PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to Unmarked Flying FHP Troopers

08-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Just wanted to say hi to the troopers driving the 4 unmarked cars in civilian clothes on I-10 in Tallahassee today. ALL blew my doors off, 1 was tail gating a civilian vehicle and a marked FHP cruiser was tailgating that unmarked car. It sure looked professional to me.

Luckily I believe in professional courtesy. By the way, your tag numbers are easy to read when you are passing others...

Be kind, do unto others as you wish others to do unto you.... :snicker:

08-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Get a life!

08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
WOW ! HERE'S ONE FOR YOU. A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO MY FRIEND A FELLOW OFFICER WAS INVOLVED IN A S/4 IN THE AREA OF I-95 AND 10TH AV. THE TROOPER (NOI) WAS WELL AWARE THIS OFFICER WAS ON THE JOB. HE WROTE HIM A CIT FOR FAILURE TO MAINTAIN HIS VEH. WHEN ASKED IF HE CAN OVER LOOK IN WRITTING THE CIT. THE TROOPER REPLIED, THEY WERE REQUIRED TO SUBMITT CITATIONS.
I WILL FIND OUT THIS TROOPERS NAME AND ADVISE ON MY NEXT VISIT TO THIS CITE ! GOT YOUR BACK TO THE REAL COPS !!!!

GOT BALLS ?! SUPER TROOPER ?!

MOD 310
08-09-2006, 09:24 PM
At one time FHP was not required to cite officers involved in a crash if it was in a patrol car. As of about 5 or 6 years ago they must if the officer is at fault per the policy manual. That was one of the first policies Col Knight changed. There have been many FHP sergeants that have had to write there own guys tickets in a crash. The trooper had no choice.

08-09-2006, 11:35 PM
TRUE, I JUST CONFIRMED THAT W/ A BUDDY WHO IS A TROOPER.

THANKS..

LOOK A TROOPER ! :o : SLOW DOWN !!! :shock:

08-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Heres a clue. Who cares, Its a cops leave em alone and mind your own,,geez. This is a prime example of stirring the pot

08-10-2006, 02:44 AM
let's sue the FHP. It not right nor do I think it is legal to say that every crash must have a ticket attached to it. Sometimes things happen especially to Officers dealing with the computer listing to there radio trying to get to your house, because your wife hears someone outside our house while your working. some pulls out in front of use. It part of the job. We shouldn't be punishing our brothers for something that happened during the course of their job. To say that the Trooper has no discretion at all, that's crazy. The FHP is getting to be a joke. Someone needs to step in. I understand witting tickets in some situations. However you trust the Trooper with the authority to arrest a 30k dollar vehicle a handgun, 12 gauge, ect. However you don't trust their judgment as if a ticket is needed. Wait till the media hears this. The public hates to hear about ticket quotas. Which in a way this is.

08-10-2006, 03:50 AM
Look, I am a City officer. Stop *****ing and learn to drive. You will be the only one suing. You can't sue for something that is your fault. If you think you might crash, cut through the citie's and avoid the highways. We are not above the law. I have never wrotten an officer but if thats there policy then it is. I know troopers that have had to cite officers in accidents but didnt show up when the ticket was taken to court. Get over it!

08-10-2006, 07:40 AM
[quote="lets sue"]let's sue the FHP. It not right nor do I think it is legal to say that every crash must have a ticket attached to it. Sometimes things happen especially to Officers dealing with the computer listing to there radio trying to get to your house, because your wife hears someone outside our house while your working. quote] :twisted: Dont worry about the noise outside your house, thats just a trooper she invited over :shock: . If you cant drive and listen to the radio, dont. If you cant drive and deal with your computer, dont. Bottom line, if your so ignorant that you cant chew gum and walk at the same time you must have slipped through the cracks in the hiring process or your agency has lowered it's standards. Maybe disgruntled becasue the Highway Patrol wouldn't hire you. Most agencies have policies about using CPU's while driving. Learn to drive and shut the F up :P

08-10-2006, 01:49 PM
No I never applied with FHP. I don't like accidents, and I can't afford the pay they get. My agency sends us the notes of the call on our computer. The discription of suspects that kinda stuff. We also have to hit buttons on the computer 10-51 ect. It never fails that DSP will send the call on the computer as they are putting it out by voice. My point being that as a Police Officer in a Patrol vechicle we have a lot more things we have to do as part of the job. Luckly most agency in Pinellas investigate there own traffic accidents. Where we don't write our officers. I point is that have a G.O. to write a ticket at every crash is stupid. Stay safe

08-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Just wanted to say hi to the troopers driving the 4 unmarked cars in civilian clothes on I-10 in Tallahassee today. ALL blew my doors off, 1 was tail gating a civilian vehicle and a marked FHP cruiser was tailgating that unmarked car. It sure looked professional to me.

Luckily I believe in professional courtesy. By the way, your tag numbers are easy to read when you are passing others...

That was you? Sh1t. I am gonna switch tags now.

08-11-2006, 01:19 AM

If you'da looked real hard you would have seen those were our Cessna's. We were just screwing with you !!

12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
If the officer was at fault in the accident as per FHP policy the
trooper needs to give a citation. If the officer is in a marked patrol
vehicle and officer is at fault, then a sergeant has to make the
report and issue the citation.

So before you find out the troopers name and throw him
out there, follow up on the policies.

And by the way, that trooper will probably not show up for
court so that the judge can dismiss the case.

WOW ! HERE'S ONE FOR YOU. A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO MY FRIEND A FELLOW OFFICER WAS INVOLVED IN A S/4 IN THE AREA OF I-95 AND 10TH AV. THE TROOPER (NOI) WAS WELL AWARE THIS OFFICER WAS ON THE JOB. HE WROTE HIM A CIT FOR FAILURE TO MAINTAIN HIS VEH. WHEN ASKED IF HE CAN OVER LOOK IN WRITTING THE CIT. THE TROOPER REPLIED, THEY WERE REQUIRED TO SUBMITT CITATIONS.
I WILL FIND OUT THIS TROOPERS NAME AND ADVISE ON MY NEXT VISIT TO THIS CITE ! GOT YOUR BACK TO THE REAL COPS !!!!

GOT BALLS ?! SUPER TROOPER ?!

12-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Everytime I come to this site all I read about is people griping cause some Trooper wrote them a Tciket. Is that all this site is about?

12-12-2007, 09:58 PM
At one time FHP was not required to cite officers involved in a crash if it was in a patrol car. As of about 5 or 6 years ago they must if the officer is at fault per the policy manual. That was one of the first policies Col Knight changed. There have been many FHP sergeants that have had to write there own guys tickets in a crash. The trooper had no choice.
Wrong!!!!! Hall enacted that policy!

12-12-2007, 10:11 PM
tell your friend to show up to court. It will get dismissed because no witnesses will be there..

12-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Wrong!!!!! Hall enacted that policy!

And Knight agreed and let it stand. He could have changed it.

12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
let's sue the FHP. It not right nor do I think it is legal to say that every crash must have a ticket attached to it. Sometimes things happen especially to Officers dealing with the computer listing to there radio trying to get to your house, because your wife hears someone outside our house while your working. some pulls out in front of use. It part of the job. We shouldn't be punishing our brothers for something that happened during the course of their job. To say that the Trooper has no discretion at all, that's crazy. The FHP is getting to be a joke. Someone needs to step in. I understand witting tickets in some situations. However you trust the Trooper with the authority to arrest a 30k dollar vehicle a handgun, 12 gauge, ect. However you don't trust their judgment as if a ticket is needed. Wait till the media hears this. The public hates to hear about ticket quotas. Which in a way this is.

Yea wait until the media hears about this...whatever. I like the newspaper release a few months back in Jacksonville bashing JSO for not writing their own guys tickets in crashes. The article said FHP writes our own and others when at fault, just like the general public. This is not a quota...don't wreck your ride and you won't tote paper.

12-16-2007, 05:00 PM
:P