PDA

View Full Version : pba caved

09-25-2006, 01:21 AM
vote down 5-5-5. the pba went from 20% to 15% way to quick and easy. the fire department got 6-6-6 last time. the shift bid is nothing but a decoy. of course if you idiots vote that in there is nothing i can do. i have little faith in the membership. prove me wrong. vote no and make the pba demand a good contract.

7-6-6 minimum
double shift differential
double longevity bonus
change court time to 4 hours straight time minimum ( insulates you from bad time if you dare to take a day off in the same week as court)

SHIFT BID IS NOT NEGOTIABLE UNLESS YOU WANT TO MAKE IT EVERY 6 MONTHS.
I'M VOTING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

09-25-2006, 05:17 AM
I have been around for many contracts, and wish to remind EVERYONE that this is the best opportunity we have had in a long time to get a decent raise. Some points to keep in mind: 1) The mayor likes the police, 2) The mayor is re-running this spring (something we have not had as leverage in a long time, 3) Crime is way down in Tampa, 4) Crime is not down in many other jurisdictions.

We can settle for 5, 5, 5 (or worse), or we can hold out for at least 6, 6, 6, along with some other benefits. If we hold out, we will get it with all the stars lining up as they are. May seem like only a 1% difference, but that’s about $650.00 a year for MPO, (or almost $2,000 by year three of the contract). Contact the PBA and let them know now that 5, 5, 5 is not going to cut it. :lol:

09-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I realize our contract is nothing like yours and can not even to compare to yours but the concept is the same. So I would like to share our story with you. Our contract came up for re-bid close to 2 years ago. We did not like the Mayor's option (she was drastically cutting our pay) so we held out. Nearly a year. But then I guess the Mayor decided to play hard ball with us and with held our cost of living increases that we get every fiscal year. For nearly 10 months we haggled. And do you know what happend. The Mayor finally said to bad take it or leave it. We were basically forced to take a serious pay cut in order to gain our cost of living raises back. So now if you get an outstanding on your eval you get a 3.0 % increase instead of a 6.5, Excellent now gets a 2.5 and fully meets gets a 2.0. So the people who would normally top out in 10 years will have to wait 15. Im not saying to give in, I think you guys deserve everything penny you can get. Im just saying be careful. They dont play fair.
Just a thought be safe everyone and good luck

09-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I MYSELF WILL VOTE NO
WHAT WILL THE REST OF THE MEMBERSHIP DO?

09-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I think we need to be realistic and wait to see what the PBA come to us with. It would be nice for a big raise, bonus, court overtime and many other things. Just rember be realistic and lets see what the PBA comes to us with.

09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
I think we need to be realistic and wait to see what the PBA come to us with. It would be nice for a big raise, bonus, court overtime and many other things. Just rember be realistic and lets see what the PBA comes to us with.

We are being realistic!

I'm over the 3-3-3 b.s.

09-25-2006, 08:46 PM
The Mayor finally said to bad take it or leave it. We were basically forced to take a serious pay cut in order to gain our cost of living raises back.

I guess you can't take your contract to arbitration? We can, and I think that if we did so, we'd get pretty much all that we're asking for. The city has money, other agencies in the area have gotten big raises, and no other agency in the area has a shift bid longer than a year. All three things will go in our favor. The contract should be voted down and sent to arbitration!