PDA

View Full Version : Question about background investigation and polygraph

08-31-2006, 04:19 AM
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the usual dress code of background investigations and polygraph (suit and tie, polo and khakis, etc.)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

08-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Notes will be made on your appearence and you may just bump into some brass as the polly room is in their work space.

Good luck

08-31-2006, 06:14 AM
so in other words- suit and tie

08-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Kneepads and a back brace

08-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Go with suit and tie.

08-31-2006, 09:26 PM
If your smart your going to a polygraph with an agency other than St. Pete, unless of course you don't mind throwing 2 years of your life away with that sorry excuse for a police department. Because after 2 years you'll want to go to another agency anyway.

09-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Do it right from the beginning. Go to a county agency and don't lose any time by investing in a municipal agency, especially one with the volume of problems as SPPD. Should you move within the state to another county and get on with an SO, you will be able to transfer all/most of your tenure/pension. If you get hired at St Pete, you will lose 100%. There is no good reason to pursue employment here. Talk with lots of folks, read the board, get the facts. Sad but true. Good luck.

09-01-2006, 02:30 AM
Amen

09-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Unfortunatley Im not from the state, so I have not attended the academy, most of the county departments seem to want academy grads. Im really looking to get into a place where i can gain a ton of experience fast, even if it is only for two years, every job is what you make of it.

09-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Yeah buddy I said the same thing a few years ago. So anyone on here saying to go somewhere else is only doing you a favor. But like you said your from another state, you don't know any better just like I didn't, now I know and I take that wisdom and try to pass it on for those that will listen. At least once you waste your time at the saddest excuse for a police department in the entire Tampa Bay area you can rest assure that the surrounding agencies will all have job openings eventually. The only competition for those jobs will be your fellow officers from St. Pete anyways. Goodluck

09-01-2006, 05:06 AM
I understand and i appreciate the advice, is there anything good about the department at all?

09-01-2006, 06:45 AM
I understand and i appreciate the advice, is there anything good about the department at all?

Yes. It sets the mark as a the bad example not to follow.

Whenever a story is told and someone says, "naw... you've got to be pulling my leg!" You'll reply, "it's that way in St. Pete!"

09-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Hell yeah there something good about working at SPPD! You can tell true story after story after story to which folks will respond:
A - You've GOT to be kiddin' me!
B - Holy shit! The chief doesn't really say THAT?
C- You guys can't do what?
D - You poor SOB, lemme buy ya a drink!
E - All of the above.

09-02-2006, 04:06 AM
There is nothing good about SPPD. If you do get hired, be prepared for the 12-14 hour days in FTO. BTW be ready to bang out reports while your "FTO" watches TV and makes comments such as " my P.O. is so stupid could you believe what he/she did?" SPPD was the worst experience of my life!!!!!!

09-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Suit and tie.
Oh, and lubricant. Lots and lots of lubricant.

09-02-2006, 03:55 PM
..... And a can of Kiwi Black, if you want to get into a unit straight out of FTO or make the climb quickly

09-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Just curious how many of you are current SPPD police officers?

09-02-2006, 06:16 PM
None of us, we all work for Largo

09-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Or CPD :lol: :lol:

09-02-2006, 06:54 PM
then why are you on SPPD board saying what a bad department it is and not on your own board saying what a great department you're on?
:?:

09-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I can't speak for all of the 9 million-plus other ex-SPPD'ers, but every once in a while I look in and hope it will be the day I see posts like "Go and Donnie Indicted" or "I Love this place now that Harmon's been fired". I know it won't be anytime soon, but one can dream, right?

I wish someone would sweep the crooks out of there and throw them in jail so you guys could do your jobs again, give the streets back to the law-abiding citizens and be happy.

Picasso
09-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Beware....
When you go for your test..........
Sure he'll be smiling ~ ~ BUT WHY ?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/picassooo1/HUMP.jpg

Is that the HOT LINE to the Chief ? In his left hand?

Question ?: How can a polygrapher maintian an UNBIASED opinion..prior to an interview.....
When he's already stated his Opinion/Bias ?

To wit: "I hate ( insert a certian city zone here ) people"
:evil:

09-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Is that T.S. off to the right? Trying to pick up chicks? Who's wife was he sniffing this time? What a dirt bag he is... Plastic surgery dosn't make him look any younger?

09-03-2006, 06:10 PM
then why are you on SPPD board saying what a bad department it is and not on your own board saying what a great department you're on?
[quote:lqb5x45x]

Former SPPD Officer.......just don't want to see anyone make the same mistake!!!!!!! [/quote:lqb5x45x]