PDA

View Full Version : the new academy

09-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Does anyone have any information on the new way there doing it. I start in 3 weeks so im just curious on what i need to look for to be successful threw the academy!! keep me posted!

09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
First, you work on your spelling, grammar and sentence structure :lol: Next, you study your butt off and do well in everything else.
Good luck.

09-22-2006, 06:07 AM
First, you work on your spelling, grammar and sentence structure :lol: Next, you study your butt off and do well in everything else.
Good luck.

He speaks the truth. I don't know what kind of test they're giving the new recruits to judge their command of the English language/spelling, but these last 3 classes spell and write like they're in 5th grade......I'm not being funny, it's true.

09-22-2006, 12:55 PM
All you need to pass the tests in the academy are read the material they provide to you. You literally don't need instructors for anything with the exception of high liability.

When you take the tests read every question twice because the tests are written very poorly.

Good luck

09-22-2006, 02:17 PM
All you need to pass the tests in the academy are read the material they provide to you. You literally don't need instructors for anything with the exception of high liability.

When you take the tests read every question twice because the tests are written very poorly.

Good luck

See that's what I was talking about. Now imagine editing a report where there's one of these in every other sentence.

09-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Other than the whole grammar thing, here is some good advice: First of all attitude - leave it at the door. Second, It's going to seem like a popularity contest the first two or three weeks, but don't get caught up in it. There will be class elections for a president, vice president, etc. and there will be several clicks, but in the end none of that matters. What does matter is knowing that you start making your reputation in the academy due to all the instructors being from local agencies and trust me they all talk to the recruiters. Third, drama drama drama...there will be lots of drama in your academy class. Stay away from it. In the long run of things nothing that happens in the academy matters, so don't get involved in the he said she said crap. Fourth, know when to be serious. There are too many recruits who make a bad reputation for themselves because all they did was joke around the whole academy. Classes like firearms and DT are not the times to be joking around with your class friend. Last but not least, respect...show it! Do not argue with your instructors. The instructors know what they are doing. That's why you are the recruit and they are the instructor.

09-22-2006, 03:45 PM
thanks alot.. all this information helps, we will see how it turns out. thanks again!

09-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Wow, that seems like something we all studied!!!

FORMING
STORMING
NORMING
PERFORMING