PDA

View Full Version : Promotion??

09-14-2006, 01:44 AM
I heard from a certain Golden Dove that the number 1 choice on the promotional list will be promoted to Sgt. in October most likely right after his discipline for not turning in a form to city hall. Chief, with the picks you have left consider waiting until the next test, you can just pull a zone 4 sgt to cover wherever.
All i got to say about that choice is that like the way doves stick together so do loons.

09-14-2006, 12:33 PM
I know who you are talking about, I think he would make a great sergeant. So he made a mistake, are you saying you are perfect?

09-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Made a mistake??? Are you serious?? Are you saying that you can lie, be fired, beg for your job back and then be promoted? This is not a typical business where such things can be over looked after a few years of good behavior. This is a job where integrity is all you have. Plus he has not gone a few years and had good behavior. He blantly ignored the requirement of attending an insurance meeting and he still has not turned in the required paperwork.

I don't know who posted the above post, but it is a mentality like that that gives BPD a bad name. That is why we are known as a joke of an agency that only hires retards.

09-14-2006, 06:45 PM
By your comment you must not have worked here very long. How can you get fired, have the Chief allow you to come back but ride with a supervisor, and due nothing your whole career besides eat at Barts twice a day...... Sounds like he will due well as a supervisor.......

09-14-2006, 10:01 PM
So in your own words you are saying that you are perfect?

09-15-2006, 03:07 AM
By your comment you must not have worked here very long. How can you get fired, have the Chief allow you to come back but ride with a supervisor, and due nothing your whole career besides eat at Barts twice a day...... Sounds like he will due well as a supervisor.......

dont forget, stands like a girl, with a smoke in one hand, and a cup of coffee in the other. he also sold out the zone 4 sgt, or more like stabbed him in the back with a very large knife

09-15-2006, 03:48 AM
I never said I was perfect nor is anybody else. What I am implying is that I am not a liar and I don't believe law enforcement officers should be liars. I am almost positive that I have been here for much longer than you and I don't understand why your saying its ok to be a royal f-up because nobody is perfect. Maybe we should bring back Milton and Hawthorne. They are not perfect, they made a mistake but what the hell, lets bring them back and in a few years promote them.

09-16-2006, 01:43 AM
Which Zone 4 Sgt. did he stab?

09-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Word is there will be at least one other Sgt. position open in the next month. Also there are two Sgts hitting the high road at the end of the year with 10 years under their belts. I was told that one of them already has a physical fitness test lined up with a agency north of the skyway and wont take much much of a pay cut! I hope the chief has to have another test!!

09-16-2006, 02:14 PM
WHILST I DO AGREE THAT THERE SHOULD BE ANOITHER TEST, BECAUSE I WOULD THEN BE ELIGIBLE, I MUST SAY THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL VIABLE CANDIDATES ON THE CURRENT LIST. FAIR IS FAIR, IF YOU ARE I ARE ON THE LIST AND THERE IS TIME LEFT WOULD YOU WANT THEM TO RE-TEST? JUST REMEMBER, IT IS ANY PICK OF THE CURRENT TOP 5, THE CHIEF DOES NOT HAVE TO GO IN ORDER.....HE CAN DO WHAT IS BEST FOR BPD AND PICK WHO IS GOOD FOR THE AGENCY, NOT JUST WHO IS NEXT :D

09-16-2006, 02:40 PM
rumors, rumors, rumors, they fly so fast and last so long. Don't believe what you hear from others, it is never correct. If anyone from admin reads this boad you should pipe up and squash the rumors.

09-16-2006, 03:25 PM
No you are just misinformed, there are three sgts leaving by the end of the year who will be vested, and can easily find a new job with any agency. One is already processing in state, who knows if the other is doing it out of state. Why should they stay at an agency that doesnt pay anything. Watch and see!!!

09-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Do you guy's not get it yet. And this is not towards the officer's it is toward's the agency. BPD is a JOKE!!! LOW Pay, LOW Morale and the union hasnt done Crap for you guy's. Good luck you guy's have some Excellent officers!!! We have a bunch of openings so why dont you come on over, we need you !!! Oh yeah and we pay almost 10 Grand more to start!!

09-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Pay more to start but our guys make more at the end of the scale. Your top Officer maxes out at $49,000. Do you have a lateral transfer program?

09-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Thats absolutely False. Im not sure where you are reading your info, however we go up consistantly just like everyone else. A 10 year Deputy is still making more than a 10 year Bpd officer.etc..etc..

09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Tell me more but saw your pay scale which stated that a Deputy maxes out at $49,000 plus incentives Is that not so? Its the County's material not mine.

09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Do you guy's not get it yet. And this is not towards the officer's it is toward's the agency. BPD is a JOKE!!! LOW Pay, LOW Morale and the union hasnt done Crap for you guy's. Good luck you guy's have some Excellent officers!!! We have a bunch of openings so why dont you come on over, we need you !!! Oh yeah and we pay almost 10 Grand more to start!!

sounds inviting M_S_O, but none of us at BPD want to be arrested, like the MSO guys.

We like to enforce the law, not break it.

I can see why you have a bunch of openings, and the jail is getting fuller.

Stay on your board, i dont want anyone over at BPD getting corrupted by you.

09-17-2006, 11:45 PM
you talk about mso being arrested but i seem to remember an officer and an aids infested trustee engaging in some sig 43 and one officer being accused of sig 35.
im not trying to start an argument but heres the facts..
every department has bad apples, do they speak for the entire department, hell no.
the only reason im bringing this up is in defence of where i work and im sure you all would do the same. we all have the bad ones and lets leave it at that. M_S_O does not speak for all of us. i know alot of bpd and i trust them with my life. they are not jokes and are our brothers and sisters.

09-18-2006, 01:13 AM
To M_S_O, you're an idiot. Your starting pay is 37,500 last time I checked, I may be wrong, but no where close to 10,000 more a year than ours. Our starting is at 32,000 and change. Now if you want to figure it out correctly... Lets add your 6 regular paid extra hours a pay period. While we get paid 80 hours a week, you get paid 86. True you do get paid more than BPD, along with a take home vehicle. I am not arguing that. Actually I wouldnt even compare the 2 agencies. We really should be comparing numbers and pay with SPD. So shut up with your stupid comments, about how you think your agency is so better than ours, because in the end, it's not!!!!!

09-18-2006, 01:20 AM
You both need to stop....in the end we are all doing hte same job....just wearing a different colored uniform....dealing wiht the same dirtbags.....why don't we just have a boxing contest between mso and bpd at pal....if bragging rights are so important put up or shut up....if not let it go and do the job :roll:

09-18-2006, 03:19 AM
Our dope dealers can beat up your dope dealers! LOL

09-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey, I remember an officer and a aids infested trustee.....i also remember the SAO dropping the charges because he was falsely arrested...seems that statute pertained to corrections officers. Another mark on your department...false arrest.

Also the subject that was "accused" of s35 was never charged because it turned out that the "victim" was a habitual liar trying to cover her tracks.

I wonder if Tom Smith will drop all the rico charges on MSO deputies? Hmmmm.....nope.

09-19-2006, 02:38 AM
I thought this was a post on the futere promotons.......move on please

Sysop
09-19-2006, 02:44 AM
Please watch the content, as I just had to delete a post. If you think a LEO has credibility problems, this is not the place to put it.

Thanks for your support!

09-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Sysop, Why would you delate a post that has proven Truth's in it's content?? I thought this site was to enlighten others on the TRUTH..????

09-21-2006, 06:56 AM
I thought Bpd starting pay was 31,875??? and Mso is at 39,215 I checked with personell, just thought you would like to know. Also when you factor in the you pay for your pension, and Mso gives it free along with take home cars and better insurance not to mention less micro-management their really is no comparison.

09-21-2006, 01:48 PM
the latest promo rumor can't be true right? Please say it aint so :x

09-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Congrats to MPOs Gause, Schwartz, Shenk, and Weldon, all good choices!! Grubbs/Traffic congrats also, is he still on probation?

09-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Congrats to MPOs Gause, Schwartz, Shenk, and Weldon, all good choices!! Grubbs/Traffic congrats also, is he still on probation?

Enjoy your brand spankin new Charger Grubbs...You really deserve it :? No wthats one less car in the pool...I guess now we will be running two man units for sure now... I thought only LAPD did that?

09-23-2006, 10:27 PM
What are you talking about? Look in the parking lot lately. There are now pleanty of cars in the pool. I swear is there anyone who does not mind a fellow Officer making it better for himself? Grubbs is going Traffic and who cares if he takes a Dodge? Grow Up!!!

09-24-2006, 01:00 PM

Enjoy your brand spankin new Charger Grubbs...You really deserve it :? No wthats one less car in the pool...I guess now we will be running two man units for sure now... I thought only LAPD did that?

BABY WANT A BOTTLE

09-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Grubbs was a good choice. And he will be getting Nuttals car when he goes to the Street Crimes Unit......and no I don't want a bottle....I prefer to take it straight from your girls teet :wink: