PDA

View Full Version : A.B.L.E. Files Grievance?

09-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I am not trying to "stir the pot" just get the facts.

Has anyone heard that ABLE's President a V President met with the Mayor today to file a "grievance" about the Captain promotions and the pending termination or demotion of one of its members?

Specifically, the grievance stated that the department failed to provide eligible "black" Lts with appropriate notice of the date of the promotion thus affording them an opportunity to be considered. Also that TPD Staff had a predisposition that they would only promote whites and females?

The second part of the complaint alleges that a member of their organization who was the subject of an IA investigation was only targeted because of her race. She was the only member of her race on that specific Detective Squad and the only "black" in her chain of command was the Asst. Chief.

I was told the second part of the complaint listed at least 6 white officers who had similar sustained complaints and were not fired or demoted.

The last paragraph apparently had some long-winded legal statement that the letter and its content were legal property of A.B.L.E and that any copying or release of the information was illegal without their written permission.

I asked for a copy and was told no.

Has ANYONE heard of this complaint?

*************MODERATOR****************

I have tried to keep this post as professional as possible without noting any specific names. Please allow the free flow of information on this subject, as I would truly like to know what is going on.

09-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Whats the big deal, so she was working another job while on duty. Detective Crook did it, all he got was fired, criminal charges, and a 24 year pension taken from him. A course he was white, so he could not play the race card.

09-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Ask and you shall receive. If the City has it the document is PUBLIC RECORD despite what some idiot may have written at the bottom. There are few excptions to the PUBLIC RECORDS law. Try the Commission on Ethics in Tallahassee, they give out the fines and jail sentences.

09-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey, let's start our own organization....AWLE. Then we can file grievences when less qualified minorities are promoted over others on the eligibility list and when misconduct by minority officers is overlooked.

09-05-2006, 10:25 PM
you do have your own organization, it's call the LAPD. Or locally, the PBA... or the KKK, jackass.
Of course as bad as it was, I was kidding. Now that I've had my fun...let this go. We are all cops, why perpetuate this? She F'd up, so what?! If she doesn't get due punishment, who are you to say it was wrong? As long as she doesn't lie about anything...

09-05-2006, 11:21 PM
This country was founded on the principle the "all men are created equal". Why do blacks segregate themselves by belonging to groups like this and demanding different standards based on race? I though color of skin was not supposed to be an issue.....

09-06-2006, 12:05 AM
All black sergeants don't do that

09-06-2006, 12:52 AM
I do not have a problem with people having a group that represents them. I have a problem with a group that everytime one of their members does something wrong they turn it into a race issue.

What she did was wrong, she got caught, so take responsibility and accept your punishment.

Sysop
09-06-2006, 01:53 AM
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I suggest you wait until a copy of this alleged document appears. Chances are that, if it exists, it will read quite different than what the rumor mill propagates. There's no reason to fan the flame if you don't even know there's a fire.
http://www.sitevip.net/gifs/fire/FIREWAL_animado.gif

Sysop
09-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I just deleted 2 postings in ref to this string. The posters went out of their way to hint around about the identity of someone involved. I refrained from Banning their IP addresses this time.

I personally checked into this and have been assured that ABLE did no such thing. I suspect this string was started by a pot stirer. On the other issue of an active IA investigation, I think everyone knows that we don't need to provide details of it here.

09-09-2006, 07:46 AM
i heard that all the people running for the US president are going to be white, has anyone else heard this rumor?
I just want clarification, thanks for playing.

09-09-2006, 10:10 AM
i heard that all the people running for the US president are going to be white, has anyone else heard this rumor?

Don't bet on it, hasn't happened in over 20 years ( Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton ). Plus Condi could win if she wanted to. Wake up and smell the year 2006, it's time for the excuses to stop.

09-09-2006, 04:06 PM

I really hope with that lack of knowledge about blacks running for president, that you're not black. If you are, you may want to take a history class before you make yourself look lke a fool again.

09-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Jackson and Sharpton were just running for publicity, knowing they had no chance of winning.

Colin Powell would have made a very credible candidate but his wife did not want him to run.

Condi would more likely be the VP nominee on the Republican ticket.

09-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Is there not a specific MOR which prohibits belonging to any special organization inside the police department with the expection of the PBA and FOP. Why is it ok for officers of a specific color, to get more representation and belong to a group which even in its name admits a unity based on race ?

Signed

Confused

09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Jackson and Sharpton were just running for publicity, knowing they had no chance of winning.

Colin Powell would have made a very credible candidate but his wife did not want him to run.

It doesn't matter what their reasons were, they are black, they ran....therefore the "I heard all the candidates for Pres will be white next time" is not only race baiting, but actually incorrect. For example, when Walter Mondale ran against Reagan, he knew he had no chance and only won 1 out of 50 states, but you can not make the statement "Walter Mondale never ran for president", see how facts work?

Condi would not need to be a VP, she could win without a doubt. She has the republican vote, the female vote and would probably pull 40 to 50% of the black vote ( the reublicans won in 2004 with 11% of the black vote ).

09-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Jesus people, I was just prooving a point. No, Not black here, but then again it don't matter what if I am....or Asian, hell, lets say for arguement's sake I'm part Korean and part Irish. You all just can't wait for something else to complain about. I swear half of ya'll just sit around waiting for the next arugment train to jump on and want to be a part of it. CHOOOOOO CHOOOO......All ABOARD...............FREAKIN RELAX already, and really who gives a crap.

Again, thanks all for proving my point......I heard this....I heard that.....ooooh, guess what so 'n so said about him. FREAKIN control your own already. Sorry, I only wipe my own a$$ here, you worry about yours, thanks.

Sorry gotta run.....I have to go "take a history class before I make myself look like a fool again". WOW.....good one, ya got me there......again point proven, or is it pointless (hum).

09-17-2006, 01:22 PM
The rumors are going out fast does anyone know the truth?
did she get demoted?
did she resign?

09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Since it is still an open IA investigation you will have to get your facts from the PIO.

09-23-2006, 12:52 AM

It doesn't matter what their reasons were, they are black, they ran....therefore the "I heard all the candidates for Pres will be white next time" is not only race baiting, but actually incorrect. For example, when Walter Mondale ran against Reagan, he knew he had no chance and only won 1 out of 50 states, but you can not make the statement "Walter Mondale never ran for president", see how facts work?

Condi would not need to be a VP, she could win without a doubt. She has the republican vote, the female vote and would probably pull 40 to 50% of the black vote ( the reublicans won in 2004 with 11% of the black vote ).

You must be quite young if you believe Mondale "knew he had no chance" of winning over Reagan. There was the smell of blood in the water after the first debate when Mondale's grasp of the facts was much stronger than Reagan's. They thought that Reagan's advanced age and difficulty in handling facts was going to cause him to lose significant support after the second debate.

It was in the second debate that Reagan made the "age" joke (promising not to "exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience.") This was the period that the staff decided that rather than load him up with facts they should "Let Reagan be Reagan" - which turned out to be a winning prescription.

By the way, Mondale won not only his home state of Minnesota, (by a mere 0.2 percent) he also won the District of Columbia (by 85 percent.)

The previous statement stands, Jackson and Sharpton weren't running for President; they were garnering publicity

Your statement about Ms Rice is silly. Nobody can "win without a doubt." I'd tell you to check with Dewey and Truman, but you are clearly too young to understand that.

By the way, Tseug's original statement wasn't race baiting - it was a JOKE! Too subtle for you, apparently.

09-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Just to review: Jackson and Sharpton ran for President. Both are blacks. Blacks have run for President. Statements to the contrary are false.

But on a positive note, I see in the 2 weeks it took you to respond to my quote you decided to improve yourself by reading a little history, so good for you.

Condi won't run, but if she did she would win. Unfortunately some of her most harsh critics would be "Black Politicians".............Ironic, don't you think??

09-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Just to review: Jackson and Sharpton ran for President. Both are blacks. Blacks have run for President. Statements to the contrary are false.

Great way to win an argument: Claim that the other guy said something that he didn't say and which is patently incorrect. No poster said that blacks have not run for president; just that they were seeking publicity, knowing they had no chance of winning.

But on a positive note, I see in the 2 weeks it took you to respond to my quote you decided to improve yourself by reading a little history, so good for you.

Nope, no reading up. I was there. The delay in response was because I just haven't been frequenting the board much recently. I notice you didn't respond to the FACTS in my response; just tried to blow it off with a demeaning remark. Nice try at demeaning me, though. Just didn't work.

Condi won't run, but if she did she would win. Unfortunately some of her most harsh critics would be "Black Politicians".............Ironic, don't you think??

And again, no one is a sure thing in Presidential politics. Again I refer you to Dewey vs. Truman. (YOU could look it up; I remember it.) You think Condi would beat any Democrat because whe would get the "women's vote" and the "black vote." I don't believe she could get the Republican nomination because that isn't decided by either or those demographic cohorts.

There is one thing that we DO agree on. She would be actively opposed by virtually all national level black politicians - because the large majority of them are Democrats.

09-24-2006, 03:02 AM
[/quote]

There is one thing that we DO agree on. She would be actively opposed by virtually all national level black politicians - because the large majority of them are Democrats. [/quote]

Since that is something we agree on, then I ask this question: Why do blacks vote democrat when democrats have done nothing for them? 40 years of Dem's running New Orleans and they're still the poorest in the nation. Republicans fought segregation in the 60's while Dem's were busy making Jim Crowe laws and testing designed to keep blacks from voting. Two living Democrat House/Senate members are ex-clansmen ( as in KKK ), and although Carter and Clinton talked a good game, neither put a black in any type of power, and would certainly never have one on his cabinet. Bush has Rice and Powell. Black home-ownership under Bush is at an all time high........so my question: Why do blacks automatically vote for democrats??

09-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Gas is $3 a gallon and doesn't have a cap.
Property taxes, insurance, and prices have skyrocketed so the average person can no longer afford to be a homeowner.
As a result of the gas prices, everything else is priced higher too.
What good does it do you to own a home if you cant afford to make the payments?
Then the city wants to hand out BS contracts when they are the beneficiaries of higher property taxes.
Record highs.

09-24-2006, 05:09 AM
The current national average for gas is $2.50 ( around $2.35 here ), the high was last September at $3.07. Typical liberal, say whatever supports your argument regardless of if it's a lie or not.....Honestly, I can shoot down this crap all day because it's just lie after lie....

09-24-2006, 02:54 PM
So you comment on the gas going down a little in the last few months when it was high for years.
It still is high.
You didnt have too much to say about the property taxes, homeowners insurance, and the cost of everything else going up.
By the way, I am a republican but pretty soon even I wont be able to afford Tampa.
A 100% disabled veteran in Tampa can not afford to buy a house.
Thats a fact.
There is something wrong with that.

09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Why do blacks vote democrat when democrats have done nothing for them? 40 years of Dem's running New Orleans and they're still the poorest in the nation. Republicans fought segregation in the 60's while Dem's were busy making Jim Crowe laws and testing designed to keep blacks from voting. Two living Democrat House/Senate members are ex-clansmen ( as in KKK ), and although Carter and Clinton talked a good game, neither put a black in any type of power, and would certainly never have one on his cabinet. Bush has Rice and Powell. Black home-ownership under Bush is at an all time high........so my question: Why do blacks automatically vote for democrats??

Blacks vote overwhelmingly for Democrat politicians because these politicians promise them FAVORITISM!

Democrats offer favoritism in:

College Admissions
Business Contracts
Employment Opportunities
Promotional Opportunities
Relief from paying taxes
Public money spent on them
Immunity from criticism for racist remarks
And on, and on, and on....

What these voters don't realize is that the Democrats promise them these things because the Democrats consider them inferior and incapable of competing and succeeding without the paternalistic programs of the Democrats.

Successful black intellectuals like Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell; successful black politicians like Condi Rice; successful black military men like Colin Powell; successful black jurists like Justice Clarence Thomas; and a multitude of successful blacks in a myriad other professions give the lie to the Democrats' position that blacks cannot succeed without intervention on their behalf by Democrat social and financial programs.

But, clearly the majority of black voters are lured by the Democrat message of victimization and entitlement and the siren promise of favoritism based upon skin color.

They fail to realize that emancipation from slavery came from the pen of a Republican, President Lincoln; and that the KKK was an organization created by Southern white Democrats in opposition to civil rights for blacks after the Civil War; and that it was Republicans who overwhelmed the racist Democrat national legislators and passed the first signficant civil rights laws that broke up the "Solid South" in the 1950s/1960s.

There is a strain in the black culture that punishes the individual black for striving for individual success based upon self-initiative. Blacks who study and work hard in school are often berated for "acting white." Blacks who endorse self reliance and who, God forbid - become Republicans, are called "Uncle Toms."

But I'm sure you've heard all this before.

It is, nonetheless, true.

Alas...........

09-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Yea, and on the Republican side they only offer favoritism to the large corporate businesses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

09-25-2006, 03:08 AM
So you comment on the gas going down a little in the last few months when it was high for years.
It still is high.
You didnt have too much to say about the property taxes, homeowners insurance, and the cost of everything else going up.
By the way, I am a republican but pretty soon even I wont be able to afford Tampa.
A 100% disabled veteran in Tampa can not afford to buy a house.
Thats a fact.
There is something wrong with that.

I didn't "comment" on anything. You said gas prices were "$3.00 a gallon with no cap".....I simply pointed out that you were wrong. Since that was the first thing you noted ( and it was a lie ), I assumed the other things were probably lies as well.

If you think that there is no difference between $3 and $2.50 a gallon, I would like to see how you react when you pull into a store that advertises gas at $2.50, then charges you $3.00. Gas is still cheap, a gallon of milk is more expensive, and a gallon of Evian water would cost about $15, a gallon of ice crem $10.......but people don't get upset about that.

As far as property taxes, yes they've gone up.....but then again they always do. Even if the rate for property taxes were fixed, they would go up as your house appreciates in value.

Insurance does the same, your house is worth more than it was last year so the price will aways go up. Add in the fact that the companies have to recoup the money from the hurricanes and you'll understand. It has nothing to do with politicians.

There are plenty of people of low means that are in $400,000 houses they bought ten years ago for $60,000. You just want to buy when the market is high, and that's YOUR mistake.

But keep in mind, as bad as you think things are they could be worse. Democrat's are known as the tax and spend party. The first thing they would do would be to attempt to impeach the President, which would cost billions. Where would they get the money?? By repealing the tax cuts already in place and adding taxes on things like gas ( don't believe me?? John Kerry and his cronies tried to get a 50 cent a tax on gas in 94, and Clinton tried for 26 cents per gallon in 93 ). Know the facts bro.

09-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Yea, and on the Republican side they only offer favoritism to the large corporate businesses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you think that statement is any kind of response to the post above it, you are fooling yourself.

You've probably spent most of your working life employed by a governmental agency. Those of us with wider employment histories know that keeping large corporations viable is crucial to a robust economy. You see, it is those corporations that create JOBS.

Corporations generate money by the production of goods and services. Govermental agencies take money (taxes) and re-distribute it.

And, of course, the Democrat re-distribution plans take more money to redistribute to programs which unfairly favor blacks than the other political parties do.

The discussion was "why do blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat?" The answer remains: because of favoritism toward them based upon skin color.

09-26-2006, 12:11 AM
So its my fault that I chose now to look for a home?
And by the way, gas has been close to $3 a gallon for a long time now and there is nothing to stop it from hitting there again.
Only recently did it ease a little.
If it were you, you would have rounded down to $2 a gallon to make your point.
Everything has tripled in the past couple of years.
So you arent convincing me of anything.

09-26-2006, 05:57 AM
So its my fault that I chose now to look for a home?
And by the way, gas has been close to $3 a gallon for a long time now and there is nothing to stop it from hitting there again.
Only recently did it ease a little.
If it were you, you would have rounded down to $2 a gallon to make your point.
Everything has tripled in the past couple of years.
So you arent convincing me of anything.

Ummm..yes. It is YOUR fault you choose now to look for a home. Who else's fault would you say it was? Should there be a government agency that sends out letters to people saying "Buy Now....Real Estate is a good investment and you shouldn't wait until you can't afford it !!!!"

As far as saying there's nothing stopping gas from hitting $3 again....you're right. There's also nothing stopping it from going down to 99 cents.

You saying "only recently did it ease a little" is like me saying "Only in the past 3 years did it raise a little"