PDA

View Full Version : still no contract

10-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I heard approx 500 officers voted no to the proposed contract. That means the contract did not pass. What now??? Will PBA finally come to rollcalls and get our opinions?

10-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah, they'll pass out another survey, but they won't give us the results.

Then they'll begin negotiating again sometime after they tabulate everything and gather some more of their wonderful "statistics", which will probably be sometime in mid November.

Then they'll take a break for Thanksgiving....and Christmas while they're at it.

I bet we don't have another contract in front of us to vote on until sometime in January or February. And we can forget about retroactive pay.

The best thing that the PBA could to is push for Greco to run again--or at least threaten it. Make Pam and her cronies afraid that they're going to lose their jobs and watch the city pay up.

10-19-2006, 04:20 PM
He is right, retro pay is out the window now. This (no retro) has already cost me probably more than I will gain from whatever happens.

10-19-2006, 04:31 PM
He is right, retro pay is out the window now. This (no retro) has already cost me probably more than I will gain from whatever happens.

Name me one time we didn't get retro pay. Quit being naive.

10-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Has a contract been voted down by the membership before? What happened then?

10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes, it took less than a month to get another vote and it passed. We got a better deal and we did get retro pay, of course. Anybody that says we won't get retro pay has no real idea. Those are probably the guy's who voted yes and are afraid of what might happen next. Just breath deep and let the stress out and everything will turn out fine. If we don't get that much better of a deal we may need to vote it down next time by a larger margin.

10-19-2006, 07:02 PM
We will get all retroative pay......don't worry about that, the city and the union's contract ran out on SEPT 30. The city is obligated in giving us back retro pay, since they couldn't give us a FAIR CONTRACT. If an ARBITRATOR has to give us our due....then so be it. NYPD officers took a year to get there contract 10.5% for 2 yrs......with retroactive pay. Every NYPD officer received a check for over 13,000 dollars. Let's not start MYTHS and give in to NOTHING. HEALTH CARE should be the NO.#1 ISSUE.........and our elected officials are not fighting for us to get us this BENEFIT.

10-19-2006, 07:14 PM
First of all I believe whenever ( 1 month or six months from now) we vote in a new contract we will receive retro pay. That being said, if we DO or DON"T SHOULD HAVE NO IMPACT on your next vote and any negotiations. A contract we want to work under for the next three years is far more important that a few dollars. Remember what is important Brothers and Sisters and continue to stand side by side in this issue and all that face us.

10-19-2006, 07:34 PM
It is simply untrue to assume that we will get retro pay. There is no gaurantee on that.

10-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Srry, but if I go 6 months without retro pay on my overtime, court time, and regular pay I have lost out and would have received more with the original contract.

10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Srry, but if I go 6 months without retro pay on my overtime, court time, and regular pay I have lost out and would have received more with the original contract.

The City loves guys like you. I have a question, who are you able to stand upright without a spine ?

10-19-2006, 09:19 PM
It is simply untrue to assume that we will get retro pay. There is no gaurantee on that.

That is true, but you could also die tomorrow. Like you said there are no guarantees in life, so it is important to stand up for yourself !

10-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Weasels like you is why our union is WEAK !!!!!

Hopefully your not even really a COP.

Guess how we will get retro pay.

WHEN WE NEGOTIATE IT IN THE NEW CONTRACT. IF THE CITY DOESN'T PLAY BALL, WE VOTE NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know most of you will vote yes on a 5-5-5, but I'll hold out for an 8-5-5. Unfortunately the city will try something like a 5-4.5-4.5 because they are counting on weak members who are scared.

2 to 1 margin is great

STAY UNITED AND STAND STRONG !!!!!!!!!

As for the 268 who voted yes, reevaluate and come on board the winning team. And for the 268, most of you will not be promoted so stop trying to please the city and your current supervisor.

10-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Health insurance is number one. that being said some of the agencies on the PBA paperwork pay nothing for health insurance. Others pay pennies.

Pay is the next issue. 6,5,4, minimum.

standby for court. We cant leave our house for 3 days, and yet we get no money.

MPO losing stripe and pay, take this idea and flush it. Do department heads lose stripe and pay when they do something wrong. Oh yea, Sgt and up do not get evals from Ofc's so they dont have to worry about getting a negative eval.

Sgt and Lt should be eval'ed by the Ofc's on there sqaud.

Finally, dont lie!!!! If we arent the highest paid agency in the state dont tell us, we are. By the way, several agencies get more than we do. They may not be as large as TPD, but neither is half the agencies on the PBA list.

10-19-2006, 10:45 PM
WELL.....I GUESS THE " SCARED " ONES, ARE PLAYING INTO THE CITY'S HAND AGAIN......" WHAT IF I DON'T GET MY RETRO PAY BLUTO "...WELL LIKE BELUSHI SAID......" NEIDERMYER DEAD "...." DID WE SURRENDER "....WELL YOU GET MY DRIFT. FOLKS, WE HAVE HAD THIS TYPE OF FIGHT IN THE PAST AND HAVE BEEN GIVING ALL OUR RETROACTIVE PAY. FIRST DON'T READ INTO THE HYPE AND THE LIES BY MANAGEMENT...WHEN THEY COME ON HERE TO SCARE YOU. THINK ABOUT YOUR CONTRACT......YOUR BENEFITS.....AND #1 ISSUE " HEALTH CARE COVERAGE "....................................PLEASE.." FIGHT..FIGHT AND FIGHT ".

10-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Some of you guys are so "us against them" and "screw the city" that you have totally lost all reality on the real issues. My gosh, get a grip and quit the conspiracy theory and lets get a good fair contract.

10-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Some of you guys are so "us against them" and "screw the city" that you have totally lost all reality on the real issues. My gosh, get a grip and quit the conspiracy theory and lets get a good fair contract. THIS PERSON ABOVE IS EXACTLY WHAT WE AS " MEMBERS "...NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR...THIS GUY IS PROBABLY A CPL. OR HIGHER LOOKING TO GET PROMOTED . LOOK BUDDY...WE AREN'T GOING TO GET A FAIR CONTRACT WITHOUT A FIGHT....SO STOP SPREADING YOUR MANAGERIAL PROPAGANDA.