PDA

View Full Version : LAPD

08-05-2006, 02:22 PM
This ought to be good. I am looking forward to seeing what others have to say about this place. Count me in.

:twisted:

08-10-2006, 03:06 AM
I can tell you what I have to say. I am a Sgt. in Miami Fl. and we love seeing your chases everyday on the news. Keep up the good chases. Wish we were aloud to chase more than we do.

08-22-2006, 07:51 PM
what chases are you talking about Sgt? Cause I can not remember the last chase we had here in midnight central.

Amused
08-22-2006, 09:24 PM
It would seem as though the hype of our nation's televised vehicle chases has glamourized the idea of not only chasing, but more importantly and disturbingly, the fleeing of hardened and sometimes novice criminals. These chases happen all the time and rarely end with positive results. More often than not, somebody gets hurt or killed and it is often the un-suspecting citizen who ends up the victim. Don't believe the hype. It is not all what you think it is unless you arre a cop and have been behind the wheel during a chase. Tunnel vision, audible sensory deprivation and a whole lot of other physiological effects take place, all the while we are to maintain continuous communications with dispatch, our fellow officers and keep the damn car on the road...lot's to think about...Next time, change the channel. If the bad guy thinks that nobody is watching then perhaps he will think twice about fleeing.

copfactor
08-31-2006, 07:56 AM
[color=darkblue]Are there any LAPD cops on these boards? I would like to hear from you guys. How is your Chief? Is he better or worse than Parks?? I heard that guy was dirty. His daughter was arrested running dope with some Bloods?? Any truth to this??

09-13-2006, 02:53 AM
I can tell you what I have to say. I am a Sgt. in Miami Fl. and we love seeing your chases everyday on the news. Keep up the good chases. Wish we were aloud to chase more than we do.Who the hell are you kidding! We don't chase at all in Miami. LAPD be happy you got Bratton and not the Irish A$$ Clown John Timoney :!: :twisted:

10-22-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm a cop in South Florida. I have always looked up to LAPD. As a rookie I was motivated by a tv special on Pete Casey. Is he still around. What Division?

10-23-2006, 10:44 PM
If I were a criminal, I would only commit crimes in cities who have a no chase policy. (Baltimore is the first) All you have to do, is get to a car and your free. Imagine not chasing a car full of terrorist only to have them escape and fullfill their misson. They popped a red light, you put on the lights, they flee, you turn off the light, and they go free. You want to stop chases? give them a year in prison for every traffic control device they violate. Suspened their license for LIFE. Chases will be a rare event if they get more time for running than the crime they are running from. But not chasing someone who is flreeing the police, is absured. I am not FOR chases, been in too many and almost been killed, but if all you have to do is run in a car to get away, they will.

10-24-2006, 04:18 AM
If I were a criminal, I would only commit crimes in cities who have a no chase policy. (Baltimore is the first) All you have to do, is get to a car and your free. Imagine not chasing a car full of terrorist only to have them escape and fullfill their misson. They popped a red light, you put on the lights, they flee, you turn off the light, and they go free. You want to stop chases? give them a year in prison for every traffic control device they violate. Suspened their license for LIFE. Chases will be a rare event if they get more time for running than the crime they are running from. But not chasing someone who is flreeing the police, is absured. I am not FOR chases, been in too many and almost been killed, but if all you have to do is run in a car to get away, they will.

Well said. I agree 100%. I am not trying get in a chase, dont like em, but we gotta fix this bs. Well the law maker need to fix it. What can we do about this?? LAPD ought to step up cause all other departmants around the US follow their lead. Look LAPD, like it or not you guys are famous! People copy you guys so lets see some change from LAPD Admin. If you guys and your DA started charging these scum bags for every traffic violation and the wreck and following it through to a conviction I'm sure my department would follow.... Plus your admin could sway lawmakers..
10yr female vet from a Florida Sheriff's Office
Also it would be nice to hear from some LADP cops.
PS, I never have time to watch the bs TV shows.

11-12-2006, 05:43 AM
where is sgt.friday? best L.A.P.D.COP/DET. U GUYS HAVE EVER HAD,L.O.L. GET OVER YOURSELVES,U GUYS AINT SH..!!! BRAIN WASHED TO THINK DIFFERENTLY,PERO NO!YOU HAVE A BASICALLY BIGOTED P.D. WITH SOME REAL ABUSIVE COPS OF ALL COLORS AND NATIONALITIES AND WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO COMPLIMENT YOUR CHASE POLICY,SOME JERK ACTS LIKE HE IS ABOVE US!!
REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I WENT WEST TO VISIT AND TRAIN WITH SOME LAPD GUYS.. THERE WERE 2 HISPANICS,GONZALEZ AND RODRIGUEZ AND NEITHER WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE ME IN SPANISH.. I SAID,"DONT U GUYS SPEAK SPANISH"?? MR GONZALEZ SAID,"NO WE R 3RD GENERATION" WHAT AN A.. HOLE,LOSER... HE COULDNT HAVE BEEN MORE HISPANIC LOOKING IF BROUGHT FROM MAYAN TEMPLE,POBRECITO!! TRYING TO BE ANGLO DOESNT WORK. BE PROUD OF WHO U R AND WHERE U CAME FROM,COME PINGA!
THEN PROVE U BELONG AND R BETTER PREPARED THAN THOSE WHO ARE LANGUAGE CHALLENGED!!!
MIAMI P.D. ,REAL BILINGUAL COP,ESE!!!!!!!!!

towncop
11-13-2006, 07:42 AM
I'm a cop in South Florida. I have always looked up to LAPD. As a rookie I was motivated by a tv special on Pete Casey. Is he still around. What Division?

I'm the same with. I enjoyed watching Pete on the Discovery Channel special "On The Inside." I asked about him on another board and was told that yes, he is still there and a Sgt. now and that he beat his illness. I believe he's with the Pacific Division.

copfactor
11-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Dragnet: you sure make some outlanding accusations. How do you know LAPD is basically racist?? Did you work there? Were you arrested there?? And guess what? Alot of 3rd generation americans don't speak thier langauage of heritage! Why does that make them Assholes???? And why does that make anyone "trying to look angle"?? And for the record, Spanish is a European languange, who are mostly "Anglo" (like that is a bad thing or something). So, until you work in a war zone like LA and put up with a racist minority community, you should be more respectful of your hermanos de azul!!!!

11-14-2006, 05:21 AM
oye,ese from miami! yea,i know who u r. stop trying to besar culo,sapingo. if u want to know how racist lapd is just watch the news,ese.the only folks they beat up are blacks and hispanic....no matter how many generations,its a disgrace when u try to hide where u came from.. these r self hating hispanics.. only a besa culo would deny their parents language or background... u dont see that with orientals in seattle or cubans in miami,ese!trying to look angle? u must be a loser who hasnt learned english either,l.o.l.
WAR ZONE? TRY MIAMI,COME MIERDA.. WE HAVE SQUASHED MORE RIOTS THAN LAPD....
GO BACK TO MPD SITE,U KISS A!!... TIGRES,THEY WILL ALWAYS HATE THAT U R BILINGUAL AND IN 2025 WILL RUN THE COUNTRY SO DONT HATE YOUR SPANISH/MAYAN HERITAGE!!!!!!!!!!!EMBRACE IT,ESE...

11-15-2006, 01:01 AM
CITY p.o. dont be so harsh on these guys,they are from another mindset..
yo soy dominicano y con orgullo but over here its different.. the mind set,violent and sometmes anti-everything has been passed down forever..
un dia nosotros might be able to change some hearts,especially from the hispancs or as we are called here,latinos!! For now,we will continue being treated as second class citizens and keep paying large settlements to minorities who you see on the news getting the tar beat out of them...
DIABLO,QUE SE VASER?

11-15-2006, 04:30 AM
AS OUR FAMOUS VI. SAID,"CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG"??
THE NEW VI.,ALLEGED,VICIOUS GANG MEMBER SAID,"IT WAS TO MUCH"
DONT U JUST LOVE THESE CROOKS?L.O.L.

11-16-2006, 11:15 PM
How about... we are in America and the primary language is English... If you don't want to speak it, then go back to your Country. I am a So Florida cop too and can't even go to a fast food place in Miami without looking for someone that speaks English. I've been to both cities (Miami and LA). Who cares who has the worst area. But I can see that you have never been to LA if you think Miami is ten times worse. Racism is everywhere, get used to it. But we are all cops.

copfactor
11-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Seemed to be a few racists cops from Florida that think being "anglo" is a bad thing. I am just as proud of being European and you are of being hispanic/latin/spanish/etc. descent! What I love about being a cop is that we don't see skin color. At least not the cops I work with. We are ALL the same color when we were the same uniform! SAD.......

11-27-2006, 09:19 PM
than why are all the perps being beaten and killed,black or latino??? whites commit crime too but they are treated differently so there goes your,ALL THE SAME EXCUSE!!! COPFACTOR,THE MIAMI,FL. COPS ARNT RACIST,THEY JUST CALL THEM HOW THEY SEE THEM!!! PENDEJO,L.O.L.
NO ONE SE VA DEL PAIS,I THINK THATS HOW YOU SAY IT,,,,,

11-28-2006, 12:44 AM
si brother,thats true.. we may dress alike at work but we dont treat others with respect,heck man,some dont even treat each other with respect IN UNIFORM...
lapd has some serious problems with minorities so copfactor,take a good look around,mi hermano!! la cosa esta bien mal over here and the chief and others are just for window display only!!!!
MIAMI HAS FACED MORE RIOTS THAN US AND THEIR LATINO COPS STILL SPEAK SPANISH TOO... WHATS WRONG WITH THAT??
OH AND THE LANGUAGE,ITS A DISGRACE THAT HISPANICS DONT SPEAK SPANISH AND ENGLISH... THEY DONT CAUSE THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR HERITAGE,NOT CAUSE THEY ARE IN AMERICA... ALL GROUPS ASIMILATE BUT THE BEST ALWAYS KEEP THEIR ROOTS AND LANGUAGE... I GUESS ONLY US MEXICANS HAVE TO DROP NUESTRO ESPANOL,WHILE ASIANS AND OTHER EUROPEANS GET TO KEEP THIERS ALIVE!! ORALE ESE....

12-01-2006, 01:15 AM
lets call a truce and all just get along. orale.

12-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Dragnet: you sure make some outlanding accusations. How do you know LAPD is basically racist?? Did you work there? Were you arrested there?? And guess what? Alot of 3rd generation americans don't speak thier langauage of heritage! Why does that make them Assholes???? And why does that make anyone "trying to look angle"?? And for the record, Spanish is a European languange, who are mostly "Anglo" (like that is a bad thing or something). So, until you work in a war zone like LA and put up with a racist minority community, you should be more respectful of your hermanos de azul!!!!

thats how they are in miami im sorry on thier big mouths

12-17-2006, 03:22 AM
si brother,thats true.. we may dress alike at work but we dont treat others with respect,heck man,some dont even treat each other with respect IN UNIFORM...
lapd has some serious problems with minorities so copfactor,take a good look around,mi hermano!! la cosa esta bien mal over here and the chief and others are just for window display only!!!!
MIAMI HAS FACED MORE RIOTS THAN US AND THEIR LATINO COPS STILL SPEAK SPANISH TOO... WHATS WRONG WITH THAT??
OH AND THE LANGUAGE,ITS A DISGRACE THAT HISPANICS DONT SPEAK SPANISH AND ENGLISH... THEY DONT CAUSE THEY ARE ASHAMED OF THEIR HERITAGE,NOT CAUSE THEY ARE IN AMERICA... ALL GROUPS ASIMILATE BUT THE BEST ALWAYS KEEP THEIR ROOTS AND LANGUAGE... I GUESS ONLY US MEXICANS HAVE TO DROP NUESTRO ESPANOL,WHILE . AND OTHER EUROPEANS GET TO KEEP THIERS ALIVE!! ORALE ESE....Third World City!

12-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Orale Bato:

Whether in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York or Miami, Hispanics who have dedicated their lives to serving our respective communities, one theme is constant, most of us are damn good COP!. Mostly because many of us have come up the hard way; from the mean streets of our cities. Is not easy staying clean when you live in areas infected with criminal types.

Mexican Americans are descendants of a nation rich in culture and history. I know, I lived there, in DF, before getting my green card and legally migrating to the USA in the early 60s.

For the sake of assimilation, no immigrating people should be expected to discard; forget its heritage, language and customs. It is what makes our nation great.

Keep the faith; reconnect with your culture, It's one to be proud of!

copfactor
12-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Black Cop: What a racist you are! You say only black and latinos are beaten and killed in LA. Back that up! Where are your facts? And it seems you ascert that it is White cops doing all this "killing"? I guess black and latin cops do no wrong, or did you forget the Rampart scandal involved only black and latin cops!! (All the phoney allegations made by these same cops were found to be false or withour meret!). Or what about all the dirty cops in Miami in the 90's?? Again, all latino and black!! And whats up with the personal attack? "Pendajo"? So typical!

Verdad: If your fellow cops dont treat you with respect is it possible you don't deserve respect?? And did being a spanish speaking department help prevent the riots?? Does it help now?? I doubt it! Being a professional and fair cop will always get you further!! I agree with you that you should maintain your heritage and language but disagree that those who don't do so out of shame. How do you know?? And your false claim that only Mexicans have to forget their language, I only know very few Italian/Americans that speak Italian. Or German/Americans that still speak german. Your's is truly a racist statement! The only serious problems LAPD has with minorities is that gangs a crime in those neighborhoods.

And Miami Retired: I have never heard that people in America have to give up their heritage! I agree, that no one should, but some chose to do so on their own. That is their right, so live with it. And being proud of one's heritage isn't only limited to blacks and latinos. Like I said before I am PROUD to be of European descent, but much more PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!!

12-28-2006, 05:06 AM
I'm a hispanic cop here in South Florida. I have researched LAPD, and compared it to Miami PD. It is easy to determine that LAPD as a whole is superior to MPD in almost every aspect. I work here in South Florida and I know for a fact that what MPD deals with does not even come close to the action in LA. Come on Miami guys, lets be real....we ain't got nothing on LAPD. Look at the facts.

Now on being racist. I believe there is a lot of racism among the ranks of Officers all over the US. There is no need for that. You can not generalize a whole class and label them bad. Do the right thing and you'll feel good about yourself. Stop drinking that "haterade" and judge people by the content of their character, and not by the color of their skin.

There is no place for a racist cop.

copfactor
12-29-2006, 03:12 AM
Stay Motivated is right. Things are really bad in LA and the surrounding area. They average 7 officer involved shootings a week!! SEVEN!! It is a mini war zone. And they have one of the lowest ration of cops vs. citizens. Know the facts! But there really is no place for racism. From any race! And especially in Law Enforcement! We should all be united to end violence and crime and to stop the finger pointing and falling into the false belief that cops are racist.

01-04-2007, 02:39 PM
It's amazing how when you speak the truth, false people go into hiding.
Just do your job, and when you look in the mirror be satisfied that you are a real Patrol cop, and your heart and mind is clean from racism. And this is true anywhere, LA or here in the MIA.

01-12-2007, 04:02 PM
TO LAPD:

If you want a good laugh, go to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office message board (FLorida). Lots of crazy things going on there that will give you a good chuckle!!

01-21-2007, 03:34 AM
Hola " Dragnet "

Chupa mi pinga, cabrone

:D :P :twisted: :!:

01-30-2007, 03:14 AM
Can anyone tell if the Hialeah Police Department has take home cars? I moving there and I am seeking for employment.

02-06-2007, 02:02 PM
The question should be, Do they speak English at the hialeah PD?

03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
We dont have take home cars but we DO SPEAK ENGLISH AND SPANISH!
You all should try learning your roots and serving your peeps in their language,SPANISH! Hay caramba,what bigots!

04-02-2007, 01:07 AM
The question should be, Do they speak English at the hialeah PD?

Just by your question I can tell how ignorant you are!!!
How many languages can you talk?
I beg yuo are a mexican born in LA and NOW YOU REGRET FROM WHERE YOU COME FROM!!!!!
SHAME ON YOUUUU

05-02-2007, 01:36 PM
I am proud to be Cuban and to be "BILINGUAL"... I will never forget where my parents come from.... Unfortunally for all of you who "regret" from where you come from.... THIS IS A COUNTRY MADE OF IMMIGRANT!!!!!

I am sure all of you "mexican" who regret of your heritage the only thing you know is to hit people, YOU ARE JUST A BUNCH OF CRIMINALS IN UNIFORMS AND I HOPE ONE DAY YOU OR YOU FAMILY PAYS FOR IT!!!

WHAT GOES AROUND ... COMES AROUND! JUST WAIT AND SEE!!!

IMMIGRANTS ARE HUMANS WHO DESERVE TO LIVE AND TO COME TO THIS COUNTRY JUST THE SAME AS YOU OR YOUR FAMILY DID IN THE PAST!!!

copfactor
05-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I think any one who speaks more than one language is definitely ahead of those who only speak one. But this is an English speaking country. It doesn't matter what it was or wasn't in the past. No other country in the world makes as many accommodations to people who don't know, or won't learn, the common language. It's a pity. Immigrants in the past always knew that it was on them to learn English and did so. Many, fearful that their kids wouldn't learn English growing up, decided to not use their native language. This included not only Mexican and other Spanish speaking immigrant, but all the immigrants from Europe that didn't speak English, like Italy, Germany, Poland, Russia, France, etc.. It was a mistake, but not bigotry. But to put down someone who only speaks one language, even if they grew up with bilingual or native language only, speaking parents/grandparents. That IS bigotry!!! I am more proud to be a citizen of the United States of America then to be of mixed European descent!!!!

05-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Then I guess you are NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN??

copfactor
05-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Did you not read where I refer to myself as being, "proud to be a citizen of the United States"??????? I guess not, nice try at a flame though...........

06-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Why chase people? Two words…TED BUNDY

In 1975 a patrol officer attempted a traffic stop on a brown VW bug driving without headlights. The vehicle fled and a pursuit began. The end result was the capture of one of the country’s most prolific serial killers.

07-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Pasco county florida we can't chase anything, were not allowed to chase cars motorcycles nothing we are a joke.