PDA

View Full Version : LMAO!-----FROM THE PBA WEBSITE

10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
A tentative agreement has been reached between the PBA and the City:

Here are the highlights: 4.5%, 4.0% and 4.0% for three years.

MPO: FY 2007: $68685.76, FY08: $71432.43 FY09: $74289.29
CPL/Det: FYO7: $76531.65 FY08: $79592.26 FY09: $82775.95
Sgt: FYO7: 84186, FY08: $87553.45 FY09: $91055.88

The entire contract will be up on the PBA website within the next couple of days.
Please take the time to review the contract. There are numerous enhancements that will be listed on Tuesday.

A tentative agreement has been reached by the PBA and the City?
If you ask me, the PBA should have stuck to their guns, and not accepted anything less than 5-5-5. 5-5-5 or walk out!

Well, I hope all you members out there have some sense and vote this thing down because it is B.S. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

VOTE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-02-2006, 09:52 PM
VOTE NO, STAND UNITED-STAND STRONG!

10-02-2006, 09:56 PM
It's probably not a terrible contract when you look at all of the changes. BUT this is our best chance ever to get a good contract with the drastic cuts in crime. I will be voting NO and hopefully the majority will as well.

10-02-2006, 10:03 PM
If all the other things I hear are true (three hours court time, increased shift diff, standby pay, etc.), I also don't think it sounds like a bad contract. It's better than the last one that we got and contrary to what some people may think, the city really isn't that rich. The city is still paying on lots of debt from previous administrations.

That said, I'll still vote no. IMO, it's somewhat stupid to accept the first offer. Even if renegotiations only get us an extra 1-1.5% over the life of the contract, it would still send the message that we expect to be compensated accordingly for our hard work.

10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
If you do the math thats not much per pay check. Between last years increase in health premiums, its all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-02-2006, 10:25 PM
THE WISHY WASHY VOTES ARE STARTING TO COME OUT!

SAD SAD SAD! :cry: :cry: :cry:

THAT IS WHY THE CITY AND THE ADMINISTRATION WILL CONTINUE TO PUSH US AROUND AND THE PBA WILL NOT DO A BETTER JOB AT REPRESENTING US. THE MEMBERSHIP ALWAYS CAVES IN. tHIS IS B.S., I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS OR THAT. BUT THE TIME COMES TO STAND OUR GROUND AND REMAIN UNITED, WE DON'T.

THIS IS THE SAME MENTALITY THAT HURTS US WHEN OTHER ISSUES COME UP, SUCH AS DISCIPLINE.

10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Between Inflation and Health Ins we are already behind if we accept this slap in the face !

10-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Pretty good? You need counseling if you think this contract is any kind of good. Unless you're an FTO.

Listen...voting down this piece of toilet paper will NOT make anything worse. If you have any self respect, VOTE NO!

10-02-2006, 11:47 PM
VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING LES THAN 5/5/5 :x :x

10-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Between Inflation and Health Ins we are already behind if we accept this slap in the face !

Wait until you retire to complain about Health Ins. costs.

10-03-2006, 12:46 AM
A tentative agreement has been reached between the PBA and the City:

Here are the highlights: 4.5%, 4.0% and 4.0% for three years.

MPO: FY 2007: $68685.76, FY08: $71432.43 FY09: $74289.29
CPL/Det: FYO7: $76531.65 FY08: $79592.26 FY09: $82775.95
Sgt: FYO7: 84186, FY08: $87553.45 FY09: $91055.88

The entire contract will be up on the PBA website within the next couple of days.
Please take the time to review the contract. There are numerous enhancements that will be listed on Tuesday.

A tentative agreement has been reached by the PBA and the City?
If you ask me, the PBA should have stuck to their guns, and not accepted anything less than 5-5-5. 5-5-5 or walk out!

Well, I hope all you members out there have some sense and vote this thing down because it is B.S. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

VOTE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The median household income in Tampa is under $35,000. Now I know how to spell greed = TPD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/atari_uno/money.gif

10-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Viewed from the outside

"The median household income in Tampa is under $35,000. Now I know how to spell greed = TPD. "

You are such a Foolish Pesron !

10-03-2006, 02:11 AM
Greed - are you kidding? There are two main classes of people in Tampa. Those on public assistance (who account for more than 30%, and bring down the median household income - but then again they don’t work). Then there are those who work in corporate America - guess what they are in the $150,00+ category. Who do you think is buying all those 1/2 million condo's downtown (700+) at last count, or all those million dollar + homes in New Tampa.

I'll tell you who is not buying those homes - its the cops who put their life on the line every day for you. I know that you would rather pay us closer towards the public assistance level - but we would like to be paid closer to what we would get in a corporate job, especially since we work for a living rather than sit around - and on top of that we put our lives on the line for you. Remember, its not just our lives we risk - but the future of our families (who may go fatherless).

We are far from over paid... now I admit there is a small third class of worker i.e. 7-eleven, or the uneducated/unskilled. IS this the class of worker you put us in? How about taking my job for a night (I’ll even throw in the depends and wipes for ya).

A real cop!

10-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Once again, the PBA has folded. Anyone that votes Yes to ratify this contract is foolish. A few perks does not make the contract good for everyone. The PBA has tried to throw in a few bones to certain groups, while it ignores others. The City knows that we will vote this down, and then are going to try the 5,4,4. That is also laughable. But. we should send a strong message to the PBA and overwhelmingly defeat this contract and only then will the PBA see that the Members are for real. How about first presenting 6,5,4 and then we will know that you are serious.

10-03-2006, 06:15 AM
One reason among many others that the city has attempted to punk us is the fact that many weak police officers have stated that a 555 is OK with them. If this passes I will personally demand a Supervisor of Elections investigation. Anyone who votes yes on this is a fu#%ing moron. 76K in 2008. Big deal. 76K now is an average income today.

To any idiot civilian who thinks we are overpaid, why can't the city find qualified people to hire. Because educated people, and I'm not talking about our staff Nova and ST leo graduates, will not work nights, weekends, in filthy public housing and trailer parks, deal with violent criminals, hiv positive prostitutes, disgusting homeless people, and any other vile situation the public can't handle. When the sh@%^&t hits the fan, who gets called. A real estate agent, a judge, a lawyer, a doctor, a construction worker? Hell NO! It's that lazy cop who sits around all day doing nothing. Eating donuts and violating poor honest citizens civil rights.

I challenge any civilian who thinks we make too much money to apply, complete the academy, and work the street for even a few months.

This ain't no BS either. City hall is continously accepting applications for Police Officer. My slot will be open very soon.

Attention current active TPD officers. Don't embarrass yourself and vote this insult of a contract in. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-03-2006, 07:07 AM
In dollars effective. 10/06
$68, 685.76 MPO Base pay
$750.00 Longevity 10 years
$3,170.00 Holiday Pay
$1,920.00 Shift differential Mids
$1,664.00 Shift differential Eves
$1,530.00 Education/Incentive Money
$396.25 Master Shooter Pay
$396.25 Safe Driver (I year)
$2760.00 FTO Pay
$1800.00 Specialty Pay
Paid vacations
Paid sick days
Free car with Gas
One of the best pensions around.
Step increases of 4.5% a year for officers below MPO in addition to COLA .
3.0 Min court time

In my 12 years this is the best contract EVER offered by the city. Its fair and should be voted yes.

10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
In my 12 years this is the best contract EVER offered by the city. Its fair and should be voted yes.

This is the problem at TPD. Our PBA is so horrible at negotiations that this IS the best contract we've had in a long time. Just because the PBA negotiated a mediocre contract...and this IS mediocre--doesn't mean that we should vote for it! Those of us who have been here for some time are so used to the terrible contracts (that we somehow ratify anyway) that we think this one is great! What most people are too dumb to realize is that many of the added bonuses (shift diff increase, court time increase) are a LONG time coming. We've been lobbying for these things for ten years or more.

Vote no. Let the PBA take the contract to arbitration. Look at the people who have been negotiating the contract for the PBA. They are far from the mental giants of the police department. Anyone who believes them when they come into roll call and say "this is the best we're going to get" either has their head burried in the sand or is too stupid to see that we're getting hosed when the cost of living is taken into consideration. There are already rumors going around about the city's health insurance going up even more next year. How convenient that the contract will be signed before it's announced officially.....

10-03-2006, 12:35 PM
From fto's point of view. Somebody wrote the contract sucks unless your an fto. actually the d1 fto squad is voting no as far as i can tell. The extra pay is great, but we are all concerned about the BASE SALARY increase. I can't speak for d2 and d3 fto squads, but i hope they feel the same way about the 5-5-5 as we do in d1. I also heard that temple terrace received a 10-7-6 on their 3 year contract.

10-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Actually is was 7%-7.5%-8% and that was 2 years ago. We were so far behind though it only brought us up to the outskirts of your neighborhood.

We are watching with great interest and will offer our support for whatever you guys need. Contact our Dept. and ask who the FOP reps are we'll help.

10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Wine Wine Wine, isn't there anything to talk about. I'm tired of reading on how unfair we get treated and PBA this and pension that. Do some work. What about the officer and his family that lost his life the other day. We are the highest paying agency around. Stop *****ing

10-03-2006, 02:32 PM
...like learn how to spell - learn how to spell whine, not wine!

10-03-2006, 02:35 PM
We met today at 1430 to continue contract negotiations.

We already had on the table 4.5-4.5-4 (13%)

Last week the city offered 4-3.5-3. (11.5%)

Today the City offered 4-4-3 (11%). We said No to that amount.

They took a break and came back with MAYOR PAM IORIO who offered the amount of 4.5-4-4 =12.5.

4.5-4-4=12.5 is the agreed upon amount to take to vote.

I guess the Mayor likes the fire dept. better than us since they got 5-5-5.

10-03-2006, 03:22 PM
If someone makes 40,000 a year and gets a 5% COLA, they now make 42,000. If someone makes 65,000 a year and gets a 4.5% COLA they now make 68,000.00. A higher percentage does not always equate to a higher dollar amount for two separate groups.

Percentages are great for manipulation, I'm sure the teachers loved the 10% raise they got, wow, they now make $35,000.00 a year instead of $32,000.

Going to arbitration may not yield the result of more money, I'm not sure an arbitrator is going to feel sorry for one of the best paid police agencies, coupled with all they perks. On average we have a $10,000 edge on every other agency in the area.

Pay Scales Start Max

Tampa $42,276.00 $68,685.00
Temple Terrace $37,750.00 $57,610.00
HCSO $38,154.00 $59,273.00 (42 hr work week)
St. Pete $39,527.00 $57,716.00
Pasco $35,297.00 $56,621.00

10-03-2006, 03:29 PM
why are you comparing us to smaller agencies for? that has nothing to do with us at tpd!!!!! stop trying to curtail the main issue about tpd wages. we are NOT the highest paid in the state for one. quit looking down, and try to look up for once!

Courage78
10-03-2006, 03:38 PM
To that person who compared Temple Terrace to TPD...You cannot compare an agency who has 50 officers to that of TPD who has over 1,000 and a population far greater than Temple Terrace. I gurantee that if you look at other agencies with over 1,000 officer with the population we have and that skyrocketing median house prices, those agencies will be paid higher salaries or have better benefits.

Please do everyone justice and compare comparables. Do not compare Temple Terrace with TPD! That is a joke.

10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Its ok to use Temple Terrace when you want to compare COLA "percentages", but when you start comparing real numbers, there different, You can't compare.

Unincorporated Hillsborough county has double the population and more officers, yet the trail us thousands of dollars. . Or maybe Miami would be a better comparison, 25%- higher cost of living down there... starting pay 37,877 top 64,861.00 Hmmm higher cost of living, Insurance rates double of Hillsborough and yet they trail us several thousand of dollars.

Almost 70,000 a year as a police officer, paid holidays, vacation, sick, lifetime pension, company car with gas, longevity bonus, yet we are being shafted. I just don't see it that way; I guess having my wife drive a Camry instead of a BMW has blinded me to the suffering of my fellow officers.

10-03-2006, 05:57 PM
If someone makes 40,000 a year and gets a 5% COLA, they now make 42,000. If someone makes 65,000 a year and gets a 4.5% COLA they now make 68,000.00. A higher percentage does not always equate to a higher dollar amount for two separate groups.

Percentages are great for manipulation, I'm sure the teachers loved the 10% raise they got, wow, they now make $35,000.00 a year instead of $32,000.

Going to arbitration may not yield the result of more money, I'm not sure an arbitrator is going to feel sorry for one of the best paid police agencies, coupled with all they perks. On average we have a $10,000 edge on every other agency in the area.

Pay Scales Start Max

Tampa $42,276.00 $68,685.00
Temple Terrace $37,750.00 $57,610.00
HCSO $38,154.00 $59,273.00 (42 hr work week)
St. Pete $39,527.00 $57,716.00
Pasco $35,297.00 $56,621.00

At last someone has posted a message with reasonableness and logic! It's NOT all about percentages, it's about amounts of money.

The people who are shouting to go to arbitration might keep in mind that there is the possibility that they would ge ME for an arbitrator.

Greed is spelled TPD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/atari_uno/money.gif

10-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Remember that HCSO does not pay a dime into their pension. 2% current employee contribution is great but how long will that last. It was 1.8% last year but don't forget the 12.1% and 11.4% the two years prior. HCSO has much better health coverage also.

I realize those advocating a yes vote are idiot civilians who don't belong on this site. :evil: :evil:

Remember your Majors got 4950 bonus. That's a 7.5% raise for an MPO. But they made all the arrests.

Vote NO

10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Wine Wine Wine, isn't there anything to talk about. I'm tired of reading on how unfair we get treated and PBA this and pension that. Do some work. What about the officer and his family that lost his life the other day. We are the highest paying agency around. Stop *****ing

Get your head out of the sand. Contract and pension issues are two of the most important issues that effect any group of government employees. For you to say "an officer was killed last week, who cares about our contract!" is not only stupid, but a pathetic attempt at making a point. It's pretty low to bring a deceased officer into a thread about contract negotiations, just like it would have been low for the PBA to play his death as a reason why we need more money because of the dangers of the job.

If you don't want to read about contract and pension issues, simply don't read the threads. Nobody forces you to read them. I've got an even better idea. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT AND POST A THREAD ON IT! What a novel idea!

Oh, and it's true we're the highest paid agency around. Personally, I'd like to keep it that way. Whenever we're offered a mediocre contract, we should not accept it because "were the highest paid agency around." If we keep accepting contracts that give us marginal raises, we aren't going to be the highest paid around for very much longer. If you can't see that, you have real problems.

The problem with some people here is that they just don't see the big picture. With the crime reduction over the past few years, this is the ONE chance we have to get a good contract. We shouldn't accept this offer! I know that the PBA wants to focus on healthcare issues for our next contract, so we will be lucky in 2009 if we get a 3-3-3 if any agreement is reached on the healthcare issue.

THINK LONG TERM PEOPLE!

10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]Remember that HCSO does not pay a dime into their pension. 2% current employee contribution is great but how long will that last}

Remember HCSO pays 7% of their pay into social security and averages 10,000 less a year. When you pension is 1.8 or 2.05 they still pay 7% to uncle same. So thats another $4200 out of there check. So that puts them at around $14,000.00 less. If you were paying 12% into your pension you will still make over $4,000 more than them.

10-04-2006, 06:04 PM
PBA meeting with the city:

We met today at 1430 to continue contract negotiations. We already had on the table 4.5-4.5-4 which is 13%. Last week the city offered 4-3.5-3.

Today the City offered 4-4-3 =11%. We said No to that amount.

They took a break and came back with Mayor Pam who offered the amount of 4.5-4-4 =12.5

4.5-4-4=12.5 is the agreed upon amount to take to vote.

Other Enhancements:
Floating Holiday
Off-Duty Court from 2 to 3 hours
Shift Premiums, 60cents to 80cents for Evening shifts and $1.00 an hour for Mids.
Tuition - $1700
Special Payments FTO increase to $230 monthly; added Motor Units as specialty squad.
Life Insurance - $50,000 to $100,000
Incentive Leave/Pay - Safe Driver from 3years to 1 year
Overtime - 3 Holidays count for call outs, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year for Detectives, not counted as bad time.
Option on vest
Keep gun upon retirement
Can grieve pending file if handed down from an IA investigation only
Shift Bid stays the same
MPO evaluation meet expectation/average

If voted on by Oct 16, 2006 this would be retro from Oct. 1, 2006

VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not the money, it's the principal behind the issue. The Mayors and PIO should of not gotten a raise, plain and simple!!!! WE reduced the crime, not them. We did all the dirty work, not them. I didn't hear any Mayors taking S21's or S25's. and I have never hear a Mayor get into a S10 puruit.

STAND UNITED AND VOTE NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Current HCSO pay for Step 11 is 61042. I guess current TPD pay is 71042. WRONG !!! HCSO is also working on a Master Deputy pay scale. They only have a one year contract.

Social security is a seperate benefit that deputies will receive after retirement.

TPD pay should set the standard that helps pull other local agencies pay upward, not down.

7-6-6 and double longevity pay, maybe I will vote yes.
4.5-4-4 ahh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Attention active TPD union members. Stick together. Don't be fooled by the propaganda. VOTE NO !

10-04-2006, 07:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Has anybody heard anything about the health insurance? Remember last year when Humana was our only choice. Well, I heard that the only thing being offered this year is the PPO option.

Another reason to vote no!

10-04-2006, 07:26 PM
How about the lieutenant's contract? Has that been decided yet as well? Will they be getting the same raises?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Watch them get more than us.

If you ask me, they should get 4-3-3

and we should get between 15% and 20%,. Why, simple. We do all the dirty work.

15%-20%-----anything less should get voted down!

mod5
10-04-2006, 07:53 PM
The Lieutenants will get exactly what Officers and Sergeants do, and then some.

10-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Two observations:

1. We need to look into hiring professional negotiators. The city has one after all. I think our little band was completely starstruck when the mayor walked in. They can't even put her name on the website updates without using caps ("....and came back with MAYOR PAM IORIO.")

They also got schooled on the shift-bid issue. Do you really think the city gives a #$% about that? Maybe some brass and a few slugs at payroll but that's it. They dangled that out in front of us as a threat and when they took it back I'm sure our negotiators were patting them selves on the back over how they stood up to the city. I wish they had taken a 3 year shift bid to the members. That's about the only thing that might wake them up enough to shoot down a contract.

2. Do the research, come up with appropriate raises, refuse to go lower, and TAKE IT TO ARBITRATION. We have to show the city we're willing to do that or we have no leverage at all. Right now we like a kid begging daddy for a bigger allowance. For those wimps who say "if we go to arbitration we might get nothing"-- you're idiots. The city has to justify its proposals the same as we do. I think they'd have a hard time explaining why a 1-1-1 is fair. The guy who said this year was the golden opportunity was right. We have a lot of reasons to justify a good pay raise in front of an arbitrator.

Having said that, I am 100% sure we will blow it and ratify this agreement. Most people just don't pay enough attention.