PDA

View Full Version : This is how you stop Auto Theft

10-02-2006, 10:55 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006 ... 0the%20job (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2006/10/2/187478.html?title=Tough%20first%20day%20on%20the%2 0job)

10-03-2006, 12:26 AM
THEY WILL KEEP FIGHTING CRIME, AND WE WILL KEEP PULLING CONTROLS AFTER THE FACT.

SEE CHUBBY, IT'S THAT EASY - ALLOW YOUR BROTHERS IN UNIFORM TO CAUSE THESE CRIMINALS FEAR THE POLICE AGAIN...IF NOT, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO COMMIT CRIMES IN OUR CITY, AND WAVE TO US AS THEY DRIVE AWAY. SERIOUSLY, CAN YOU BLAME THEM? IT IS A FREE RIDE IN ST PETE!!

WE ARE A LAUGHING STOCK SOUTH OF CENTRAL, AND IT NEEDS TO CHANGE. OTHERWISE ALL THAT WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE IS/ARE GLORIFIED REPORT WRITERS IN UGLY UNIFORMS.

I'M OUT - LIKE MY TASER IS FROM MY BELT...

10-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Does anyone wonder why the car insurance rates are HIGHER in Pinellas County than elsewhere? If there was a pursuit policy and Auto Thefts went DOWN rathat than UP over 300 percent, perhaps our insurance rates would go back down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil: :devil: :devil:

10-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Just from an outsiders perspective, why doesnt your union bring this up to the chief along with the several other problems everyone is upset about?

10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
10-50 and the car flees, GO GET EM, and do not stop until you do get em, or as your chief, I am not going to be very happy you failed to do your job as an officer!

The bad guys WILL get the picture soon enough!

10-03-2006, 04:09 PM
The earlier post has it right. The PBA and FOP leaders should both be in front on issues and be a voice for LEOs. Why are they so silent when the chain of command is so screwed up?

10-03-2006, 07:10 PM
there really is nothing to fear, 4 administators vs 540+ officer voices, its a sure shot win. What are they going to do suspend the entire department?

10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
"What are they going to do suspend the entire department?"

Hell, yes.

10-04-2006, 05:14 PM
haha ok then, point well taken :shock:

10-04-2006, 10:17 PM
The unions have attempted to get the chief to change some of the policies. He is hard headed and directed by people who don't want us to be able to enforce the law in the black communities. The problems are at the top and you bet your arse that they will suspend anyone who even thinks about violating their policies.

10-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I know everyone is blaming Harmon but the real culprits are Go and Baker. Harmon would have to go through them to change any of the policies. I'm not a Harmon fan but Go and Baker need to be held accountable for the fall of SPPD. The mayor has the total power over the city.

Correct me if I'm wrong!!

It would be nice if Grady Judd was in charge though.

04-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Tell me this CHUCKY AND RICK, why the hell can PCSO get away with chasing a stolen vehicle??? Even when the suspect wrecks???
It's sort of funny how we can do it AND THE SUSPECT WRECKS!!!!
We don't get sued, no one starts a riot, etc...
That's because citizen's know the PCSO will kick your ass!!!
If the chief would follow former Sheriff E. Rice and current Sheriff Jim Coats...St. Pete would be a much nicer place to live for all.
My wife's vehicle was stolen around Tyrone Mall back in 06, she called SPPD, they said they would call her back...they called back 20 minutes later...she was left standing in a dark parking lot while they took the report over the phone...I showed up 30 minutes later in my patrol car only to find out SPPD still didn't enter the SIGNAL 10 in NCIC/FCIC
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???
It wasn't entered until I personally called them and told them to do it!!!
Five hours went by...I ran the tag...it can up empty...I called back and this time they told me it was entered...while the operator was on the phone with me I ran it again through NCIC/FCIC and NOTHING!!!
I told her who I was and asked her why she lied to me...She didn't have much to say...I spoke with a Lt. and a half hour later it was entered...THANKS A LOT SPPD AND CHUCK
The vehicle was found abandoned in south St. Pete at 3 am....what a surprise...It one thing if you guys aren't aloud to chase stolen vehicles, but other agencies in the county and state are authorized to do so...SO PLEASE START DOING YOUR DAMN JOBS!!!!
I KNOW NOT ALL SPPD OFFICERS ARE LIKE THIS, FOR THE ONE'S WHO AREN'T WE HAVE QUITE A FEW OPENINGS IN THE SO FOR GOOD COPS.