PDA

View Full Version : Stop Embarrassing the PPD

Charlie Tango
08-01-2006, 02:44 AM
There are a few whining complainers on this board who are not representative of the Pensacola Police Department. These underachievers blame the Police Department, the administration, their mommies, and anyone else they can think of for their own personal failures and shortcomings in their respective careers.

They didn't get their promotion or transfer so they go to a message board to post their displeasure in anonymity. It sure takes a lot of guts and character to pull that off.

If you hate the PPD so much, drop off your gear at property management and hit the door. If you are a disgruntled former employee, find a hobby and dont let your failures as a cop consume you with anger. That is all.

08-01-2006, 02:48 AM
And WHO are you???

08-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Hes the dude under simmons and kellys desk with a mouth full. Dude....clean that spew off ur face.

08-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Now fellas, relax don't get ugly

08-01-2006, 11:32 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. These guys are not happy unless they are whinning or complaining.

Charlie Tango
08-02-2006, 01:03 AM
To answer the first question "Who are you?" - Not that I feel that your inquiry is deserving of an answer, I will say that I'm what you and others on here are not, and that is a reasonable, mature Police veteran.

As for the childish 6 year old using the term "dude" and talking about being under desks etc- you are exactly the embarrassment I was addressing in my first post. Do us all a favor, grow up and leave for the S/O or go back to convenience store.

08-02-2006, 02:33 AM
To answer the first question "Who are you?" - Not that I feel that your inquiry is deserving of an answer, I will say that I'm what you and others on here are not, and that is a reasonable, mature Police veteran.

As for the childish 6 year old using the term "dude" and talking about being under desks etc- you are exactly the embarrassment I was addressing in my first post. Do us all a favor, grow up and leave for the S/O or go back to convenience store.

Don't encourage them to come to the S/O.......we have enough of the little whinning turds to last a life time! :roll:

08-02-2006, 05:10 AM
So you dont deny being under the desk...

08-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Stop embarrassing the PPD? Twenty officers down is enough embarrassment in itself. It's not a matter a *****ing and moaning. Something is obviously wrong down there.

08-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Stop embarrassing the PPD? Twenty officers down is enough embarrassment in itself. It's not a matter a *****ing and moaning. Something is obviously wrong down there.

Pay is the matter and that certainly affects morale. The low salary at the PPD is why we are 16 down (not 20). I'm addressing these conspiracy theorists who claim they have not gotten a fair shake and come onto a message board to act like 15 year olds writing on a bathroom wall.

08-03-2006, 02:24 AM
Jim, get your head out of paul and mathis' ass

08-04-2006, 02:53 PM
If you'll check, EVERY dept. is short on personnel. It's not just PPD. While there are problems at PPD, there are problems everywhere that you go. Ask some of the guys that left for ESCO. There are problems there also and I've heard that some of them are regreting their decision to leave PPD. The pay is the biggest problem when it comes to recruiting new Officers. If given a choice, almost anyone would go where the pay is better. That is not a reflection on PPD.

08-04-2006, 11:18 PM
If there are any at the S.O. who regret leaving the P.D. and would like the opportunity to be part of the fold again, the smartest thing that Mathis could do would be to welcome them with open arms like they were prodigal sons. He should instruct his supervisors to put out the word that any who have left under good terms because they thought they would be working for a better agency, that they would be put on top of the re-employment list. They would be some of the best disciples the city would have as they have tasted the grass on the other side of the fence and found that it wasn’t as sweet as they thought it would be. They would be quick to give counsel and good advice to any other brothers and sisters who are considering making a move.

08-05-2006, 12:04 AM
buckaroo770; And do you really expect those who have left to beleive MAthis?? It is a documented fact that Mathis is a liar and has lost all of his integrity!! The ones who have left for other agencies would be foolish to come back. Mathis should instruct his supervisors to put the word out to those who have left that they are better off without the PPD and its admin of two faced backstabbers. Those who left did it for a reason and pay was not the majority factor, Paul Kelly and John MAthis were. You say you want officers back then give them a reason to come back. The PPD is shorthanded for a reason. Nobody wants to work under a drunk and a new Capt. who enjoys destroying officers lives with his lies to make himself look good. Kelly is the worst kind of cop, he believes his own lies because thats all he does. And you people wonder why the PPD cant keep people. It all starts at the top, shitty leadership equals shitty department.. T.O.

08-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Cant argue with that.

08-05-2006, 02:46 PM
If you hate PPD so much, LEAVE and do it fast. People like you are not needed there. You are like a cancer that keeps spreading. You want everyone to believe that everyone at PPD is miserable and everyone is about to get fired. Not so! Some of us are not having the problems that you seem to be having. We do our jobs and if we make a mistake, we admit it. The key is mistake, not willfully not doing what we have been trained to do. You sound like one of those lazy ones that do nothing and then cry when you get in trouble for it.

08-05-2006, 03:00 PM
YOU sound like you have your head in the sand or up Kelly's butt, too. Maybe you are so afraid Kelly will pull one of his high and mighty God acts on you. Saying you are close to God and acting as Jesus would are two totally different things, Paul Kelly is now and will always be a hypocrite.

08-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I have known Paul for a long time. At one time he was a great cop but he changed. It all started when he made Sgt. and he went down hill from there. He got this complex that he was just better than everyone else, he was untouchable. As Paul advanced up the promotion ladder he only got worse. It must make him feel special knowing that he is Mathis's "golden child", he can do no wrong. When in fact Paul Kelly is nothing but a spolied brat, its his way or no way. It was rumored that Paul was going to leave to pursue a career as a carpenter. What happened?? Why isnt he gone yet?? Paul walks around the station with his nose in everything. It would be in the best interest of the PPD for Paul to leave and take his "I am God" attitude with him.

08-06-2006, 03:29 AM
Amen

08-12-2006, 09:55 AM
I have spoken with all of the PPD officers who have come over to the SO in the last year, and only know of ONE who even had second thoughts about coming over...all others are happy with their decision, and to be honest with you, if you dont have a lot of time invested in the PPD retirement, you may do good to think about coming over yourselves.

08-16-2006, 10:28 AM
You sound like you must be in recruiting at the S.O. I don't know who all you talked to but I know a fact that there is more than 1 that had second thoughts about going over and now staying. I know of 1 that came back for a short time and another that wanted to come back and was turned down. There are others, they just won't admit it to you.

08-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Why would they not admit it to me? I am nobody that can affect their careers...they dont need to score brownie points with me.

Perhaps they are telling you they think about coming back to make you feel a little better about staying there...it is kind of rude to say, "yes, I'm glad I left because the place where you still are sucks compared to this."

Trust me...I'm not recruiter, just trying to get you some info that may help your career. Even if you are dead-det against leaving, it may help some of your other officers and tehy deserve to know the benefits of coming over to us.

08-18-2006, 02:59 AM
No shit, the PPD sucks. I'm thinking about going on welfare. Maybe even getting on the list for Attucks court

08-18-2006, 03:33 AM
I wonder if the pensacola village has any courtesy officer positions....I have to eat at whataburger everyday so I can keep my power on.

08-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Ok...gotta ask...what is the starting pay for PPD now?

08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Not sure but after two years of pay raises im at 28,200. Around 26,200?

08-21-2006, 01:05 AM
I think the starting pay is around 24,700

08-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, it's like $12. per hour

08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
well it's been 10 day's since anyone has had a problem
a gripe or just felt like complaining. Come on guy's I'm retired I need some reading material. Keep us posted. As ole Sgt Powell used to say in lineup. yall be carefull out there.

08-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Sorry for some reason the latest posting didn't show up until I posted mine. Sorry, you guy's are still at work

08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
That's insane. My teenager works at a grocery store and makes $7.50 an hour after working part-time for two summers.

No wonder officers are discouraged.

09-02-2006, 03:37 PM
It's not about money, going into law enforcement is a calling. just like teaching so quit whining and do a good job for the citizens who pay your salary with the money they pay in taxes from jobs hey might not be thrilled about either.

09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't need you to tell me the reasons people go into law enforcement. I went into it for the same reasons, and did without alot of things for my kids that I couldn't afford. Luckily, I didn't have to resort to food stamps as I understand some LEOs are having to do now to support their families.

No whine about it...LEOs are underpaid for what they have to deal with and are expected to do every day.

And yeah...when a teenager working in a grocery store part-time makes not much less than someone entrusted to protect citizens and endanger their own lives, there's something terribly wrong.

It it the fault of the Commissioners? The fault of admin hiring cronnies and paying outrageous salaries? Or all of the above? Whatever the reasons, its wrong.

No one expected to get rich doing this job, but we do expect to live comfortably and support our families without having to work an extra gig every RDO to feed our kids.

Teachers have been underpaid for years, but a few years ago their union fought and they've been awarded nice raises when we went without raises for several years. Or when we did get a raise they also raised our insurance premiums which ate whatever raise we got. Hell, one year I brought home less after my raise because insurance went up and so did my tax bracket.

I didn't do it for the money, but I'd sure like to see the kids working now make more and not have to struggle like some of us did. If we ever expect to retain professionals in this area we better start paying them what they're worth instead of being a training unit for other agencies.

09-02-2006, 11:52 PM
It's so great to hear some reasonable voices on this site for a change. I'm so damned tired of the whinners and the negativity that they spew! They chose the career. If it's not what they want, they can either make it what they want by trying to make things better or they can leave. The money is definitely a big issue. It's true that LEO's don't get the pay that they deserve. The truth is, they probably never will. Each one has to decide for themselves if it is worth it to them.