PDA

View Full Version : LT. MILLER LEAVING

08-07-2006, 12:48 PM
I can't believe Lt. Miller is leaving the department. His last day is August, 21's. He is the one who keep this sqaud together and the one who motivates are future.

Chief, seat back and look at what is really going on. When one of our best supervisor's are leaving PCPD. The one supervisor who had no favorite and demanded respect on both side of the chain of command. He believed in his morals and expected his troops to display moral and respect for others. He is highly respected in the eyes of many officers at PCPD and the community. We all should take one of his great traits and use it to make PCPD a better place to work. Lt. Miller is the best example of a decaded and loyal, police officer/ supervisor. We have many more of his kind maturing on the side lines. If we all are giving the fair chance. All your dreams will come true for Plant City Police Department.

The changes we are about to weather may be terrible. If the chief don't make some changes fast we will loose many people. Delta sqaud is going to be the first people to start leaving. Lt. Miller was the only one holding the sqaud together. She is terrible as a supervisor . She is another Sgt. Sims but she may be worse. We all can't bare to hear her degrate people on the radio and the nasty chats to all. How quickly she forget she didn't even pass the Sgt. exam but she wears the strips like she earned them.

Changes are good as long as Sherrie don't get the opportunity to run all the good officer's off from PCPD. D sqaud is a good sqaud and has GREAT officers.

Plant City is loosing to many experienced officers to other agenices. On count of the good ol boy sytem.

This is not to slame Sherrie. Her deication, communication and concerns is not the cares or worries for the sqaud. She is not concerned about us guys working on her shift. She is concerned about what ever is going on in her world.

We all can't leave the squad, nor go to CID or the COPS unit. Plant City is a great police department but the micro managing does not work anymore. Everyone of us are adults and should be treated with respect. If Sherrie, would start being a supervisor who really cared about her people and gave respect to us. Maybe she wouldn't be bad but she has no respect for our opinion or cares. Everything is a agruement, debate or not important to her.

She does not stand up for us. When she knows the whole incident. She could have save one of us from not getting a write up, but her choose was not to stand up for her officer's. She let the officer take the heat because of conflict the two of them had in the past.

We as officer's are not at the top of her concern when she is at work. She don't care about what happen to us officer's. We are just a pain in her backside. Which she hates us to bother her and don't respond to our scenes. "Thank God" we all have cell phones to advised her of the robberies scenes. She didn't respond to as a supervisor. She is getting the extra pay for the strips. Yes, she can bark out orders over the radio and make everyone upset because she degrade you over the radio.

We have allot of new officer on the squad who may need help or question. They are too scared to call her because she always act if we are bothering her or interupting her from what ever she is doing.

We all would like represent PCPD with a positive attitude and give the commuinity 100 %. It's difficult to give the highest working ability we can offer. If we have a supervisor who don't support her troops. Not to mention the negativity it causes between all of us on the squad. We are worried and concern of the out come of this change. Lt.Miller kept her in check with her people skills.

I hope this don't fall on death ears..

08-07-2006, 02:28 PM
You are completely right... No false in those words....

08-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Maybe Sgt Miller should have started by teaching you how to write a complete sentence, and making a little more sense. Wow! I hope your reports are not that bad, but if your on the that squad, they are.

08-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Lt. Miller will be greatly missed. He is an excellent supervisor and now unfortunately we only have two or three left.

08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
maybe the slam about the writers grammer is correct, but don't change the truth of the topic....

08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
***but if your on the that squad, they are.....****quote from perfect..See, your not perfect either.....

08-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Wow, that post is just silly. If you are such a fan of Lt.Miller you would know just by talking to him that he would not be an advocate of slamming someone like you just did and not saying it to their face. D squad is d squad...they are hard chargers and hard to come into unless you are ready to be the same...i think they had their doubts about Craven coming in just as I am sure Craven had her doubts about going to the squad. But from what I hear from the guys I have talked to on the squad, she has treated them well and after a little bit of a learning curve at the beginning it has been pretty smooth. If I'm not mistaken D squad has been consistantly the best squad(stat wise) for a since Singletary was their Sgt. , and though he is gone they are still kicking ass and taking names....so you can't really say they are ruined. As far as them leaving...who knows.....there are alway rumors. But yes, though your post is ignorant, LT. Miller will be missed deeply, I myself always thought him to be the next Chief, but he has his personal needs as many others do. Good luck in the future LT.

08-09-2006, 11:47 AM
That sucks that Plant City is still loseing good officers. Lt. Miller was a great supervisor while I was there. Hopefully someone in the administration will eventually see that there is something broken and fix it or risk loosing more dedicated and professional officers. I wish Lt. Miller the best

08-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Well, I hear that the EAB meeting went well, apparently there will be no reduction in the pension contribution, insurance costs will increase 12%, and no firm word on what kind of raise we will get, if any. SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!!

08-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Sounds like you all need to catch the Blue Flu

08-11-2006, 02:51 PM
That is why there are so many of us "former" PCPD officers.

08-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Apparently no one knows why LT is leaving. He has said nothing about the PD being why he is leaving. LT is a great person and has a family, when his family calls he goes. I guess none of you have taken the time to ask why it is he is leaving. Its not like he is leaving the PD and going somewhere local, he is going to Ohio. Its kind of difficult to live there and stay at PCPD. So before you all go bashing the PD, take the time to find out why he is leaving. Yes, there are things that need to be worked out there, but instead of complaining and bashing the PD on here, doesnt your chief have an open door policy?
As I recall he does, so go tell him.

B. Miller, I wish you the best, and you will be missed..

07-28-2007, 07:01 PM
you guys r right about the problems. even the chief knows of cravens on duty affairs(cars parking at her home,in the garage) not responding to scenes,and the dating of her and stwan while on the same shift and was not only reported to the chief and looked into but nothing was done..but she has only lied face to face to the chief when asked about the dating incidents so I guess some things will never change,swept under the rug and i know ..if i dont like it here go to a different agency...way to go chief..i could see if her affairs did not interfer with her job ...but what job is she pursuing.

07-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Apparently no one knows why LT is leaving. He has said nothing about the PD being why he is leaving. LT is a great person and has a family, when his family calls he goes. I guess none of you have taken the time to ask why it is he is leaving. Its not like he is leaving the PD and going somewhere local, he is going to Ohio. Its kind of difficult to live there and stay at PCPD. So before you all go bashing the PD, take the time to find out why he is leaving. Yes, there are things that need to be worked out there, but instead of complaining and bashing the PD on here, doesnt your chief have an open door policy?
As I recall he does, so go tell him.

B. Miller, I wish you the best, and you will be missed..

I spoke to Bryan a couple of days before he left. There were several reasons he stated for leaving. One of the reasons he left was pay. He stated he was going to return to the Air Force due to the higher pay and benefits.