PDA

View Full Version : new sgts

09-03-2006, 05:58 PM
What do we think of the next three people on the sgts. list. P.C.,C.G. , and S.L.- we the recent posting it looks like they could be going soon.

09-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Do we really need to go there? I think they should close the list and re-test.

09-03-2006, 10:40 PM
C.G. would be a good one the other 2 I will not comment on. Rather have the 1st than the 3rd.

09-06-2006, 06:49 AM
C.G. is a great guy, but he is lazy as hell and is going to have a hard time supervising people when he tells them to pick up stats or clear a call they have been on too long. He has done it his whole career. I fault his old supervisor, P.F.

09-06-2006, 07:44 AM
C.G. is a great guy he is not as lazy as you think. He chooses to stay in w10 rather than take a cake zone. Face it - he has his pick where to go. Every tues he is off he has bomb training. I agree he is not out stiring it up-but he doesnt leave anyone stranded. Maybe he just ttired of getting shafted by third shift.

09-06-2006, 11:49 AM
To win the lotto you need one good day, to get promoted you need two.

09-06-2006, 02:49 PM
You are right it takes two good days- but where u lack knowledge is that it takes months of prep for those days. I would think that the lazys would fall to the bottom or even off the list not move to the top.

09-06-2006, 08:54 PM
it would appear that the one day needed for the oral board takes less time to prepare for than the test. the test score is a minor thing i guess as you can easliy go from back to the front in a matter of minutes in oral baord

09-08-2006, 04:47 PM
A lot of us have the same opinion about who is next on the Sgt. list to get promoted. Yea, thats right, the one who jumped like 20 spots. He doesnt even have road experience. This shall be interesting.

So, we think that if you have been off the road for x amount of years and want to be a Sgt or Lt, you should have to come back to patrol before you get promoted. Being out of patrol, you are out of the loop. Then when they get promoted, they still have no clue.

09-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I see that jealousy is rearing its nasty little head again. As far as next on the list P.C. has worked very hard and studied for this process and has shown that you can prevail if you put your mind to it. I know the softball comments will come but guess what, he didn’t play softball for the past couple of years. People should not have to defend themselves just because they did well on this process, at least he completed the process and the scores did not have to be dropped to get to him. This is just the process; your experience in Patrol, CID, SID, CAC, Corrections or anywhere else has absolutely no bearing on what you do on those two days. It has been proven time and time again the most qualified people wont always get the promotion. Again, that’s the process. So as for the next three picks give them props for their achievements and please give them a chance.

09-09-2006, 06:17 PM
I see that jealousy is rearing its nasty little head again. As far as next on the list P.C. has worked very hard and studied for this process and has shown that you can prevail if you put your mind to it. I know the softball comments will come but guess what, he didn’t play softball for the past couple of years. People should not have to defend themselves just because they did well on this process, at least he completed the process and the scores did not have to be dropped to get to him. This is just the process; your experience in Patrol, CID, SID, CAC, Corrections or anywhere else has absolutely no bearing on what you do on those two days. It has been proven time and time again the most qualified people wont always get the promotion. Again, that’s the process. So as for the next three picks give them props for their achievements and please give them a chance.

JUST FOR YOUR T43, YOU ARE THE ONY ONE IN THE COUNTY OF MANATEE THAT WANTS TO GIVE PC A CHANCE....MOST OF US THINK THE PRICK HAS BEEN GIVEN ENOUGH! NO ONE WILL WILLINGLY GO WORK UNDER HIM. HE IS A SUCK-UP. NO ONE WILL OR SHOULD RESPECT HIM AND THAT REALLY GOES WITHOUT SAYING...WE ALL KNOW IT...

09-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Who hasn’t been given a chance, listen our promotional process is all over the place from dropping scores to being appointed, you know there is no perfect process, am I saying he is the best candidate for the position, no, but the realization is he is going to be promoted and with the proper grooming I have no doubt he will succeed as a Sergeant. Should he not call certain people and make a big deal out of it, well maybe that will take time. To say no one will work for him????? I don’t think you have a choice.

09-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Isn't that the sad truth?...NO CHOICE, Oh Boy!

09-10-2006, 09:27 AM
almost like B.O. should a lieutenant right?? N O T

09-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Thats a big ten fo on Overstressed

09-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Who hasn’t been given a chance, listen our promotional process is all over the place from dropping scores to being appointed, you know there is no perfect process, am I saying he is the best candidate for the position, no, but the realization is he is going to be promoted and with the proper grooming I have no doubt he will succeed as a Sergeant. Should he not call certain people and make a big deal out of it, well maybe that will take time. To say no one will work for him????? I don’t think you have a choice.

Thank the good Lord! I for one do have a choice of sq, I suppose PC will have a sq full of rookies, and you, working for him because anyone with the choice will run the other way for sure.
Grooming! Come on, by the time you wanna man up and put some chevrons on your sleve you should already be groomed.
Yes mabye mouthing off about it IS pointless, I agree with that since its a done deal but it sure makes me feel better to let it out.
I believe he will fall hard and fast as a Sgt and hopefully the FU, that Im sure it wont take him long to make, wont cost the agency too much money. In short I believe he LACKS, at the very least, the brain for this job as a dep muuuch less a supervisor. Iv worked with him and seen his stupid mistakes so I feel plenty qualified to make these statements......

09-13-2006, 01:00 PM
well said

09-13-2006, 05:46 PM
very well said

09-14-2006, 11:59 AM
I don’t doubt your qualifications to make such a statement about his ability and having worked with him you probably have more knowledge then the rest of us. Here is a question for you though, did you point out his mistakes and try and correct him or did his FTO on the road or CAC even try to fix his mistakes and guide him? If not, have you ever made mistakes?

09-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Sure, everyone makes "mistakes". However, remember the thing called "the good ole boy system and a$$ ki$$er." Thats how you move up these days.

09-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Not everyone moves up that way! There are a few on that list that i dont think a$$ kiSSed their way to the top.

09-15-2006, 04:43 PM
BULL-$HIT !!!!!!

09-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Thats why you are where u are and will never make it past slick sleeve- u have no clue! :?: :?:[/img]

09-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I don’t doubt your qualifications to make such a statement about his ability and having worked with him you probably have more knowledge then the rest of us. Here is a question for you though, did you point out his mistakes and try and correct him or did his FTO on the road or CAC even try to fix his mistakes and guide him? If not, have you ever made mistakes?

"FTO try to correct him" Lets face it, the fto program is a joke. The only way you can get washed is by doing something that will get you fired. While P.F. and J.B. ran the program is was a joke. Their lack of motivation made it impossible to wash anyone, they didn't want to do all the paper work involved. There are many deputies on the road that slide through the system, some have improved because of good leadership while others, because they passed the program think there is nothing left to learn. As far as P.C. goes, he's a golden boy, if/ when he step on his sword, it will be covered up and he will be back at Pal doing some made up job.

Look at M.S. when he got promoted, he couldn't handle being a Sgt. Did they demote him as they should of while he was on probation, No! they put him in a zone for 4 months and when he was still a F.U. they made a positoin in DARE for him.

Its a joke, it is a slap in the face to those promoted that deserve it. There are many good SGT out there. But when you promote like the bunch coming up it tarnishes the good ones.

09-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Kidding me- you are the joke. Not washing people out of the program went/goes up alot further than P.F. or J.B. There has always been a shortage here-so the push to get people through is higher than it should be. Im so tired of hearing people cry about the ones that slipped through the cracks. Step up and train then-dont talk about it just do it. And until you test for Sgt. and actually pass then shut the f up and work for one of the soon to be Sgts. and tell how you feel. I bet you will go far. Kidding me- you truly are the big joke- sorry the TRUTH hurts.

09-17-2006, 02:27 AM
The past 3 groups, at least one was washed from the program. This last group 2 didn't make it, and you say they just push them through. Get it right before you start talking. TYPICAL!

09-17-2006, 05:42 AM
Wow! you guys must be the FTO's with a whopping year or two on the road. I did train, and it was a joke.

09-17-2006, 11:32 PM
So what are you saying, when you trained it was a joke? Then don't train. We want quality deputies. :lol:

09-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Kidding me- You are right i am an fto little off on the time though. The key word u typed was you were an fto- meaning u prob are not anymore-figures. With the money they offer now i feel u were prob asked not to be an fto anymore rather than not being one on your own - i know the truth really does hurt- still.

09-17-2006, 11:51 PM
I used to complain alot about the quality of people coming out of the program and then I started to train. Don't get me wrong I was on the road for a while before I did this, as a matter of fact, thats the only time one should be able to train. I've seen first hand as to what goes on with the program and for that reason I will never train again.

09-18-2006, 01:55 AM
No i don't train because i made the choice not too. And you keep telling yourself how great a cop and trainer you are, maybe someday others with start to believe it too

CTFUUU
09-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Well shyt! I have trained, never pushed anyone through, documented the shyt out of some less than desirable RD's and I still like to train. It's what you put into it. If that person isn't the quality cop that he/she should be, then why in the fugg are you signing off on them? If you don't have the "kahunas" to stand up for what you believe to be right, why are you a cop?

09-18-2006, 03:28 AM
I'ver documented the sh%$ out of RD's that weren't cutting it and when I told the supervision he needs to fail my answer was, "well maybe your pushing him to hard and lets try him with this FTO." When that FTO wanted to fail him they would take him away and put him with an FTO who didn't give 2 s$&^s because he wasnt going to be in a zone any where near his. Trust me im not just talking out of my a$$. Ive heard alot of talk about how the FTEP program will change, well I still havent seen this "change." CTFUUU you can back me up any day, I've seen you work before and know your not gonna put up with any BS.

CTFUUU
09-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Vet, then my answer to that is this; document all of that Rd's fugg ups, and why you don't think that Rd can make it. It's not on you if they move that Rd to another FTO. The problem is, that other FTO may pass them through. That is one of the problems with the FTO program, but hopefully that would change now that we have plenty of FTO's. The quality of FTO's has been, well let me say "less than desirable"! Alot shouldn't be training and nobody should be training with less than 5yrs on. That in itself is a joke. Rookies cannot teach new Rd's, not if you want a quality cop to come through. So, I will have to agree with you, there are some fugged up things that happen with the FTO program. I look at it like this, I can either sit back and bish about it or I can train and hopefully make an impact on an Rd that sticks with them and hopefully get a quality cop out here to work along side of. If I don't do my part, I'll just be sitting back watching it get more and more fugged up! I'm not willing to do that, I already have to work with a bunch of fugged up people, look at this board for instance. Some of these mofo's don't have the common sense God gave a billy goat, it's a sad shame! But I bet none of them were ever trained by me!

09-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Thank the lord or they wouldve been as fcked up as you ctfuuu!!!!

CTFUUU
09-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Thank the lord or they wouldve been as fcked up as you ctfuuu!!!!smh...another hater! Thank you God for making me so popular!!!!

09-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Hey fiser, better watch it. CTFUUU has a TASER and she knows how to use it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got my money on CTFUUU 8)

09-19-2006, 12:55 PM
LMAO and SMH

09-19-2006, 01:26 PM
no i dont hate - ctfuuu- just stiring the pot you alright. Superfly on the wall- shut up before i smash you with my super fly swater-on the wall. And as for ftep it will only get more looks as the bonus money goes to $1000.00- Will it draw in better fto's or not. 7yrs. of training im getting out - last group was it for me. Not as fun/rewarding as it used to be.

09-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Looks like PC is definitely getting promoted.

Lo, from COPS is getting promoted to LT.

CTFUUU
09-20-2006, 10:41 PM
CONGRATS LORENT!!!!!!

09-21-2006, 12:36 AM
A long time coming.
Congrats LO.
Now show the rest of them how it's done

09-21-2006, 02:26 AM
I heard no one put in for either of sgt. spots from patrol. Balif will be filled by someone from the jail. Does civil work the same way or does it have to be filled from patrol?

09-21-2006, 06:47 AM
LMAO and SMH

what does that mean?/ and what is ctfuuu?

Please, just tell me, dont jsut respond making fun cause i dont know the computer lingo.

CTFUUU
09-21-2006, 09:03 AM
SMH= shaking my head, LMAO= laughing my arse off, CTFUUU= cracking the fugg upppppppp, BTW= by the way, STFU= shut the fugg up, STFD=stand the fugg down, GTO= get the fugg out...etc, etc, etc

09-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Is PC finally getting his stripes?

09-25-2006, 03:37 AM
it would appear so, LO from Cops is getting promoted to LT

09-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Thats a big ten fo on Overstressed

Is he ...ya know a little funny???

10-01-2006, 03:02 AM
Funny? I dont think so. A sell out? ABSOLUTELY

10-19-2006, 06:57 AM
SMH= shaking my head, LMAO= laughing my arse off, CTFUUU= cracking the fugg upppppppp, BTW= by the way, STFU= shut the fugg up, STFD=stand the fugg down, GTO= get the fugg out...etc, etc, etc

Thanks. This has to be KC???

CTFUUU
10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
:wink: