PDA

View Full Version : Posting

08-18-2006, 11:09 AM
You know, this message board has so much potention. We could use this board to get to know each other better, and improve our agency. Yet, all I see are "guest" making negative comments about other deputies, and throwing people under the bus, and ragging on other agencies.

How about we do this:

If you post on this board, grow some balls, and put your name to your post. I know there are a bunch of security guards and people who didn't make it in the academy, who post on our boards, pretending to be deputies. I know there are a lot of MSO employees trying to let other deputies know about their negative traits, slamming them while hiding behind a computer screen. Everyone who uses this message board needs to look at the big picture: how is this board going to improve our image as law enforcement with some of the crap posted here? It's only going to make our jobs more difficult, and our credit look like crap to the general public.

If you have an issue, post it up. Use your name and work together to solve the freaking problem. We all have negative traits that anyone can rag on. What are you afraid of? Someone posting crap about you? Little 3rd graders making fun of you? Higher ups seeing your name and reading your opinion?Who gives a f@ck. If you care enough about an issue that you want solved, than work to try and solve the issue.

I quit coming to this board a couple years ago because all the crap on here. But I see it has only gotten worse. We all work together, and we all say "hello" to each other when we're face to face. Why is it different when your hiding behind you computer? If you have something negative to say, say it to my face, and if your posting something on this site, let use know who you are. This is the most childish shit I've ever seen in my life. And the funny thing is, most of you think your better than the person next to you. Everyone needs to look at their selves in the mirror and realize we all have ways to improve our life and our work ethic. Quit *****ing and try to better yourself.
I'm truely losing respect for this career field and the ones that patrol side by side next to me. I have never posted anything on this site without using my name. Why? Because in elementary school, they tought me the "stick and stones" deal. Just like the sheriff explained many years ago in a squad meeting, "If you have a complaint, send me a memo with your name on it. If you send me an annonymous letter, I have little respect for the memo, and less respect for the writer".

Anyone doing this job for any amount of time should know there are two sides of every issue. I agree very much that we need to let deputies know when they talk too much on the radio. I agree we need to let management know when they screw up our insurance. I agree we need to TRAIN new deputies and RE-TRAIN some senior deputies, and this can all be done very easily. By talking to someone and getting to know them. And by listening to BOTH sides of the issue. And by being honest and respectful. And people need to learn how to take critizism as well. When someone is trying to give you the heads up on something stupid you're doing, don't tell them to F-off. Maybe sit back and take what they're saying as a beneficial to your career. I wish many of times some senior deputies would have sat me a side and told me I was a hyper-active W30 rookie 9 years ago. They would have been doing me a favor.

And before the 3rd graders come out from under their desk and try to slam me: I know....I'm lazy, I work for lazy SED, I'm a shitty photographer, I spend all my time at the jail food line, I walk funny, I teach a class in agency specifics that a monkey could teach, and I can't spell....anything else? Please let me know.

Moderator (whoever the hell you are)......
I beg you to delete post that are made by "guest" and annonymous posters. I know that isn't going to happen, but please don't promote the fact that we can post annonymously. If this message board continues the track it's on, we will truely loose any respect we have held on to in the past few decades. In light of recent criminals within our agency, do we really need anymore crap on our shoes while doing this job?

And the response of the peanut gallery is?

08-18-2006, 12:43 PM
What day is Fried chicken up at da port Andy?

08-18-2006, 08:01 PM
don't you guy's in SID have anything better to do?

AND IT'S FRIDAY :wink:

08-18-2006, 08:08 PM
No it's Thursday for Chicken, and Friday is Fish.

And yeah, come on SID, lets go do some work.

08-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Kudos for the great post, Andy...

Maybe some will take it to heart and stop some of the negativity.

But sadly, most won't. They get off on making other people feel bad and hurt. These are the ones who are not satisfied with and miserable in their own lives, and need to take others down that path with them..

But thank you very much for making a positive post. It is very much appreciated by *this* MSO employee.

I would love to have signed my name, but that would just cause more negative issues in this positive post, so, I won't.

But thanks again..
:) :) :) :) :) :)