PDA

View Full Version : No Holdover

09-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Is it true you guys don't have a holdover anymore? If so, does that
mean the recruits go straight to FTO?

09-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Tis true.
Its basically a modified Holdover (from what I've heard). I think the PO's have holdover type training for like the first 3 days now. After that their days are mixed between training at the acadamy and then on the street with their FTOs. From what it sounds like they kinda just smushed the whole Holdover into the PO's first days of what used to be observation on the street. Kinda corn-fusing if you ask me. Not sure how the plan is working but it sounds like they are being rushed through everthing to get them on the streets quicker, which may come back to bite the dept. in the rear if they aint careful and rush them through like that without proper training. But what do I know, thats why I'm no FTO and havent been promoted (yet....et em).

09-18-2006, 04:01 PM
The holdover is 2 weeks and is now part of the first two weeks of FTO. It works pretty well, weeds out those that can't make before they've already been here for several months.

09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
The holdover is 2 weeks and is now part of the first two weeks of FTO. It works pretty well, weeds out those that can't make before they've already been here for several months.

Huh ! We have people who have been here for years that can't really "make it". We just hide them in different places.

09-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Hide them? What are you talking about we promote them!

09-19-2006, 06:11 AM
There is no longer any holdover. The day the P.O. comes to 411 Franklin is observation day one. We give them a observation D.O.R. even though we have not even met them. Same for observation day two. For the next week they get approx. 6 hours with a cop then go for some training at the academy for a few hours. We have deviated from the nationally accepted ftep program and started our own. This was done so we could have promotions before election time. If this did not happen it would be used against the cheif and mayor. In the long run we are going to lose. The first time any one of these officers gets out on their own and screws up to the point we get sued, the judges are going to look at our program. There is no evidence that this type of program will work. Common sense says it's a huge liability. To quote the captain "this is cutting edge law enforcement". "Some day I am going to be published for this". Published he will be........

09-24-2006, 04:06 PM
You know you complain that nothing changes around here. Someone comes up with a new idea to try out and all that they catch is grief. If it works great, thank god someone had the balls to try something different, if it doesn't work out then they will go back to the way it was done for a hundred years and you can go on complaining about it for just as long.