PDA

View Full Version : Shaking the Chief's hand?

09-14-2006, 11:45 PM
I hear today that a T.P.D. Sergeant was "written up" a pending file entry for insubordination because he did not shake the Tampa Police Chief's hand during an awards ceremony for the Sergeant. Also, the Sergeant was transferred that day to midnights.

I did not know that you are required to shake the Chief's hand in this day and age. This seems a bit petty to this citizen. Is the Chief that insecure that he demands a person, who may not agree with him, to shake his hand

09-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I hear today that a T.P.D. Sergeant was "written up" a pending file entry for insubordination because he did not shake the Tampa Police Chief's hand during an awards ceremony for the Sergeant. Also, the Sergeant was transferred that day to midnights.

I did not know that you are required to shake the Chief's hand in this day and age. This seems a bit petty to this citizen. Is the Chief that insecure that he demands a person, who may not agree with him, to shake his hand

You might actually be a "citizen." Who else would be so incredibly stupid as to not realize that refusal to shake the chief's hand in a public venue is DISRESPECT of the highest order and should have resulted in charges and disciplinary action. If all that happened is that the Sergeant was moved to midnights he got off easy - no discipline record in his personnel file.

Just as in the military, you MUST give proper respect to the person's RANK and POSITION regardless of your opinion of the PERSON.

Get it?

Let's hope that they DO proceed with actual disciplinary action which is the appropriate thing to do in this case!

Another indication that you are a "citizen" is that you didn't even post your message in the appropriate venue.

09-17-2006, 11:15 PM
The Sergeant in question just has a problem with this administration. He feels that he should be promoted from the bottom of the list, like what happened when he made Sergeant. Check the list at the time, and the numbers speak for themselves. Or could it be that he doesn't like when officers arrest drug dealers? Read between the lines.