PDA

View Full Version : help me out!!!

10-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Hey fellow LEO's his is gonna sound a little corny but here goes...I'm sure I'll get my share of ragging and smart ass comments to this but hopefully someone can help me out...My 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up and I'm looking to surprise my wife by renewing our vows at some kind of long weekend getaway (preferrably on my 4 days off). If anybody has ever done this or has any suggestions as to where a good place to go would be I'm all ears. Of course I am on a cop's salary so be kind. OK everyone I'm ready for the ragging. Let the comments begin. And for those of you that respond sincerely...I thank you in advance.

10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Most of the hotels on the beach offer wedding services. I am sure that they will offer some sort of renewal service. I would go that route and that way you can spend the weekend at the hotel. A friend of mine had a wedding at the Holiday Inn by the bridge. It was really nice and affordable. If you wanted to get a little further away take a look around Sarasota. That way it is a little more like a getaway.

10-19-2006, 12:18 PM
I would suggest the Luxury Motel on Hillsborough. They have a wonderful getaway package an an attractive hourly rate, and if you're lucky you might be able to get a room with a view of a trailer park.

In all seriousness, try looking at a short three or four day cruise. There are quite a few of them departing from Miami and Port Canaveral, and I think there's even one of that length from Tampa. Florida residents can get some good cruise deals, and the prices are running in the neighborhood of $100 per person per day or less. A cruise is also all-inclusive, except the alcohol. All the major travel websites post cruise deals, so just look them up and see if it's something that would fit. All cruises offer packages for anniversaries, honeymooners, etc.

10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Hey Brother, you wanna score big points..............look into a bed and breakfast in some out of the way place. Your wife will love it, and you may be surprised at how it will relax you. Check in Mt Dora area !

10-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I took my wife to an Amelia Island (aka- Fernandina Beach / near Jacksonville) bed and breakfast for her birthday last year! It was very quaint and relaxing! I'm not sure about the wedding vow situation but maybe one of the bed and breakfasts can provide you with more information.

10-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the input, I really appreciate it....Now you can start with the Hayes, Luxury, Haven motel jokes...thanks again

10-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I would suggest a bed and breakfast in St. Augestine. It's a beautiful place with some history and romance. Its a walking town where you can spend quality time together. I have stayed in numerous bed and breakfast's there and the Casablanca inn is my favorite. Weekdays they usually run a special where you stay one night get second half price, stay two nights get the third free.

10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
try a 4 day cruise...best vacation for the money and you can get remarried on the open seas...

food/fun included in the price... you have to pay for drinks and souveniers and some of the tours.

10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
My wife and I are cruise addicts. The 3 or 4 day cruises are barely enough, but if that's all the time you have, go for it.

I prefer to sail out of Port Canaveral rather than Tampa. Check on what the Mariner of the Seas is doing. It is a great ship and is a destination in itself.

On most ships you CANNOT get the Captain to marry you at sea - he is too busy and the paperwork is complicated. They probably DO have someone on hand who would do some kind of renewal of vows ceremony.

There is lots of cruise information on the net at http://www.cruisecritic.com.

Enjoy