PDA

View Full Version : POLICE DEPT.

08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Hey, just wondering if someone could relay some info re: Police Department and Government in Zolfo Springs? Read alot in news papers plus grapevine news and still don't know more than if I had not read them. If anyone could shed some details, would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :wink:

10-18-2006, 02:24 PM
They went through a tough spot with their rotating Chief possision for a while, but things look a bit more stable with thier new Chief. They still only have a couple of full time officers, but they do have 24 hour coverage now. And he seems to have cleaned out he troublemakers from the department.

All I know for sure is that the S.O. hasn't had to take a hand in any of their messes since Ricky Selph left (or was terminated depending on who you ask).

N728DA
07-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Is Detective Brittingham still employed at ZSPD?

-N728DA

07-16-2007, 03:33 AM
That's a big negative. There was some trouble w/ him a while back and he is no longer employed there.

N728DA
07-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks HCSO. I remember reading in the Highlands Today a couple years ago that the acting Mayor terminated his employment and when she resigned he was reinstated. Can you elaborate on what happened? If not, I totally understand.

Thanks!

-N728DA

08-25-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't know all of the details, but from what I've heard it was discovered that he was a little less than truthfull on his application and a proper background check was never done.

N728DA
09-12-2007, 06:39 AM
I don't know all of the details, but from what I've heard it was discovered that he was a little less than truthfull on his application and a proper background check was never done.

Thank You for the information. While driving through Zolfo the other day I saw one of the new Dodge Charger Cruisers. They look pretty sharp. Does ZSPD Have a "reserve force"?

Thanks!

-N728DA

10-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Not that I know of, all but two of their officers are part-time though.

11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Well all is good at the Zolfo Springs Police Dept. All new staff got rid of all the old officers and gained all new officers. New equipment and new cars. I hear its the place to work now.
Got a great Chief and he is a good man to work for.

11-23-2007, 10:55 PM
hunh??? who wants to live in zolfo, never mind work there....

12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't know if it's "the place to work now" is really accurate, but they have meade great improvements.

01-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Could anyone tell me if Mark Gisas still works there, he was an Academy classmate of mine from years back. If not, does anyone no where he might be?

tanandblack
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Mark left some time back. I heard that he went out west to Wyoming or Montana. Maybe the Chief has a forwarding address.

01-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Mark went to Alpine Police dept in WY

10-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Mark Gizas is in Moorcroft, Wyoming, now.

11-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I was fired and then reinstated by city council. My vengeful x wife moved next to the mayor and was dating the officer that was arrested. City council saw that this was a personal issue by the mayor and x wife, and reinstated me. After I lost my house in the Hurrican, I moved out west, like I always wanted to. The x officer, that was arrested started that rumour about my application, and you can see where it got him. LOL

Unregistered
06-23-2017, 03:41 PM
mark gizas is a peice of shit, i recall him stalking my mother as a child, he would come in to pioneer restaraunt where my mother was a waitress, and say creepy shit like tell her what she was watching on tv the night before, late at night. i personally was 8 years old and remember looking out the bedroom window at night and see him leaning against his car on the street alongside our house, and i couldve swore he was throwing thingslike he was trying to tap the windows to mess with my mom. we litterally sold our house and moved, because of the cheif laughing at my mothers accusations. so yeah, hes no hero. hes just another zolfo springs florida "creep cop"