PDA

View Full Version : You think YOU aren't happy with PBA? Read this......

08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Does anyone at PBA understand that young active cops don't need better drug or health plans than retirees do? I need the drug Nexium to prevent heart attack-like pain from a hiatal hernia. Our wonderful drug plan has increased the uncovered amount on a 90 day supply to $337!!! It's crazy, and nobody at the PBA gives a shit.

The NYCPBA can kiss my ass. I pay dues for what? I quit. Screw their insurance plan (the one we got taken to the cleaners on due to fraud, remember?), screw their Annuity Fund that made me a whole $18 this quarter, screw their deal with Caremark (who's getting paid off on THAT deal?), and screw the PBA board that doesn't give a rats ass about their members.

And that's just an excerpt. For the whole text go to http://brucesplace.net/cop.htm

Scroll down the page to the section headed "Official NYPD Sites" for more.

:twisted:

08-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, since some of the stuff that is posted on that web page was from the mid 70"s (30 years ago). I wouldn't put to much weight on it. Things have dramatically improved up there since that time.

Furthermore, he complains about the active being taken care of better than the retirees, thats the way it should be! The P.B.A. should fight for some rights for the retirees, but most of their efforts should go to the actives (By the way, I only have 5 years to go).

If you take advantage of your def. comp, drop for 5 years, put all your extra duty money to work (save it) instead of living beyond your means or counting on extra duty to make ends meet. Then you won't have to rely on the P.B.A. or anybody else when you retire!

08-20-2006, 07:22 PM
I recall former PBA President Jim Thompson saying he's trying to make it so you don't have to work when you retire, ie: the new multiplier. he did and we still got screwed. Go figure. Oh wait, the early bird special at Ponderosa is calling me.

08-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, since some of the stuff that is posted on that web page was from the mid 70"s (30 years ago). I wouldn't put to much weight on it. Things have dramatically improved up there since that time.

Good try, PBA organizer.

But the fact is that nothing on the web page was posted prior to 1999, when it was created.

Some of the material covered talks about things that happened up to 60 years ago, but that doesn't mean it was posted back then.

Also, the owner of the page keeps everything very up to date, with the latest update being August 13, 2006.

If you have any doubt that he feels the same today as when he posted the PBA material, click on the Contact Me button on his web page. I'm sure he will give you an earfull.

Furthermore, he complains about the active being taken care of better than the retirees, thats the way it should be!

It may seem that he is saying that, but actually he's saying that the retirees have a greater need in the area of health care, both because of their age and what they have experienced on the job over the years. Your response reflects the same selfish attitude we have seen in other areas where active and retired officers compete for benefits.

It's sad to see...............

:(