right next to me in the passenger seat.
My dog went up against a german shepard before who was loose and guess who won.
Earl did.
That shepard was hauling a$$.
He didnt want none of Big Earl.
Youre talking to a certified redneck boy.
Now...who are you gonna call when youre down in these parts by yourself and you need backup.
Hope you got more than just a K-9.
Because we ride with big dogs out here.
Your mouth is bigger than your dirty britches.

03-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Well just so you know If you and Big Earl show up earl gets a bullet in the head, you get a tasering until you piss your pants, come on down lil Abner

03-15-2007, 12:18 AM
BAHAHAHA lil abner!!!

03-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Listen here snoop dog...
Earl doesnt bite until I snap my fingers or until your back is turned..
Ill come on down any day...
But as Hank Williams said...A country boy can survive..
A country dog can scrap with the best k-9's
And a big headed cop usually gets spanked on disability retirement.
Anyone who can reach for the gun fast enough to shoot Earl better shoot me too.
Hope you can hit two people with one bullet.
Kind of like that old lovers law in Alaska..
Better tighten that mouth up before you really get spanked out on the highway by your lonesome.

03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
sounds like Abner has beer muscles. We don't turn our backs on inbred country f*cks who have more teeth than IQ, And teeth are usually single digits!!.

I guarantee I'll drop ol Earl than deal with you in the same short span. Guess what Abner, The fights you've neen watchin on TV in your trailor, you know between Springer and Dr. Phil they are not rea!!!l, in the real world, toothless, drunk, smelly products of some guy screwing his sister, go to jail or the morgue. You decide boy.

I'll doubt we'll run into you because you're too stupid to have a job and I bet they repossessed that truck you bought on time.

Bye bye Abner

03-15-2007, 12:34 PM
He's owning you country azz

03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree wholeheartedly! Lil' Abner can't match wits with our brother cop. I'm surprised Lil' Abner has a computer in his trailer. Welfare must be good nowadays! :lol:

Been There, Done That
03-15-2007, 03:13 PM
northern cop, been there done that, and others...

where do you see corrections deputies/officers? On other posts here I see alot of infighting and name calling between the two. Some leos see Corrections guys as 2nd class people. I see Corrections/Leos as two sides of the same coin.

My thoughts are that a Shield is a Shield...

Yup, a shield is a shield....Correctional Officers/Deputies get hurt and killed by the very scumbags we put in prison. At least I can cruise a nice neighborhood or a Spring Break beach and "see the sights". They stuck inside with the scum of the earth. If I had to work in a jail or prison, I would probably quit.

But PLEASE remember.....ITS ALL IN THE ATTITUDE ! ! I have stopped a couple who were SOOOOO flipping arrogant. I even had 1 Wackenhut Correctional Officer pull up along side on his crotch rocket, wave, and blow away like he was riding the space shuttle. When we tried to stop him, he had the nerve to flee....and went right to the waiting arms of another unit waiting for him at the prison. He got hooked up ! !

Be courteous and respectful and you should catch a break. You do NOT have to grovel and loose your self respect, just be nice. We have the discretion, let’s take care of or own.

03-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Please stop posting like 5 different times under different names to try and make your point.
Do you think I just fell off the collard green truck yesterday?
Your babys momma is calling and she needs you to pick up the pampers and get off the computer

Been There, Done That
03-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Please stop posting like 5 different times under different names to try and make your point.
Do you think I just fell off the collard green truck yesterday?
Your babys momma is calling and she needs you to pick up the pampers and get off the computer

Spoken like the TRUE mental midget you are. Dont hate us because your daddys condom broke.

03-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Fellow Troopers- lets show a little professionalism and not stoop to the levels of those trying to get under our skin. We are better than that.

I have been stopped by Troopers a few times and you guys did not write me a ticket but I did get a written warning once. I'm sure you guys have your own dept. issued quotas for tickets and probably even warnings. I for one am not going to write negative about all Troopers just because of probably a few that have written other officers tickets which I do believe is wrong. No matter what, we all have to take care of each other because regular civilians are not the ones that are going to have ours backs. Stay safe out there guys.

03-26-2007, 12:11 PM
In early 2000 I was pulled over by a FHP motorman for speeding. I told him I was going to the police academy in a week. He gave me a verbal warning and sent me on my way. Not all FHP Troopers are A-holes.

03-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Yah I agree 99% of Troopers are good guys. I'm not proud of this story but here it goes :oops: ...I was stopped by a Trooper a few years ago, on my birthday, for speeding. My designated driver got too drunk to drive (go figure) so I had to drive instead. I had a few beers and was put through the SFT's until the Trooper found out I was a fellow cop from up north. He gave me and my drunk designated driver a ride home. Legally, I was over the legal limit BUT the trooper used his discretion and chose to give me a ride home instead. I don't remember his name but he saved my a$$ that night. That night was also the LAST time I have ever had a beer and drove. I learned my lesson the easy way rather than the hard way. THANK YOU to the Trooper who helped me and thank you to all the other hard working Troopers out there!

03-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Your story represents what our brotherhood truly is. I would like to say Bravo to the trooper who did the right thing. It's rare but when one starts others follow.

Don't drink and drive it's not worth it.

03-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Your story represents what our brotherhood truly is. I would like to say Bravo to the trooper who did the right thing. It's rare but when one starts others follow.

Don't drink and drive it's not worth it.

FHP is a big, statewide agency. Im sure it happens a lot more than you think or hear about.

03-30-2007, 10:52 PM
ATTENTION: NON-FHP COMPLAINERS/LOSERS

Why don't you go to the message board for your respective agencies and quit *****in' about whether or not you may get a ticket from a Trooper. It's unlikely, but if you display the same attitude roadside as you do here, you probably deserve what you get.

04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Max u could have said it any better, some of the LEO's get stopped by us trooper an wanna give us a ****y attitude on the roadside, an thats what gets them a ticket. Just because you an LEO doesn't mean I have to put up with your BS, it's my traffic stop & my state, I decide what the outcome will be. shut Up & listen. I've written other LEO's for that same reason, because if I was to get stopped by another police dept. I would not give them an attitude & my favorite is the slap in the face that they pull when as you walk up to there POV the through a badge in your face and say I a P.O, before you say one word.

04-02-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree with the last post. Writing cops is generally not wise, but we locals must remember that when stopped by a trooper, it is THIER scene, just as it is OUR scene when we go 97 with a call involving an off-duty cop. If he asses-up, he takes the ride, and I feel no remorse about that. If I shine my hinie on a trooper's stop then I deserve the ticket I get. But, from the posts there seems to be a few troopers who write no matter how polite you are. That is unfortunate and they need to be "adjusted." So....let's all try to treat a trooper, or any cop who stops us the way WE expect to be treated by the public when we go out with something. Remember...we can onlly be as nice a people let us!

04-02-2007, 07:59 PM
You troopers must have such thin delicate skin, I hope that tan uniform helps you moisturize!

Been There, Done That
04-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I agree with the last post. Writing cops is generally not wise, but we locals must remember that when stopped by a trooper, it is THIER scene, just as it is OUR scene when we go 97 with a call involving an off-duty cop. If he asses-up, he takes the ride, and I feel no remorse about that. If I shine my hinie on a trooper's stop then I deserve the ticket I get. But, from the posts there seems to be a few troopers who write no matter how polite you are. That is unfortunate and they need to be "adjusted." So....let's all try to treat a trooper, or any cop who stops us the way WE expect to be treated by the public when we go out with something. Remember...we can onlly be as nice a people let us!

I agree 100% with this.......Show a Trooper the same respect YOU would expect form anyone else.....remember...you WERE WRONG or you wouldnt have been stopped in the 1st place. Dont throw the badge in their face....be a LITTLE tactfull anyway ! ! ! And for Mr ThinSkin...be nice ! ! I think their uniform looks GREAT after loosing the cobwoy hats ! !

04-08-2007, 01:13 AM
WHY CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG? EVERYONE WRITES EVERYONE..

04-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey Troopers, I'm not using this site to bash you guys at all. I've been in law enforcement for 10 years and for a time, I traveled from home to work 60 miles a day without a take home. There has been 3 or 4 times I have been late to briefing and I have been stopped by FHP. The troopers out in Broward County have been great and never cited me. We recently got tri county take homes and I always make it a point to stop when I see a trooper on the side of the road and make sure he's ok. A couple of years ago I took a trip to Orlando one day with my friend from FWC. I was stopped on the Turnpike and I beleive it was Trooper Martin (close to Orlando) who didn't care and cited me. I know I was wrong and I know most of you by now are saying: just because you have a badge dont make you better than anyone else, but what makes me different from a regular citizen is that if there was some assistance needed on that highway, that night, my FWC buddy and I would have stopped and rendered the appropriate assistance. I'm not going to go on and on but I don't think that the Trooper really knew the damage that he caused because of a mere speeding ticket. I'm a cop that has received over 20 commendation letters. Two officer of the month awards and three honorable mentions in a period of five years. No IA complaints and clean jacket. My agency went through some problems awhile back and I was looking to go to another department with better pay and benifits. I applied at another department. The department wouldn't hire me because I had a moving violation in the past three years. Luckily my department has made progress and I'm happy where I'm at now, but that Trooper ruined my chances of getting hired with that other department that I really wanted back then. My ending remarks is simple COPS have a rough job and anything in our record carries with us for our entire careers. For that incident, I received a counseling (no biggie, but that was the first thing on my jacket). If you write Joe that works as a manager at a retail store or Billy that is a white collar executive, it doesn't matter to them as much because it doesn't affect their careers. I hope you guys that read this take it positive and not in a negative way. I know most of you guys are do the right thing and it must suck to have a couple of bad seeds give your department a bad name amongest the law enforcement community.

04-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Im not defending anyone and I dont write off-duty cops but I have worked in areas where you seem to stop a lot of off-duty officers. Sure it gets frustrating sometimes but I think some troopers get tired of running down off-duty officers and develop the attitude of they dont respect what I do out here or they wouldnt be hauling arse. There are 1800 troopers and probably 55-60,000 city and county officers in this state, not to mention the fellow officers from up north who are here on vacation. If you go to a call 5-10 times a day and its an off-duty leo thats causing the problem, sooner or later someone is going to take a ride cause your tired of fooling with them. Unfortunatly, thats the attitude some troopers take. You may be the 4th, 5th or 10th off-duty leo he has stopped that day and at some point he's going to feel like its time to send a message to quit busting his balls cause he's tired of it. Its all about respect. A trooper would rather you show him respect by him never meeting you in the first place vs. you explaining who you work for and how much you would appreciate a little professional courtesy.

05-23-2007, 04:02 AM
An FHP trooper wrote my wife a citation for traveling 67 mph in a 55...She was polite & respectful towards him.. When she mentioned that her husband was a L.E.O., his response was, "Yea, I know, I saw the FOP emblem on your tag. Tell your husband that you need to slow down & that I gave you a break. I'm not writing you for the tag being obstructed by the emblem. You need to remove that thing." Thank-you Trooper!

If you know who the asshole is you should do traffic enforcement in his neighborhood. Or when you hear him screaming on the radio for backup when he's getting his smart ass kicked and the nearest trooper is two cities away advise you'll be there right after you remove the emblem from your wife’s car.

Some of these guys are unbelievable.

06-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Im not defending anyone and I dont write off-duty cops but I have worked in areas where you seem to stop a lot of off-duty officers. Sure it gets frustrating sometimes but I think some troopers get tired of running down off-duty officers and develop the attitude of they dont respect what I do out here or they wouldnt be hauling arse. There are 1800 troopers and probably 55-60,000 city and county officers in this state, not to mention the fellow officers from up north who are here on vacation. If you go to a call 5-10 times a day and its an off-duty leo thats causing the problem, sooner or later someone is going to take a ride cause your tired of fooling with them. Unfortunatly, thats the attitude some troopers take. You may be the 4th, 5th or 10th off-duty leo he has stopped that day and at some point he's going to feel like its time to send a message to quit busting his balls cause he's tired of it. Its all about respect. A trooper would rather you show him respect by him never meeting you in the first place vs. you explaining who you work for and how much you would appreciate a little professional courtesy.

I agree. I get tired of stopping cops and their family members all the time too. On one particular day 25% of the people I stopped that day were either Feds, Detectives, off duty officers, or a family member. It is even more irritating when you stop the "friends" and they expect a break. It is not just troopers that get tired of stopping cops. If you don't break or stretch the rules, you don't have to try to explain anything or ask for anything.