PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

08-26-2006, 07:05 PM
The PBA presented a package for the new contract and the City turned down everything?

It looks like they want to play games with us. I really thought they would step up after everything we've done.

I think the media should get involved to be a large voice and tell the public what is going on here.

How bout it???

08-26-2006, 07:41 PM
I GUESS THE FIGHT IS ON......THE PBA MUST PUSH FOR OUR INTERESTS............... A HEALTH CARE PACKAGE FOR US WHEN WE RETIRE...TO HELP OFF-SET THE COSTS. LET THE FIGHT BEGIN AND WE SHALL BE VICTOROUS......FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. :D

08-26-2006, 08:10 PM
STAY UNITED AND WE WILL PREVAIL!

08-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Is it really true that the PBA presented a contract proposal and the city turned it down? Has anyone seen the PBA reps. at rollcalls? It would be important to know wht the proposals were?
What was the pay proposal and the the other proposals? How can we have unity brothers and sisters if we don't know what was proposed?

08-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I completely agree!!!

Why are out "representatives" not keeping us all informed.

I asked one the other day and was told, (and this is a direct quote) "I dont know what we are trying to get, I am not invovled."

How is a TPD Board member of OUR PBA "not involved"?

08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
In case you have not heard yet, your PBA dues are going up!

08-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Of course they are, you don't expect the PBA meetings to be held in dreary old places do you?

Only resorts and vacation places. Your dues are needed for the better areas so they won't have to go there and get a (gasp) regular room or eat and then pay themselves.

Of course with the crack job that they have done so far they deserve it.

BAHAHAHAHA

08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Since Tpds will be going up, it can only mean that the HCSOs will be going down. Doesn't seem to bother anyone that they do not pay the same as we do, but get the same benefits. I would say representation, but that would be too funny. Everyone should just pay a certain percentage no matter what place on the payscale you are at. Either that or everyone pays the same fixed amount.

I would say that you could go to the PBA meetings to find out what is going on, but that would also be a joke. They will say what they want in public, and then another in private. And people actually voted for Bart Simpson thinking he was some kind of genius and would stand up for doing the right thing. Man I am killing myself with all this funny stuff.
WTF SAD

08-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Check the PBA website there is current information on there as of Friday afternoon August 25th. There is NO truth to the rumor that the City has rejected the entire contract, but read for yourself. Kevin posted lots of information for everyone.

08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
whats the address?

08-27-2006, 11:10 PM
http://www.wcfpba.org

08-28-2006, 03:17 AM
ok help me out where on the site is the contract news it didnt say anything about what was rejected etc. im missing it, please direct me a little better.

08-28-2006, 03:32 AM
The info was limited to, they are working on it.

http://wcfpba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f ... b7dd341d21 (http://wcfpba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=530cf12d9134cb2b938fbcb7dd341d21)

08-28-2006, 03:36 AM
Post one from Durkin:

The following is useful information in reference to the current contract negotiations:
We are about to enter into the economic phase of contract negotiations. We will be submitting a pay proposal to the city in the beginning of September. Our Officers are the best, and they should be paid accordingly. The PBA will not entertain any pay proposals from the City of Tampa that does not show acknowledgement for the great work that's been done by the Officers at TPD.
We are also proposing health insurance and pension proposals, both financial in nature, as well. We will have updates as they develop.
The current contract is set to expire on September 30. 2006. The City does want to have it completed before expiration, and the PBA does as well, provided that our Officers are PROPERLY COMPENSATED.
When the contract is completed, it will be provided on our website for all to review.
EVERY TPD OFFICER WILL RECEIVE A HARD COPY UPDATE OF THE CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN THE CONTRACT PRIOR TO A RATIFICATION VOTE!!
Finally, everyone gets to vote on the contract, so stay tuned for details!!

Post two from Durkin

The PBA and the City have met three times and have completed the majority of the NON-ECONOMIC issues first, which is standard operating procedure.
Of course the survey that all of you have completed is of a great value to our team as we negotiate with the City. The reason for not posting the survey at this time is because the City of Tampa views this site like everyone else.
We have a few non economic issues left and the City is dragging their feet on them. Examples of those are the articles concerning grievances and discipline. The department is using the pending entry innappropriately as an end around to the grievance process and that is the center of the hold up in the grievance article. This may or may not be of great importance to you, but it is certainly important to those officers who find themselves in those situations. We expect to have resolution on those issues during the first week of September.
We are expecting to meet with the City again during the first week of September. Look for updates as to what to expect next.

08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
5,5,5, or I am voting it down, my babies need shoes.

08-28-2006, 01:55 PM
A LITTLE BIT OF THE SUBJECT,BUT THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN BE TRULY REPRESENTED BY SOMEONE THAT IS CURRENTLY IN THE EMPLOY OF THE CITY OF TAMPA POLICE DEPT. OUR PRESIDENT SHOULD NOT BE ON THE CITY PAYROLL AS HE ANSWERS TO THE MAYOR AND THE CHIEF OF POLICE. HOW CAN WE TRUST THE PRESIDENT TO STAND UP FOR US AND TRULY LET OUR FEELINGS BE KNOWN WHEN HE IS PLAYING BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE.SOMETHING WE SHOULD TRULY CONSIDER IS HAVING A RETIREE OR SOMEONE WHO WILL REPRESENT ...JUST US...AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIS JOB OR STANDING IN THE POLICE DEPT. THIS IS OUR UNION BROTHER AND SISTER OFFICERS. LETS DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR TPD,NOT HCSO OR ANY OTHER DEPTS. LETS STOP TALKING AND LETS LOOK INTO MAKING SOME CHANGES TO BENEFIT THE MEMBERS FOR A CHANGE .TAKE A STAND OR BE A PART OF THE PROBLEM .THATS YOUR CHOICE....ENOUGH SAID

08-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Every other union local in the Country is (or should be run) by a current employee. How can the members expect someone to understand their views if he is just a "hired gun". The President of the Florida PBA is a full time politician (no disrespect) but our local should have an active cop.

08-28-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't have a problem with the PBA pres being an active officer, I actually agree with it. And I'm not making any statement about Kevin's leadership either. My problem is that it makes no sense to me that our bargaining unit and our discipline representative are one entity.

Our bargaining unit tries to accomodate a thousand officers who want different things from their contract; naturally they can't make everyone happy all of the time. Conversly, if an officer is active in the union and speaks his mind, he/she will almost certainly ruffle the feathers of some board members. This creates a situation where a member may feel like he/she can't speak out, because when discipline time comes around, maybe the board will not be on his /her side.

For the record, I am not saying any of our board members would hold a grudge or base their actions on a members opinion. I'm just saying that a conflict of interest exists the way things are now. I think our bargaining unit and representative bodies should be seperate. Just my opinion.