PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin B Diet

10-15-2006, 08:28 AM
I have noticed several officers who are currently doing the vitamin B diet. Is this some miracle weight loss program? Does it work? Where do you join?

10-16-2006, 05:51 AM
Here's the skinny....Most officers at TPD go to Dr. Armstrong or Dr. Garcia. They will charge you somewhere about $250 for a start up fee and then $60 or $65 weekly after that. That includes a B12, I think a B6 shot, and 1 weeks worth of Phendametrazine (mild-amphetamine), they will also recommend taking Calcium Pyruvate which can be bought at GNC.

Now, There's also Dr. Rodriguez...He will charge $150 for the start up fee and its $50 weekly after that. Dr. Rodriguez will give you the B12 and the B6 shot weekly, but he will give you a prescription for the Phendametrazine, which you must fill. Most insurances dont cover this drug. The cheapest I have found it is at Sams Club for $10.88, and if you are not a member at Sams, Target will price match anywhere, so you can get it there. Places like Walgreens or CVS will charge about $18 for the prescription. He will also recommend Calcium Pyruvate

Now, the cheaper version is with Dr. Barker, Dr. Lynch and Dr. Hebblewhite. They will charge you $120 for a start up fee, but if you are able to get your labwork and EKG from your primary care and bring it to your initial appointment they will only charge you a $75.00 start up fee. After that it will cost you $45 weekly. This will get you a meeting with the doctor each time (I dont know how Dr. Armstrong or Garcia is, but I know that you will only see Dr. Rodriguez on your initial visit and then you will never see him again). Anyway, like I said you will see the Dr. on each visit. The weekly visits will consist of a B12 shot, they will give you the Phendametrazine pills (not just a prescription), they will give you 1 weeks work of Fiber pills and 1 weeks worth of Chromium Picolanate (they dont harp on taking any Calcium Pyruvate, but they leave that up to you). And if you pay for 2 weeks up front they will shave 10 bucks off and charge you $80 and that gets you the 2 weeks of the Phendametrazine, fiber and Chromium, but it will only give you 1 shot of B12 because you skip 1 weeks visit. You will also get a pretty comprehensive book that gives you the amounts of carbs in just about anything you can think of, even the entrees at your more common restaurants

Now, the diet pretty much follow along a modified Atkins diet. No breads, pastas, pototoes, etc. You can pretty much have whatever you want as long as its low carb. Dr. Barker, Lynch and Hebblewhite push a low fat low calorie diet and not so much on the low carb, but whatever works for you.

Does it work? Well I can tell you this, the Phendametrazine pills really do take the cravings away, you will find yourself feeling full and you wont eat as much. Some have said that the pills give you a "speed" type feeling but I have not felt that. The weight will shed easily and quickly and you wont feel hungry. You might crave something here and there but you can control it pretty easily (and trust me I love to eat).

The problem lies in what happens when you shed the weight and get to your ideal weight. Well, Im not really sure, but obviously they can pile up pretty quickly after you stop. Most of the doctors have a maintenance type plan in which once you hit your goal weight you can go less and not take as much of the medicine, but I am not there yet so I dont know.

Be prepared to drink a lot of water and have a water bottle with you at all times. They will stress that you must drink 1 gallon of water daily, but you will find you may be drinking more because the Phendametrazine will dehydrate you (I average about 2 to 2.5 gallons daily) and be prepared to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

Listen out for new doctors doing this diet. As the popularity increases you may find cheaper doctor out there that are offering it for a less price. I started at Dr. Rodriguez and I switched to Dr. Lynch/Barker. It can get pretty costly but for a difference ot about $60 savings monthly in the switch, its work it.

This of course is my opinion and my experience with the diet, I'm sure there are others that have a different experience. Good luck

10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
I don't know what the long term effects are, but I know the officers on it our dropping a lot of pounds quick

10-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Do you have a phone number and location for Lynch/Baker?

Thanks for the great info. Glad it's working for you.

10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Here's the skinny....Most officers at TPD go to Dr. Armstrong or Dr. Garcia. They will charge you somewhere about $250 for a start up fee and then $60 or $65 weekly after that. That includes a B12, I think a B6 shot, and 1 weeks worth of Phendametrazine (mild-amphetamine), they will also recommend taking Calcium Pyruvate which can be bought at GNC.

Now, There's also Dr. Rodriguez...He will charge $150 for the start up fee and its $50 weekly after that. Dr. Rodriguez will give you the B12 and the B6 shot weekly, but he will give you a prescription for the Phendametrazine, which you must fill. Most insurances dont cover this drug. The cheapest I have found it is at Sams Club for $10.88, and if you are not a member at Sams, Target will price match anywhere, so you can get it there. Places like Walgreens or CVS will charge about $18 for the prescription. He will also recommend Calcium Pyruvate

Now, the cheaper version is with Dr. Barker, Dr. Lynch and Dr. Hebblewhite. They will charge you $120 for a start up fee, but if you are able to get your labwork and EKG from your primary care and bring it to your initial appointment they will only charge you a $75.00 start up fee. After that it will cost you $45 weekly. This will get you a meeting with the doctor each time (I dont know how Dr. Armstrong or Garcia is, but I know that you will only see Dr. Rodriguez on your initial visit and then you will never see him again). Anyway, like I said you will see the Dr. on each visit. The weekly visits will consist of a B12 shot, they will give you the Phendametrazine pills (not just a prescription), they will give you 1 weeks work of Fiber pills and 1 weeks worth of Chromium Picolanate (they dont harp on taking any Calcium Pyruvate, but they leave that up to you). And if you pay for 2 weeks up front they will shave 10 bucks off and charge you $80 and that gets you the 2 weeks of the Phendametrazine, fiber and Chromium, but it will only give you 1 shot of B12 because you skip 1 weeks visit. You will also get a pretty comprehensive book that gives you the amounts of carbs in just about anything you can think of, even the entrees at your more common restaurants

Now, the diet pretty much follow along a modified Atkins diet. No breads, pastas, pototoes, etc. You can pretty much have whatever you want as long as its low carb. Dr. Barker, Lynch and Hebblewhite push a low fat low calorie diet and not so much on the low carb, but whatever works for you.

Does it work? Well I can tell you this, the Phendametrazine pills really do take the cravings away, you will find yourself feeling full and you wont eat as much. Some have said that the pills give you a "speed" type feeling but I have not felt that. The weight will shed easily and quickly and you wont feel hungry. You might crave something here and there but you can control it pretty easily (and trust me I love to eat).

The problem lies in what happens when you shed the weight and get to your ideal weight. Well, Im not really sure, but obviously they can pile up pretty quickly after you stop. Most of the doctors have a maintenance type plan in which once you hit your goal weight you can go less and not take as much of the medicine, but I am not there yet so I dont know.

Be prepared to drink a lot of water and have a water bottle with you at all times. They will stress that you must drink 1 gallon of water daily, but you will find you may be drinking more because the Phendametrazine will dehydrate you (I average about 2 to 2.5 gallons daily) and be prepared to spend a lot of time in the bathroom.

Listen out for new doctors doing this diet. As the popularity increases you may find cheaper doctor out there that are offering it for a less price. I started at Dr. Rodriguez and I switched to Dr. Lynch/Barker. It can get pretty costly but for a difference ot about $60 savings monthly in the switch, its work it.

This of course is my opinion and my experience with the diet, I'm sure there are others that have a different experience. Good luck

So, what this poster is really saying is...........These "Doctors" are scamming these guys by putting them on a low crab diet(which works if you use lean proteins and veggies) and they are giving them shots of vitamins they can get much much cheaper even at high priced GNC. Reminds me of what P.T.Barnum said !!!

10-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Wow, what a long post by "on it."

It's a shame that during that entire post, EXERCISE wasn't even mentioned ONCE.

Too many people these days are looking for a magic pill, magic shot, or magic diet and don't want to do any real work to lose weight. I know one individual on this diet, and I can assure you that this person avoids exercise like the plague.

If you're overweight and aren't going to change your lifestyle, you're not going to keep the weight off, no matter what shot you get.

10-17-2006, 03:46 PM
The phone number is 932-5389...Good luck

10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh I forgot to mention on the previous post...I like the "scam" comment, its pretty good. Anyway the pills that are given take away any hunger or cravings, it is above the recommended dose that is why you must be monitored weekly. If you do buy the medicine over the internet, be careful, because if you work for TPD and have a piss test, you will show up with Amphetamines in your system, and all you need to refute that is the prescription that is given to you by your doctor. You can buy the pills over the Internet, but beware the piss test.

10-19-2006, 07:45 PM
It is not a magic diet or pill AND the information provided by Dr Garcia has two pages on the exerise you should do in conjuction with the diet.

It even goes as far as to give you a work out schedule if you are unable or unwilling to make your own.

It is not at all like the Atkins Diet...so who ever wrote that is misinformed. If anything, it would follow more closely the South Beach Diet...

Don't knock it... if someone is willing and able to put out the money to be monitored by a doctor for a weight loss and exercise plan... and that is HOW THEY CHOOSE to do it... then more power to them. At least they are taking an active interest in their health, which is more than I can say for most.

IF you are the type of person that thinks that it is a scam or you can do it on your own... then by all means do it. Actions speak louder than words.

Don't be negative about a person's choice to better their life... it only makes you look jealous...

10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
It is not a magic diet or pill AND the information provided by Dr Garcia has two pages on the exerise you should do in conjuction with the diet.

It even goes as far as to give you a work out schedule if you are unable or unwilling to make your own.

It is not at all like the Atkins Diet...so who ever wrote that is misinformed. If anything, it would follow more closely the South Beach Diet...

Don't knock it... if someone is willing and able to put out the money to be monitored by a doctor for a weight loss and exercise plan... and that is HOW THEY CHOOSE to do it... then more power to them. At least they are taking an active interest in their health, which is more than I can say for most.

IF you are the type of person that thinks that it is a scam or you can do it on your own... then by all means do it. Actions speak louder than words.

Don't be negative about a person's choice to better their life... it only makes you look jealous...

I said it is a SCAM, and it is. Proper Diet and Exercise works just fine. But by all means throw your money away, P.T. loves you .

P.S. Did you say TWO WHOLE pages on exercise LOL WOWWWWW

10-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Not only will you put MORE weight back on after dieting there can be long term cardiac effects from diets of this type. The basic premisis of these type diets change the natural PH of your body thus speed metabolism. Think about it. The only diet that works is god's diet. Eat fewer calories than you burn....it's that simple folks with no long term health consequences. We can all use to loose a few pounds but should do it the healthy way.

10-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Go to the gym and zip your mouths. Diets like that do have long term affects. Try eating better.

10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I would bet most of the responses that are arrogantly spouting to eat healthy and work out are those of you who never had a weight problem or persons with faster metabolism's that lose weight easily. Not everyone is built or designed the same.

There are many people that do follow a workout schedule or eat properly and still have difficulty losing weight... far be it from any of us to condemn a serious committment to lose weight on their part.

How they do it is up to them... it is their choice to deal with long term effects. Why do you all have to be so negative about everything?

It doesn't matter what anyone on this sight says...there are those of you apparently lives such miserable live's yourself that you must ALWAYS be negative about someone else's post.

Is it that you revel in negativity? Are so insecure yourselves that you can't ever compliment or be positive for someone else? Or is it jealousy in that you can't afford a diet program like that? Whatever your reason, those of you who digest another's post and then spew sarcasism and negativity about them... it's SAD... get a life.

10-24-2006, 04:52 AM
Go to the gym and zip your mouths. Diets like that do have long term affects. Try eating better.
I hafta agree with this, well said.

I love cheese and you can tell that by looking at my butt. But I am running and trying to get low fat cheese and running some more. GUESS WHAT, I'm dropping pounds and inches all by getting off my fat butt!! Try it, it works!!
Don't say you don't have time to exercise because you have already proven yourself wron, you have tme to go to the fat doctor, use that time. Haaaah!
-Raenisha Williams Reno911/ Manatee S.O.

10-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Congratulations! You have a metabolism that allows you to eat your low fat cheese, run and are still able to lose weight. Good for you. Not everyone has that luxury. So as long as they have found something that works for them and are willing to incur the expense, why don't you just support them. Its not always about being lazy....

10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I've been on the diet since August. I'd be happy to tell you about it in person. I work late-mids in D2.

Kim Plourde-Torres

10-24-2006, 09:45 PM
The diet does work but don't be fooled. As soon as you stop getting the shots and taking the medication the pounds start rolling back on to include a few extra pounds. There are several people at the department that have paid the money and gotten shots for almost a year but they are currently adding the pounds on. For this program to work, you would need to stay on the maintenance program for years. Quite honestly, you can get a personal trainer for $40-$50 a session. It would be better to go a few sessions a week until you have established a new life style. You can then take what you have learned and apply it at a gym. I applaud the people that are trying to lose weight but eating nutritiously and exercise are the only sure ways to change your bad eating habits.

10-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Kim, if you don't mind answering a question. Which Doctor are you using and do you have their number.

Thank you.

10-25-2006, 05:10 AM
I too have been on the diet since August...I use Dr. Barker, Lynch, and Hebblewhite.....Have found them to be the cheapest (same meds given)

10-25-2006, 05:05 PM
The vitamin shots are a waste of time and money, its a way for the doctor to get $$ from you on a weekly basis. The vitamin shots are water based B-12 and B-6, the are out of you system hours after the shot is given. A 30ml bottle of Vitamin 12 only costs $15 anyway. The cravings that are being talked about disappear withing a week when you follow the low carb diet correctly, after being on the low carb diet you lost the sugar and carb cravings. No pill in the world is going to give you permanent fat loss, its a life style diet. If you follow the diet the fat stays away, and if you go off the diet and resume normal carbohydrate eating you will again gain the fat weight. Did the Dr. tell you about the amphetimine side affects, the jitters, heart palpatations, and if you have high blood pressure beware of those meds. Trust me I know what I am talking about, those that read this and know me will vouch for me. I am a perfect example of the low carb dieter. I am lean and ripped when I follow it and you can see me on International stages with the best bodybuilders in the world, but when I dont follow the diet, I have the same fat gains as everyone else...its a life style diet.

Richie

11-04-2006, 06:39 PM
I have been taking my cromium pecolinate 400mcg once a day, taking a men's daily health tablet and drinking over 1 gallon of water a day with my crystal light plus walking/running until my side hurts...(u do the math) and over the last 2 months i have dropped over 25 lbs with really no big lifestyle changes except limiting my sugar and breads.
total cost is minimal....Remember...eating healthy does cost more.
thanks and good luck

11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
I go to Dr. Garcia. I don't have the number handy but this part of his business is called Body Image Laser Institute. It's at Granada/MacDill. He is a medical doctor and also a licensed gyn. As with many doctors, he has branched out to address other popular cosmetic concerns.

I agree with Ritchie, it does require a lifestyle change. You need to exercise, drink at least a gallon of water a day and eat lean proteins, veggies and some fruits. If you think you can drop the weight and go back to your former way of eating, you're setting yourself up for failure. It was that lifestyle that got you fat and unhealthy to begin with.

The vitamin B shots are simply to boost energy while dieting. It is a combination of B6, B12 and one more I don't remember right now. The injections are supposedly absorbed in the body better than taking oral vitamins. From the folks I've talked to, women are effected by it more than men. There are clinical trials which have addressed this on the Internet.

I am happy with the results. I definitely wanted something that would give me fast results to aid in the mental/emotional boost. I am down several sizes already and haven't reached my goal weight yet. Have I sneaked in other foods? Yes, and I've regretted it. Some of my favorite foods now make me feel bloated, which really is a good thing. Pizza really didn't taste that good anymore. Any diet that encourages more natural foods will have the processed foods taste less appealing.

If you do well in your own style, terrific. Keep it up!
The key is to do SOMETHING to keep healthy.

Kim

11-05-2006, 02:06 AM
I go to Dr. Garcia. I don't have the number handy but this part of his business is called Body Image Laser Institute. It's at Granada/MacDill. He is a medical doctor and also a licensed gyn. As with many doctors, he has branched out to address other popular cosmetic concerns.

I agree with Ritchie, it does require a lifestyle change. You need to exercise, drink at least a gallon of water a day and eat lean proteins, veggies and some fruits. If you think you can drop the weight and go back to your former way of eating, you're setting yourself up for failure. It was that lifestyle that got you fat and unhealthy to begin with.

The vitamin B shots are simply to boost energy while dieting. It is a combination of B6, B12 and one more I don't remember right now. The injections are supposedly absorbed in the body better than taking oral vitamins. From the folks I've talked to, women are effected by it more than men. There are clinical trials which have addressed this on the Internet.

I am happy with the results. I definitely wanted something that would give me fast results to aid in the mental/emotional boost. I am down several sizes already and haven't reached my goal weight yet. Have I sneaked in other foods? Yes, and I've regretted it. Some of my favorite foods now make me feel bloated, which really is a good thing. Pizza really didn't taste that good anymore. Any diet that encourages more natural foods will have the processed foods taste less appealing.

If you do well in your own style, terrific. Keep it up!
The key is to do SOMETHING to keep healthy.

Kim

Good for you and Good luck. Now I have a question. Why would you need to "boost energy" if in fact you are eating a healthy diet of lean protein,veggie and fruits and getting exercise?

11-05-2006, 05:00 PM
YOUR ALL GOING TO HAVE HEART ATTACKS...IF YOU KEEP DOING THIS DO YOUR BODY. :devil:

11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
But at least we will look good in our caskets.....Anyway, try Dr. Barker, Lynch and Hebblewhite.....$40.00/weekly and that includes your Phendemetrazine pills, Chromium Picolante and Fiber pills. Cheapest around town, easy to get in to see and its the same meds as Garcia and others....The real test is when you take the meds for too long your body will become immune to them so they have to take you off the meds for several months so your body can then get used to not having them. That is the test. If you can stay on the diet for those 2 months, you should be good

11-06-2006, 12:38 PM
YOUR ALL GOING TO HAVE HEART ATTACKS...IF YOU KEEP DOING THIS DO YOUR BODY. :devil:

Maybe they will maybe they won't but one thing is for sure.............they will all end up FATTER after they go off this"medical program" aka SCAM than they started at. It's so sad to see all this misdirected energy.

03-08-2007, 05:25 AM
It has been several months since this post was alive. I was wondering how you all are making out on the diet.

I am approx 35 pounds over weight and I need to get these pounds off now. I started an exercise program and started to eat healthier.

Can this diet help me?

Thanks

03-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I lost 40 lbs. from August to November....After a while my body got used to the medicatin so I went off of it and I am still off of it. I have maintained. The M.D. told me to wait about 2 - 3 months before starting again. No complaints here

03-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Wow, great job. What type of exercise is involved. That's a lot in 4 months. Where's the Dr.'s office located and phone number.

Thanks for the info.

03-09-2007, 07:35 AM

At least they will be covered under the heart/lung bill :lol:

03-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I use Dr. Barker, Hebblewhite and Lynch...They are on N. Florida Avenue. 932-5389

03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I lost 25 lbs going to Dr Garcia and I cheated at least twice a week. It works and its easy. I have always worked out, however my diet has been poor for the past three years. This has jump started me into a healthier way of life. Because, I have woorked out out for all these years, I can now see my muscles again. That is a good feeling. I am now being weened off of the pills and I trying to watch what I eat. I am not going to gain it back because I feel as if I look great. It even boosted my confidence and I did not even need that. I recommend this to anyone. :P

03-13-2007, 09:03 PM

At least they will be covered under the heart/lung bill :lol:

MAYBE, MAYBE NOT!!!!!!