PDA

View Full Version : Court

07-28-2006, 03:55 AM
The sign up sheet for midnight officers is for MIDNIGHT OFFICERS. Have a little respect for officers that ACTUALLY work midnights and want a little sleep! If your roll call is at 1400, you are NOT midnights. You know who you are!

07-28-2006, 11:33 AM
the order was modified and it does include evening shift

07-28-2006, 12:49 PM
1400 is considered a midnight shift? PLEASE>>>>>> You gotta be freaking kidding me.

How about getting off at 0800 and then have court at 1100. Youu 1400 hour guys have it easy. YES EASY!

07-28-2006, 02:14 PM
1400 is considered a midnight shift? PLEASE>>>>>> You gotta be freaking kidding me.

How about getting off at 0800 and then have court at 1100. Youu 1400 hour guys have it easy. YES EASY!

I can solve this problem for you. It is called shift bid.

07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Shift bid huh?? If you patrol guys thought all the PD was "Patrol" other missions would never get accomplished. Specialty teams work adverse too....

I love how a simple response to a positive post gets completely thrown out of proportion.

08-03-2006, 03:13 AM
For the midnight Ofc that thinks he is the only one that has it bad when they have 1100 ct which by the way you rarely receive a subpoena for 1100 ct. Its the exact same way if my roll call is at 1500 and my T7 time is 0225 and I have 0800 ct. Its the exact same thing. Most ct appearances are at either 0800 or 0830. I would personally rather be on midnights when I have ct so I can stay up and maybe go grab a bite to eat and then go to ct rather than getting 3 hrs sleep and have to leave the house at 0630 or 0700 bc of morning traffic. Lets all remember that we are on the same team!

08-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh you poor baby, you have to work midnights then go to court. Wow we NEVER had to do that!

Did you know that YOU are the first police officer who ever had to do this. WE didn't. When we were rookies, they had all of our court at 7,8 and 9 PM so we got our beauty sleep.

And no it wasn't US who go YOU that sign up sheet.

NOW wake the F up and get back to reality dork.

We ALL were midnight officers for a while. Me 6 years with NO sign up sheet!

08-03-2006, 01:57 PM
There is so much love and understanding in your post. Take a step back and look in, this is the reason the city is able to use and abuse . There is less brotherhood in this department each passing year, and that is very sad for all of us.

08-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Brotherhood! Your right, the only thing that keep people close in this agency is the chance to get promoted. No one backs up anyone anymore, people talk behind one another's back and most of all this board SUCKS! It is never used as it was designed. Everyone *****es and complains about everything. Time to make a change! I for one will start and do my part.

08-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Brotherhood! Your right, the only thing that keep people close in this agency is the chance to get promoted. No one backs up anyone anymore, people talk behind one another's back and most of all this board SUCKS! It is never used as it was designed. Everyone *****es and complains about everything. Time to make a change! I for one will start and do my part.

Bro.....you are complaining......about people complaining!!! Then you say you won't complain.....How ironic.

08-04-2006, 03:55 PM
To Mr. Midnight, as everyone else has already stated the evening shift people do have it much harder off when it comes to court. They nailed it on the head about the times. In my 6 years here I have yet to go to court a 1100. So you tell me how much fun it is to get off at 0130 and have to be downtown at 0800. I think most people would agree on which is more difficult. :cry:

08-04-2006, 08:09 PM
We all bid to work certain shifts. If we wanted to complain about court, bid to a diff shift. Every shift except days has its conflicts. When u get off a 0730 and have a motion at 1:30 it sucks, or traffic court on Fla Av at 1000 it sucks. If you work evenings and get off at 0130,0200, 0300 or 0400 and have court at 0800 it sucks. Especially when you live in the county or outside of Hillsborough. We all choose to work our shifts and live where we do. Nothing is perfect, unless you work days. Then you just don't get OT pay for court and that sucks.

We should all just agree....COURT SUCKS!!! They make the times and don't care about what schedule we work. Some SAO doesn't know our schedule and just does what works for them. Don't hate fellow officers, hate the SAO. They suck!!! HAHA...I got to go, i HAVE COURT!!!!

08-05-2006, 04:28 AM
I have a solution.

Don't write tickets.

Don't arrest anyone.

Then your court problems will all go away. Worked for me, and I couldn't be happier!

08-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Actually sir, the court was never the problem. "Retired on duty" your problem is that you have always been scared and intimidated by the people on the streets and you decided to give in and back down while your other squad mates and fellow officers stood up to the plate and did honorable work. We all know your kind, hear you ***** and whine, watch you duck calls, can see that you only act like a badass when you have other back up around......etc. Trust me, you are not missed at court because you are very unprofessional, look like shit in uniform, and represent TPD very poorly........so my point is, good, please dont come to court and loose cases and make us all look like the dumbass you are.

08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
You could also just write a bunch of petty tickets to kiss the ass of the brass. You people know who you are. Don't worry though, I have seen many of you walk into court and dismiss the ticket because "I lost my pink copy", "I don't recall the stop" or some other sorry excuse. How do you not recall it when you only write a few tickets a month anyway. And it's not just the MPO's, there are a lot of younger officers with less that 4 years on that are affraid to testify even in traffic court. They write a lot of stupid tickets, but they dismiss them all anyway and get 2 hours OT for court. What a deal!! This job has its moments where it can be an inconvenience, but thats why we get paid OT for court. If it's too much, CIS is hiring at $9 an hour. They will even give you a gun and a cruiser. You can feel like a cop but never have to write tickets or arrest anyone. Apply now, your career is waiting....you know who you are!

08-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Many years ago I remember filling out a form which allowed us to inform the court of our work schedule and cycle. It helped a lot! I got night traffic court when I worked mids and I got day court when I was off.

This is what the PBA should be discussing! Boots and domestic partner benefits are crap! It's all about what makes our lives safer and easier.

Someone fix the problem or point out how we can fix it.

Anyone? Anyone?

08-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I Love court. I made over $10,000.00 in 2005 for my court OT.
It's your job to "finish" the arrest or citation process by testifying in court.
The $5.00 witness fee blows....come on , lunch is more than that.

08-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I Love court. I made over $10,000.00 in 2005 for my court OT.
It's your job to "finish" the arrest or citation process by testifying in court.
The $5.00 witness fee blows....come on , lunch is more than that.

You must be a traffic guy ! 10K Nice