PDA

View Full Version : enouh is enough

09-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Today's offer from the city was a joke for all. There is no negotiation with this government. They tell you how it is and that is all. We should shove this back in their faces and say no when it comes time to vote. Time to contact the press PBA, let's get this out there how BRADENTON DOES NOT WANT TO KEEP POLICE OFFICERS.

09-30-2006, 12:09 AM
did you every think of picketing? use your wives and children, hold your signs high and do it on manatee avenue and down in front of your building. maybe the mayor needs a reminder that he is acting like his former mayor. unfortunately, he is not a cop and does not know what your job entails. he would rather pay the new guys who don't know anything for at least several years and watch them leave for another agency that is run well rather than keep seasoned help. it's a different way of thinking and one that keeps a city from not growing and becoming what it needs to become.

09-30-2006, 10:47 AM
What was the offer?

09-30-2006, 12:41 PM
same as before, still far behind everyone else by thousands and thousands of dollars.

09-30-2006, 01:14 PM
When do we vote on it? I can't wait to say "No." And to whoever said to have our wifes picket on Manatee Av, they can't because they all work long hours so we all can have a decent living.

09-30-2006, 01:27 PM
The City thinks the PBA is greedy and thinks its time to ask MSO to take over the City. Say what you want but its saves the city lots and lots of money. So lets stay professional and continue to talk or you hot heads will bad mouth us right out of a job.
Consolidation is happening all over the State. And no we ALL will not be hired by MSO. They can hire us now for their vacancies but pass on us. So lets continue to talk--its called negioations!!!

09-30-2006, 03:05 PM
The day MSO takes over city duties will NEVER happen. I have no idea what kind of ridiclious scare tactic that is. The city can be mad all they want. For ONCE everyone is saying no, we are refusing to lay down and accept such a lame offer. No matter what other scare tactics the city tries to use. SAY NO!

09-30-2006, 03:28 PM
No matter what say "no". That is just great. I agree with a previous post about consolidation. Its all about the money so the City can do it and save big bucks. As long as the City is talking there is no impasse. And as a matter of fact the last offer was not too bad and a lot of us feel that way. It was a good offer -not what we want-but still not worth all the bad mouthing you are doing.

09-30-2006, 06:37 PM
The city uses the cry wolf "consolidation" too much. Be smart and think about this. Do you honestly think they would do something so stupid? Do you honestly think by doing that it would be free to the city? No, the county would charge the city, and what do you think the county would charge the city? Think about it, if it takes 130 new officers to cover the city's district, then they would have to hire everyone, would they hire you for less than what they pay their own? No. So they in turn would charge the city to pay for the officers it takes to cover the city at the rate they pay, which is more. Duh..... You vote No, stand up together, that is what a "union" is all about. You vote as ONE. One voice. It has more power. Put aside your petty differences aside and work together on something that will mean something to all of you for a long time.

09-30-2006, 09:49 PM
hey "Look Out" maybe the ones standing up to the city are actually worth what we are demanding for pay. I am not worried about getting hired by MSO if consolidation does happen, which it won't. Maybe if you spent less time on here and more doing your job you wouldn't be worried either.

"That Is Stupid" you sound a lot like the cowardly detective J.G. People like you, who have no back bone, are the reason that we are in such a bad position as it is. Stand up for once. If you are afraid of retaliation....it's okay you can hide behind me.

The last offer is a joke. Remember guys, sometimes you have to go out on a limb....that's where the fruit is at.

09-30-2006, 10:49 PM
First of all if the City govenment wanted to get rid of the Police they would need to change the city charter. The only way that will happen is by a vote from the citizens. The mayor and the coucil have no say when it come to this so don't believe the rumors, they are not true.

Second the city will never pass a charter change to get rid of the police department so relax, we went through this 10 years ago, it won't happen.

Third stand up and fight for what we deserve do not lie down and just accept what is offered. If we do nothing will change. If the mayor wants to keep his job he will smarten up.

09-30-2006, 10:58 PM
This is interesting, yes the city needs a charter change to lose the PD, yes it will never happen. Negotiations, what is that we ask? Well that would be both sides tryingt to work out the problems. What I have seen is that the city prior to "negotiations" approved a small amount of money for pay raises. This was approved for the current budget year. The city refuses to put more money in the pot, they just want to change the numbers around to make a majority happy. This is not a negotiation! When the city throws more money out there it will be. They said no to our offer and expect us to come down. We say no to their offer and they expect us to accept it. No matter how you throw the numbers around until the city opens the bank accounts and puts more money in, this will not be enough. Stay strong and united, we will win this one!

10-01-2006, 01:07 AM
For what BPD has accomplished in the past few years speaks for itself. National and State Accreditation, continous crime decrease for the past three years and lastly, the best cleared case ratio in the county. Speaking for myself, I am proud to be part of BPD and will continue to be. As far as the contract, I am disgusted from what the city thinks is good for us. BPD has done nothing but good things for this community and instead of thanking us by good raises, I will continue to work eighteen securites to be able to afford my morgage and take care of my family. The new contract might be good for some, however, it is not good for all, which is what we are trying to accomplish. After being slapped in the face for the third consecutive time with what the city thinks is fair, all I ask from our union as a whole is this. PUT OUT A VOTE FOR ALL UNION MEMBERS TO STOP CONTRACT TALKS ASAP. IF WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING YOU THINK IS FAIR...YOU NEED HELP. THE BALL IS IN OUR COURT NOT THEIRS. IF YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT THE NEXT TEN OFFERS ARE NOT GOING TO BE SIMILAR YOU ARE ON CRACK. TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS.

10-01-2006, 01:18 AM
WELL PUT!

10-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Hey stick up---You hit the nail on the head. BPD still fights the negative image from many years ago but in the last few years this place has really turned around and we do quality work. Now its time for quality pay!.

10-01-2006, 04:18 PM
No, You guy's are still a Joke

10-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I missed the meeting on Friday, what was there 1 yr and 2 yr offers we asked them to come back with? And to the "guest" who posted before me, stay off our board please. Or if you want to call us out use your name and stop being a coward 8)

10-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Let's stick to the topic please :lol:

10-04-2006, 03:14 AM
I am so glad to see that we are finally sticking together. Their offer is a joke and who ever thinks it sounds good really needs to take another look. i dont no what contract u are looking at but it isnt the one that I have seen. $4000.00 the first year and 3% the next two. that has to be the biggest slap in the face. Think how hard you work and what they are offering and then look at other agencies. does it compare. I dont think so. VOTE NO TO THE CITIES OFFER!!!!!!!!

10-04-2006, 05:00 PM
The only difference I saw in the latest offer from the city was an additional $2000.00 each step for sergeants. END TALKS NOW! GROW A SET THIERS AND END THIS!

Thiers
10-05-2006, 12:17 AM
The only difference I saw in the latest offer from the city was an additional $2000.00 each step for sergeants. END TALKS NOW! GROW A SET THIERS AND END THIS!

Please don't hide behind a screen name. Come and talk to me in person. I am just as frustrated as everyone else. Please, stick together and lets keep going. The end is not in sight.

Thiers

10-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Is the meeting still tomorrow at 130?

10-05-2006, 01:26 AM
Yes it is.

10-05-2006, 10:24 PM
So what happened today at the meeting?

10-06-2006, 12:46 PM
city cancelled meeting at the last minute again. rescheduled for tuesday the 10th at 1pm.

10-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Any news at the meeting??

10-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Chief stepped in and talked to City Hall and is trying to work a deal for us.

10-11-2006, 10:49 PM
he has been pushing city hall and heard he upset them this morning trying to get more money for us and also heard he worked a deal that we will see Wed. that gives us more.