PDA

View Full Version : Polk County shooting

09-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Here's another glaring difference between SPPD and other agencies. In today's shooting, Sheriff Grady Judd does not hesitate to provide information himself about his 2 deputies who were shot and killed and the third deputy with serious injuries ref to the immediate actions under way to capture the suspect.

You will hear Sheriff Judd, wearing his uniform, give specific info about what occurred, the lock down still in place at area schools, the shotgun-toting deputies on the roads now trying to locate the Jamaican-accent assailant, and a plea for the public's help. Fed'l, state, and local authorities are working cooperatively. In a sense, he is paving the way for their JUSTIFIED shooting in the court of public opinion.

Sheriff Judd has described it as a "heineous action" noting the Polk County SO "will not sleep, will not rest" until this person is brought to justice. He does not hesitate to say "it is not safe frankly" to be on the streets right now.

The superintendent of schools came on next to praise the quick actions of the SO to keep Lakeland students and citizens safe. He also praised school officials and students for their patience and cooperation.

Take a note, Police Chief Chuck Harmon: THAT'S what plain talking, truthful police officials look like. Instead of hiding behind a PIO, try it, beginning with multi-jurisdictional LEO events. Also visit the 2nd floor where uniform officers work.

09-28-2006, 11:06 PM
I am more ashamed today to be a member of this PD as I ever have. A 40 man SWAT team, a 12 member Street Crimes Unit, a K9 unit and we're sitting on our A#$es watching agencies from all over as far as ORLANDO, come down to assist in the manhunt for a COP KILLER. We are RIGHT NEXT DOOR HARMON and we have not budged. Whether we were requested or not, we should have been set and ready to go and he should have been calling and calling untill they said yes. Dont sit there and tell me those boys up there wont need releif tonight if it goes that far. I am ashamed to wear this departments uniform. Dont sit there and tell me we dont have the coverage. I only hope thatwhen the day comes we need that kind of help, those officers and theyre command staff dont shun us as we have them. Im sick of this.