PDA

View Full Version : Live

09-03-2006, 04:27 PM
I hope we get something good this year as far as money, with all the insurance and property taxes going up some people can't make it. I heard some deputies had their insurance dropped and have to go to citizens, now with State Farm that went up 52% and I saw on TV the other day Allstate is wanting another increase as well as our health insurance. I pray we are able to make it.

09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
My homeowners Ins doubled this year. ouch.

09-06-2006, 02:52 PM
I know leaving the area would be almost impossible for most people, but I got out and found a much better place to live...my homeowner's is $486 a year, the taxes are just over $700 a year, and it's a great area to raise kids and grow old.

09-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Where?

Do tell, do tell!

09-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Exactly, Where the heck is such a place..?????!!!!!

09-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Northeast Tennessee

09-06-2006, 10:48 PM
NC Also, The Great Smokies are very nice!

09-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Be careful with NC, the state taxes will eat you alive. Been there done that. We're gettin' out of FL too.

09-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Tennessee, North Carolina, North Georgia have this “cabin culture” thing going on, the equivalent of mobile home parks in Florida. The difference is the cabins all have wood-burning fireplaces, so when you go outside in the winter, the air is thick with foul smoke. The smoke’s so thick you can't even see the trees. Might as well smoke a carton of cigs with your breakfast.

Tennessee, home of the greatest earthquake zone east of the Rockies! Make sure you pour lots of money into your cabin to withstand the earthquake that’s coming:

http://www.ceri.memphis.edu/public/facts_long.shtml

:devil:

09-07-2006, 06:49 PM
We can sit here all day and debate the 'best' place to live. Thing is, there is something wrong with wherever you go, so....I will live in my world and you can live in yours and we will both be happy....how bout that?

09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey "Smokey Mountains" You are an Idiot. You just go ahead and keep looking at something that most likely will never happen. However you can live here in Manatucky and statistically you have a MUCH Greater chance of either being a victim of a drive by shooting and or a victim of one of those shooting's stray bullets. Oh yes let's not forget the rising Taxes, Insurance and everything else that goes a long with that !

09-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Sense Maker, you're bashing Kentucky and Manatee, which are fine places. Too bad you can't afford to live here, so why don't you move back to the Bronx?

I have this image of you. Short guy, greasy black hair, horseshoe bald, hairy arms & back, big nose. And dumb as all get out. :evil:

09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Thats almost funny, however that description of your Mom is way more than I wanted to visualize, especially her hairy arms. With that said, I hope your investigative intuition at work is better that of guessing who I am. For your 43, I hate to admit that I was actually born and raised in this hell hole. And by the way I dont know what part of Kentucky you think is a good place?? I know Manatee isnt after all of your people transplanting here.

09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Sense Maker sez: I was actually born and raised in this hell hole.
If you're human the correct term is "born and reared" but since you were raised you must be a vegetable crop of some sort.

09-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Sound's like another Nonsense Statement from a Tampon Wearing inferior Woman LMAO

09-10-2006, 01:05 AM
My homeowners Ins jumped $100 a month
My health ins will jump $100 a month
My taxes jumped $200 a month

Thats an extra $400 a month I did not count on, my raise will put me down still $150. But I have a job

09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
A large earthquake was registered in the Gulf of Mexico Sunday morning.

The National Earthquake Center confirmed an earthquake in the Gulf at
Click here for enlarged image.

10:56 a.m. It was centered 260 miles west southwest of Clearwater and about 251 miles west southwest of Bradenton Beach. The depth in the Gulf was estimated at about 6.2 miles.

It registered a 6 magnitude, which is considered strong in scale, according to the U.S. Geological Survey web site. A 7 is considered large and 3 is rated a minor earthquake.

Tremors were reportedly felt north to Gainesville and in Georgia and Alabama.

Emergency service providers in the Bay area have not reported any disruptions in power or service. Tampa International Airport said there have been no delays.

CTFUUU
09-10-2006, 06:22 PM
That wasn't an earthquake, that was another drive-by in W30. Felt tremors, who are you kidding?

09-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Major quake strikes Gulf
LISA NEFF and DONNA WRIGHT
The Herald
A major earthquake occurred 250 miles west-southwest of Anna Maria in the Gulf of Mexico on Sunday morning, but the shock waves were barely felt along Manatee's coastline.

Many people noticed nothing, and those who did feel a vibration did not realize its origin until they heard word that an earthquake had occurred miles out to sea.

The 6.0 earthquake may have been caused by a geologic fault or - somewhat less likely - by the shifting of deeply piled sediments 6½ miles beneath the surface, said Chris Harrison, a geophysicist at the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science.

"It's undoubtedly a strange event," said Harrison. "You can get earthquakes in very unexpected places, but to say that we're in danger of getting seriously hurt by an earthquake - that would be too alarmist."

Still, Harrison was surprised by the 6.0 quake.

So was Bradenton resident Sally Mayse, 46, who was riding her bike on the Palma Sola Causeway when she felt a vibration and her two-wheeler wobbled at about 10:56 a.m. Mayse said it wasn't much of a vibration, but the wobble was strong enough to cause her to look for a semi-truck. When she didn't see one, she wondered if she felt anything at all.

"I didn't give it a lot of thought," she said as she relaxed by the bay later in the afternoon. "Then I heard people talking and I put it together."

"I did feel something," is how a number people reacted to the strong quake, as word rippled across the area.

Ted Hankins, 14, of Ellenton, was playing football in the park.

Bernie Hartnett, 58, of Lakewood Ranch, was firing up the grill at Coquina Beach on Anna Maria Island.

Mary Ruiz, 67, of Holmes Beach, was leaving the supermarket.

Hankins said there was a shudder.

Hartnett thought something had happened to the space shuttle Atlantis. "There was nothing out on the gulf," he said.

Ruiz suspected a far away explosion. "Got the 9/11 jitters, I think," she said. "It was like an extraordinary change in motion. That's how I'd describe it."

The tremor brought hundreds of phone calls to law enforcement and emergency management officials up and down Florida's west coast.

Within five hours of the quake, the U.S. Geological Survey had collected reports from at least 2,400 people who felt something late Sunday morning. The reports, indexed by Zip codes, were logged from more than 600 localities as close as Bradenton, Sarasota, Anna Maria, Holmes Beach and Bradenton Beach and as far as Louisville and Oklahoma City.

Fortunately the quake was not the kind likely to generate a destructive tsunami and no significant waves were associated with Sunday's event, experts said.

But the quake was the largest of more than a dozen of shocks recorded in the eastern Gulf in the last three decades, and it was the most widely felt, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Still the location of the quake puzzled scientists.

"This is a fairly unique event," said Don Blakeman, an analyst with the National Earthquake Information Center who described the quake as unusually strong. "This kind of occurrence is unusual in that spot, especially for an earthquake of this size."

When the quake occurred, supply trucks were refueling the gas pumps at Jesse's Island store, but the tremors passed unnoticed, said April Gonzalez, a deli worker in the station.

"We're sure glad nothing happened with that going on," said Gonzalez. "We are lucky, very lucky and with hurricanes, too. Somebody is watching over us."

Jeff Williams, the cashier at Jesse's, had not yet reported for work yet. He said he heard a door slam at his home on 57th Street in Holmes Beach, but he thought it was one of the dogs bumping against it.

Williams said he fielded lots of phone calls from people who called the store wanting to know what happened.

Capt. Joe Westerman, supervisor of Manatee County lifeguards, was on duty at Coquina Beach.

"The sea was flat," said Westerman. "It's been flat all day. No one on that shift felt anything."

Westerman got an official report on the quake from Manatee County Emergency Operations telling him to stand by, although there were no indications any big waves would be heading toward the island.

By mid-afternoon, the silver sea was almost as flat as a mirror and a dense haze hovered on the horizon, where the late-day storms were beginning to build.

The clerks at The Beach Shop at Manatee County Public Beach described the quake as a non-event that didn't even sway the crystals pendants hanging above the cashier's counter.

Not even the U.S. Coast Guard, which issued a warning advising boaters to exercise caution, received any reports of incidents related to the quake.

"There was no effect from it," confirmed Capt. Larry Leinhauser, of Manatee County Emergency Services.

On the north end of Anna Maria late Sunday morning, Rocky Manankil, of Sarasota, was having brunch with his family at the Waterfront restaurant.

"We didn't feel anything," said Manankil. "We didn't know anything had happened until a waiter told us there had been an earthquake."

A couple of hours later, the Manankils were ready for a stroll on the Anna Maria pier, already lined with families fishing. The fact that an earthquake had occurred hours earlier didn't faze 3-year-old Madison Manankil, who was tugging on her dad's hand to go watch the pelicans.

Nearby, Debbie Kraft at Two Sides of Nature, a beach shop across from the Anna Maria Post Office, said she was busy with customers when the quake happened.

"I didn't feel anything," said Kraft. "I didn't know about it until the owners (Dave and Mary LaBelle) called to make sure we were OK."

The LaBelles called all six of their stores - one at John's Pass in Pinellas County, four on Anna Maria and one on Longboat Key, Kraft said, and none reported any problems.

Wendy Bashant of Sarasota was on University Parkway when the tremor hit, but she said she didn't feel a thing.

"We were sitting outside reading The New York Times," she said. "Nothing really happened. The news wasn't even earth- shattering."

- The Herald's Gary Taylor and Martin Merzer and Aldo Nahed of the Miami Herald contributed to this report. n Magnitude 6.0 earthquake, centered about 250 miles west southwest of Bradenton, was the largest earthquake to strike the eastern Gulf of Mexico in the past 30 years.

• Magnitude 5.2 temblor occurred in the same location Feb. 10.

• The temblor was unusual because it was not centered on a known fault line. The "midplate" earthquake, deep under the Gulf, was probably the result of stresses generated by the interaction of tectonic plates in the earth's crust.

• Only one of Florida's rare earthquakes caused significant damage. In January 1879, St. Augustine residents reported heavy shaking that knocked plaster off the walls.

09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Getting back on point. Tennessee lies on a fault line that results in about 200 earthquakes a year, but they’re small so most peeps don’t know it. It’s predicted that THE BIG ONE will rumble by 2010.
So why didn’t Mr. Numnutz Sense Maker know? Two reasons: 1) he’s stupid, and 2) developers don’t like the word to get out on accounta they like to sell cheap Tennessee land to boobs like him. :D

09-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Sucky taxes: Kentucky, Tennessee, the Carolinas, Georgia.

Plus everyone lives in a mountain cabin, and all the cabins look alike, and stink alike, and are infested with mice & bugs from the firewood. Crappy mountain roads, up one hill, down another, around a sharp bend, urp-slop-bring-the-mop. Get stuck behind a geezer and you’re screwed cuz there’s no passing, and every Florida geezer is already up there in the mountains. Did I mention that the weather sux too?

Try Alabama.http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxburdens.html

09-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah Alabama....LMAO Inbreads and Retards, but hey thanks anyway idiot. Oh yeah The Taxes in NC are about 2/3 that of Manatucky and the sales tax is less as well !

09-11-2006, 07:13 PM
:idea: NC has state income tax, Tardo. Since you're having trouble making ends meet in your Bradenton trailer park, I recommend you move to Arkansas, where all their vegetables are "born and raised."

09-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Once again, another Deputy who doesnt have a clue to what they are talking about. (see terminated rate of employee's here) Yes those states have a State Tax Moron (The only two that dont is Florida and Tennessee). The only difference is these states arent nickel and dimeing everything individually that my Nieve friend reaches much deeper in to the pocket than a state tax. Visit these other states before you run your wet behind the ears mouth, get some life experience then we will debate. See for yourself that we pay 1/3 more from everything such as consumable goods, clothing, fuel, Insurance. Then you will see you Manatuckying that you are really saving big ( N O T ) by not paying the State Tax. Now will someone that is an Adult ( Not just in size ) please get in on the topic as Trlrprk Junior doesnt have a clue.
But you can go up to Ruskin like the Island Pet Detective and find a great deal on a home!!! LMAO

09-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Actually the 2-nd state is New Hampshire. Even the Best make an occasional Mistake.

09-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Drive-by shootings continue to plague streets of Manatee

STAFF REPORT

MANATEE COUNTY — Authorities are investigating another round of drive-by shootings this weekend in Manatee County, which has been plagued by drive-bys this summer.

The first happened about 2 a.m. Saturday in the 1500 block 57th Avenue West. About a dozen shots were fired. No one was injured.

The second shooting took place about 15 minutes later in the 5600 block of 14th Street West. Samuel Almodovar, 22, and a teenage friend were standing in front of a convenience store when a southbound tan Cadillac drove by.

A shot was fired from the car; both Almodovar and his friend were struck, but neither was seriously injured.

Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 747-3011.

CTFUUU
09-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Drive-by shootings continue to plague streets of Manatee

STAFF REPORT

MANATEE COUNTY — Authorities are investigating another round of drive-by shootings this weekend in Manatee County, which has been plagued by drive-bys this summer.

The first happened about 2 a.m. Saturday in the 1500 block 57th Avenue West. About a dozen shots were fired. No one was injured.

The second shooting took place about 15 minutes later in the 5600 block of 14th Street West. Samuel Almodovar, 22, and a teenage friend were standing in front of a convenience store when a southbound tan Cadillac drove by.

A shot was fired from the car; both Almodovar and his friend were struck, but neither was seriously injured.

Anyone with information about the shootings is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 747-3011.Those weren't drive-by's, those were EARTHQUAKES!! I wish you fuggas would get your stories str8.....lollllllllllll;)

09-13-2006, 02:12 AM
Tennessee, North Carolina, North Georgia have this “cabin culture” thing going on, the equivalent of mobile home parks in Florida. The difference is the cabins all have wood-burning fireplaces, so when you go outside in the winter, the air is thick with foul smoke. The smoke’s so thick you can't even see the trees. Might as well smoke a carton of cigs with your breakfast.

And then there are parts of Ga. we keep secret so the flock from Fl. doesn't discover it, lol. I saw what was coming in N. Ga a long time ago, so we bought a large chunk of woods in the upper SW part of the state. The hardest thing I had to get used to was no crime...I chit you not. Snoozeville.

I don't miss the noise, 'canes, high property tax/insurance and crime.
I DO miss the zero grocery tax in Fl.
Ga. = 7%
Al. = 8%

BTW, if you come to Ga. I'd advise keeping 1003 on where you hail from. Floridians are not a popular lot up here. (especially hunters) Just a heads up...

09-13-2006, 11:15 AM
S.W. Geogia, R U kidding me :?: :!: We already discovered, and rejected it because it's TORNADO ALLEY.
Hey numnutz, s.w. Georgia is already full of Floridians. You don't see them, on accounta they bought land on spec but were smart not to build on it . . . but they'll sell the land back to you for a higher price, Dumb Dawg.

09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
S.W. Geogia, R U kidding me :?: :!: We already discovered, and rejected it because it's TORNADO ALLEY.

Tornado alley? I thought that was in midwest states west of the Mississippi river.

CTFUUU
09-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey numnutz, s.w. Georgia is already full of Floridians. You don't see them, on accounta they bought land on spec but were smart not to build on it . . . but they'll sell the land back to you for a higher price, Dumb Dawg.Check again! Tornado alley is documented as Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana and parts of Tennessee, Lousianna, Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota! JFYI

09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
“There are parts of Ga. we keep secret so the flock from Fl. doesn't discover it, lol. I saw what was coming in N. Ga a long time ago, so we bought a large chunk of woods in the upper SW part of the state.”

People who live in SW Georgia (where supercell thunderstorms form killer tornadoes) call it tornado alley. How come ya’ll didn’t know this? The thing about killer Oklahoma tornadoes is this: they predictably occur in cycles. The thing about SW Georgia tornadoes is this: they’re unpredictable killers that can occur at any time, so the tornado threat is 24/7/365. And that’s why SW Ga has remained undeveloped (or as the tard above calls it, his “secret” — ha ha ha ha!)