PDA

View Full Version : new taser policy

09-24-2006, 07:06 PM
the new taser policy begs for an answer to this; if you have to wait until you are in a "hands on" situation before you use your taser then what is the point of having it. i thought the whole point of the taser was to avoid physical confrontations. if im in a fight i don't think im going to pull my taser out as it might then be taken from me and used on me, seems to be the same as puling out your gun during a similiar situation. it appears that the chief would rather you get in a physical fight, risk getting hurt and having the suspect endure possible injury than to defuse the situation without any physical contact with the use of the taser. just another @$$ backwards decision by the chief and staff. i now am considering giving up the taser as it appears to be a liability than that of an asset.

09-25-2006, 01:06 AM
I used the thing twice and both times was within the "new" policy. Then a female midnight shift Sgt showed up, did what she does best which is yell and tell me I was wrong. So basically the Taser is useless b/c according to some I have to pretty much be battered to use it. Now whats going to happen is we will hesitate to use the items on our belt provided to us to do our job and end up getting hurt and killed b/c some supervisors in this dept don't really care what happens to us.

Lawman
09-25-2006, 02:06 AM
The hell with the taser...use your glock if someone is about to attack you. All you have to say is "I was afraid he was going to try to take my gun from me and kill me." Too bad we couldn't use the taser beforehand to prevent such a tragic death....

Picasso
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
The NEW policy was announced after taking the community's concerns into consideration. Obviously you missed the offical announcement which was introduced by Mayor Baker.....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/picassooo1/asskiss.jpg

09-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Alll you have to do is compare the three policies inside the Times metro section and realize what an idiot Harmon is. This is clarity? Tampa and our PCSO policies are short and sweet...and clear. Harmon's is confusing, says little of value, and smells of lunacy.

How dumb can you be, Chuck?

Moral Majority
09-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Alll you have to do is compare the three policies inside the Times metro section and realize what an idiot Harmon is. This is clarity? Tampa and our PCSO policies are short and sweet...and clear. Harmon's is confusing, says little of value, and smells of lunacy.

How dumb can you be, Chuck?

Are you kidding? Lunacy would be a step up for Chucky, his equal could only be an inanimate object.. say........ a door knob for instance. Because "Baker" and "Go" take turns making him talk! :lol:

CHUCKY CHEEEZE
09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
The NEW policy was announced after taking the community's concerns into consideration. Obviously you missed the offical announcement which was introduced by Mayor Baker.....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/picassooo1/asskiss.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There you have it! Any questions, b**ches?

El Guapo
09-26-2006, 07:33 PM
I heard a few people turned in their tasers to avoid any liability problems....sounds like a good idea, nice boycott.

09-26-2006, 09:46 PM
It's all simple math, my brothers & sisters. Add the components to equate to the answer. Compute it like this for easy explanation:

Excellent tool (taser)
+ Poor policy (SPPD)

Why I did not get one to begin with

Stay a LEO at SPPD
+ Lousy chain of command

Liability, unnecessary stress

Get a good job
+ Better benefits, pay

Enjoy your life!!

I miss y'all. Stay safe!