PDA

View Full Version : PBA meeting tonight

10-14-2006, 03:36 AM
I along with about 29 others members of this department met with the PBA reps at the hotel tonight and they explained (in great detail) this contract. I thought at least 150 officers would be there, but no, I was wrong. If you dont have all the facts (and I am talking about the so called facts from this site) then please go to the next meeting and get them from the horses' mouth.

I was really surprised at the low turn out. I guess all the people that post on here are just a random few that post here over and over as different people. GET INVOLVED PLEASE!

ok, I'm off the soap box.

Please note I did not say if I was voting YES or NO on the issue.

10-14-2006, 04:22 AM
I read the contract on the PBA website. I can figure things out for myself, and am amazed that this is the best that the PBA could come up with. Also, why would you have a meeting on a Friday or Saturday when most people are busy during those times? Some people do have families, plans and a life.

There are some positive things in this contract, but unfortunately not enough for me. I still would like to know the results of the survey that the PBA put out. For some reason they have never posted it or said what they were. I don't remember seeing a block to change the time periods of grievances. I also didn't see one about keeping my gun after 20 years. How about the people that own their own? Do they get money instead?

We have been down this road too many times in the past, and I for one think they could have done better. My vote still stands as a "NO". The PBA bargained for this, do you think in a meeting they are going to tell you anything other than to try and sell this to you? They agreed to this with the City and are going to tell you that this is the best. Best BS that is.

10-14-2006, 04:36 AM
The survey issue was addressed and they had a good point. If it was posted then those cards would have been on the table for ALL to see. I was happy with the explaination that was presented and the ideas that followed. Good job KEVIIN and all involved, I'm sure it will be voted down but whats next??

reddog1
10-14-2006, 12:15 PM
I went to the meeting last night and out of the 29 or so that were there I counted only about 20 that were non-PBA reps. I was disappointed we didn't have a better showing. I thought with as hot as the conversation has been with this we would have a similar turn out to what we had a few years ago at the fireman's hall. I went to see if the PBA would hard sell the contract as the best thing since sliced bread. I did not find that to be the position that was taken. Yes, they believe this is about the best the city will offer and further, there is not much hope for grandiose improvements should we go to impasse. I was allowed to state my perspective without interuption. I stand by my original position that I will not endorse the city's offerings by a yes vote. I made that clear and was not insulted or belittled by the PBA as has been the case with past PBA administrations. My hope is, if this gets voted down we unite behind the PBA and make it clear what we expect to see as a fair offer from the city and fight forward as one. God bless all the police men and women.

10-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Also, why would you have a meeting on a Friday or Saturday when most people are busy during those times? Some people do have families, plans and a life.

Wow, you truely are a dumb a$$ :roll: . This contract is about your family, your future plans and your live.

10-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Yes, he is an idiot. His posts are always ignorant and this is just yet another example. Friday and Sat are the best times to plan, such as Sat no school for the kids.....etc.
I was also at the meeting. I will vote yes, I think this is a good contract and when you talk to guys that tell you it is the best in 25 years at the department then what do you have to fight over. Sure we should get paid more, all the cops around should. But we are getting better than most and I think Kevin did a good job. We will look greedy and lose the citizen support that we do have. I respect the no votes as well, I just gave my opinion and to each his own. City Council will shake our hands and tell us they appreciate us, but then not be able to do anything and then we are stuck with a one year contract. What happens then?

10-14-2006, 02:41 PM
This is to the previous posters. I think you both need a partition between your imagination and your facts. You both apparently have not been here prior to the days of the internet. Both of you will probably come back and say how you have been here 20 years.

Do you remember voting for a zero percent wage? How about voting to work and extra 40 minutes a day, but not get paid for it because it was for you lunch? Or how about the 4% multiplier? Remember, "it's a done deal".

The contract is posted on the internet. I can read, and do not need the ones that negotiated it to sell it to me. Yes this is all about family and the future. Maybe one day you will realize that when you make more money, that means you will receive more when you retire.

Also, how many people are actually going to use the vest voucher? There will be some, but it will even be close to half of the members. As I have said, there are some good benefits to the contract. Just not enough for me.

So I along with countless others that did not go to the meeting will vote "No". By the way, don't you ever get tired of having yourself around?

10-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I too saw no reason to attend. I have read the proposed contrcat and am voting No. The only reason for said meeting was to allow the PBA to pat themself on the back on how hard they worked for us. I've been to several such meetings in the past and all have been the same.

10-15-2006, 04:26 AM
I did not attend the magic show either. Without the internet and LeoAffairs, I most likely would have attended. I read the changes to the new proposed contract. I don't need a summary or anyone's opinion of it.

Still voting NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Excellent, you are basing your vote on the internet and LEOaffairs. We are going downhill fast brothers.

10-17-2006, 01:42 AM
tpd3033 read the post. My vote is based on reading the entire contract proposal. It was listed on the wcfpba site and leoaffairs. but i'm sure you will ask your Sgt. which way you should vote.