PDA

View Full Version : St. Pete Admin

09-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Can anyone spot the trend here? I think I can:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/01/South ... budg.shtml (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/01/Southpinellas/City_audit_shows_budg.shtml)

09-01-2006, 05:46 PM
It is astounding to know that folks voted Rick Baker into office even after his family’s military contract embezzlement scandal was made public. Was it that he was the lesser of two evils??? Since becoming mayor, Baker has clearly illustrated his inability to manage Your city and its associative services. I am not sure if Baker’s puppets are failing just to make him look better, or if they are really just as incompetent as he. Read the Constitution good people, this is blatant taxation without representation and based upon your complacency, it looks like just the beginning of an even more embarrassing situation for all of St. Pete. You made the bed, you can sleep in it.

Moral Majority
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I can assure you it's not the citizens fault! They did not even bother to show up at the poles to express an opinion on whom would make a better mayor.

09-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Tell me that the earlier post is BS. I just accepted a Marketing position in St. Petersburg and was referred to this site by a friend there. I hope the earlier post was put up by someone who has nothing more to do with their time. Just a joke right? There is no way that St. Petersburg is really that screwed up.

If so: any suggestions as to where to live (area wise)? Looking at "Mid-Town." Need to be close to downtown but in an established, cost-effective and safe neighborhood. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,

09-02-2006, 03:39 AM
You'll see a lot of Republicans on this board who fell for this mayor's conservative, Baptist politics. Family values, blah blah blah. Followed right into W's political formula. They are now surely red-faced at this mayor's antics. He does anything to get ahead and has proven not to be a supporter of public safety or family values.

It's time for wholesale change, folks. To those who actually bought the hook, line and sinker by voting for Baker, let's vote this mayor out!

09-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah, OK........ and Reagan is still president.
Cornbread gave me a koran today, is that a bad sign?