PDA

View Full Version : Colonel less??!!

09-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Col. Worch resigned from the agency. Does he see the writing on the wall, or is there more to this decision???

It looks like the Sheriff has a big $$ opening to fill. Maybe the next Colonel will only have that job for two years.

A very credible source says that Richard Ortiz is going to throw his hat in the ring and run in '08. Seems like he has the experience and the backing to win. At least he will get the employees support, and that is half the battle!

09-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Good riddance to the col. I wonder if there will be hard drive issues like in his last place since he used his own computer. Wouldn't his use of it on duty make the contents of what it was used for work related and therefore public record?

Most of us who were around before would rather not see the former employee mentioned who may run in 08 in the top slot. We remember the whole CAP lunch issue where he became vindictive and was unjustified in his treatment of some detectives.

09-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Quick, somebody check to see if we still have all our helicopters!

09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
color=red] "We remember the whole CAP lunch issue where he became vindictive and was unjustified in his treatment of some detectives." [/color]

Well, that is probably not totally his doing. Remember, he was a Major, and the Sheriff at the time was more involved in the discipline process than BW is.

Besides, if that is his only flaw, it sure is alot less than the pursuits, favoritism, good 'ol boy crap going on at the present time, don't you think???

09-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Worch Article (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/11/Pasco/Sheriff_s_third_in_co.shtml)

Nobody ever downloaded anything on the computer. Right Rickey! This is the same thing he did when he was in Charlotte. If you talk to people in IT, the never got to do any repair work on that computer. In fact, they couldn't see the screen and had to direct him on how to correct things on it. What was he afraid they would see? Anything he hides that is subject to the sunshine law makes him criminal for not honoring the sunshine law like we have to with computers we use at work. Not only that, if he is shielded by any other member regardless of rank, they too are criminal for not enforcing that the sunshine law is observed. I only hope T. Lake checks on the traffic to his computer from MIS who should have the information of any internet use since it is ultimately thier responsibility to monitor it.

09-11-2006, 11:01 PM
As far as the "lunch issue" cited, there was only one CAP detective who was affected by loss of pay and/or rank. And he really was not punished over the lunch issue. Although the local papers were fed the story he was demoted for the "lunch issue," the real reason he was returned to Patrol was because his "stats" were among the lowest of the unit. He also tried to intimidate the person with the highest stats to "slow down" because he was making the others look bad. Then he tried to inflate his stats by some interesting case number pulling. At that time, the then-Major felt it best to return him to Patrol.

Unfortunately, the two best witnesses to this true accounting of what really caused the demotion of that then-detective are no longer with us. Rest in Peace Charlie Calhoun and Bill Moe.

09-17-2006, 09:18 PM
OK just wondering how he has anything to do with the murder rate in Pasco?

What does his weight have anything to do with anything at all?

Sounds like he is not the one that needs to get over some issue or another :roll:

09-18-2006, 04:58 AM
I thought Bisk took the POR and then wrote under protest on it and then was rolled out to patrol. Does anyone else remember that? Also, there were several detectives that went to lunch together (not BM)and it was the old regime's way of not liking squads who were "tight." Wherever you got your info that Bill Mo was rolled out to patrol, you are wrong. He was in CAP until he passed on. A few of those Majors from the last regime even broke up patrol squads that worked extremely well together. Once, tricky **** called over to another Lt I am aware of and asked if he had anyone he wanted to roll up out of the unit.

I guess that was how they had "fun" back then.

09-19-2006, 12:22 AM
To the last poster, you obviously misread the post you quoted. Moe was not "rolled out." Bisk asked for a transfer to SRO to be near his kids and coach football. That leaves one other who was rolled out. Not for lunch. For other reasons. The ones that were not fed to the press. And he still leads everyone to believe it was lunch.

It seems that Ortiz is not the one with the problem. He knows the truth.

Sysop
09-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Thought I'd pop my head in here and see how things were going. I deleted one post that was slamming a supervisor. Personal insults have no place on this Board. The messages will be Deleted and the posters can be Banned.

For those of you using this forum as intended and complying with our Terms of Use, THANK YOU!

09-19-2006, 10:26 PM
anyone who thinks his resignation was voluntary is kidding themselves. the guy should have never been picked by unit 1, he lost his reign as Sheriff in Charlotte county to a BAIL BONDSMAN enough said not to mention his best friend was indicted....come on tom lake DIG baby you'll find it