PDA

View Full Version : POLYGRAPH

08-04-2006, 09:54 PM
How much weight does the polygraph hold in the hiring process? What kind of questions are asked? Not hiding anything just heard the poly is sometimes only 50% right. Would hate to go through it all then be nervious as hell hooked up and have false reading send me home, never took one.

08-07-2006, 01:14 PM
There is nothing to worry about with the polygraph test. Just tell the truth and you will do fine. The examiner is hoping that you are nervous because it is easier to get accurate readings about your truthfulness.

There are only a few questions that are asked and the examiner tells you prior to taking the test what the questions are. The one I remember the most is “Have you been truthful on your application?”

Again, as long as your truthful you have nothing to worry about. Good luck :wink:

08-10-2006, 02:35 AM
There's no way around it. You gotta tell them about that time with the goat. Sorry dude.

08-10-2006, 09:13 PM
you are a very disrespectable child -- just because your mom has a beard dont call her a goat haha J/K

03-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Ahhhh. When all we had to worry about was the goofy threads about taking a polygraph.

03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
That time, you and your friends wanted to make it with the cow..... I want to party with you.

03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
in all "honesty" just tell the truth. If your over 19 and have not done anything considered "illegal" then the chances are that after we hire you, you will do your first "illegal" thing. Spill your guts and let the chips fall where they may. I know of Deputies that had dui's prior to employment, smoked marijuana app 50 times, as long as your honest and have been drug free for a while now, your good to go. Good luck.

03-05-2009, 04:02 AM
in all "honesty" just tell the truth. If your over 19 and have not done anything considered "illegal" then the chances are that after we hire you, you will do your first "illegal" thing. Spill your guts and let the chips fall where they may. I know of Deputies that had dui's prior to employment, smoked marijuana app 50 times, as long as your honest and have been drug free for a while now, your good to go. Good luck.

Ya missed it. The thread was from 2 1/2 years ago. It was a reflection back to a time when we thought it was a big deal. Now we are worrying about jobs, mortgages, pay cuts, buyouts, a president that is spending us into an oblivion, and the list goes on. How times change.

03-06-2009, 04:40 AM
That time, you and your friends wanted to make it with the cow..... I want to party with you.

You!...You are a mad man!

03-06-2009, 11:00 PM
"That's the fact Jack!!"

"Blown up sir!!"

"Have you ever had the Aunt Jemima treatment?"

"Black guys help the white guys"

"Here, Hanzel and Gretel, more worthless money"