PDA

View Full Version : injured officers

08-21-2006, 02:30 PM
a serious question for you guys: this is not a joke and coming from an injured officer facing termination...

In the event an officer in your agency receives a permanent disabling injury, on-duty, what does your agency do? Does it try to find another position within the organization, or does it terminate you (as I am currently facing)?

Do they try to work with the officer, or simply state that if he/she cannot do the job theres the door?

Thanks for any feedback you might have

v-man1

08-21-2006, 04:06 PM
In the past, the 3 I can think of, they worked with them a lot. Let them work the desk, SRO and IA until they either got better or retired. I think they were trying to get rid of one of them, but they medically retired her, I think.

08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
The Department does not carry injured Officers that cannot ever come back to full duty--they must retire or go out on workers comp.
If you get a doctors evaluation that says you will return to full duty within a year the Department trys to work with you and lets you ride a desk as you recover. If its over a year then its workers comp.

08-22-2006, 06:23 PM
The real truth is who you are not your injury.There are people who were given specialty jobs because of there dissabilities and still work here.They could never pass for working the streets but they are allowed to by who they know.Please dont post lies on this site cause the truth has a way of showing up.Look at SSO site they can criticize their boss all they want and expose deadbeat cops on their site without fear of being banned.The dept can do anything they want if they want to if your a chosen one.I dont think they got rid of the female worker,she worked several years on the desk before she left.Just to let you know,you cant be fired for being hurt!! PEACE OUT!! ps watch your actions on street you never know who is watching you!!

08-22-2006, 11:27 PM
You are full of it!!!

08-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Real Answer is correct on how its done now. The Chief goes out his way to help you in this regard--he does not have to let anyone ride a desk for up to a year. Sorry but if you can't get back to full duty work in a year I agree to retirement or workers comp we are short as it is.