PDA

View Full Version : Hiring?

07-23-2006, 01:38 PM
R u guys and gals still hiring? If so how many slots r u down or have they already been filled?

07-25-2006, 11:47 PM
R u guys and gals still hiring? If so how many slots r u down or have they already been filled?

There's at least 15 now + some more coming as guys move out of state

09-07-2006, 02:14 AM
I will be moving to Palm Beach soon and I am retiring from NYPD and will be looking for work in Palm Beach County. Any advise on where or which PD to consider?

09-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I will be moving to Palm Beach soon and I am retiring from NYPD and will be looking for work in Palm Beach County. Any advise on where or which PD to consider?

If you join our agency, you'll fit right in being that there are a number of retired NYPD officers here already. Now as far as our duties are concerned, you might not want to work in our agency because I've known from current retired NYPD officers that overtime is not there cup of tea.....BUT you can't beat our agency's off time and work schedule. If you do work with us, working a High School and Middle School would normally require you to work overtime being that there are so many after-school activities going on throughout the year. If you're lucky, which probably wouldn't happen your first year, you'd get assigned to an elementary school cluster (assigned to 2 to 3 schools with a take-home police unit). NO MIDNIGHTS with WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS OFF. :) :) Hope to see'ya and if not, good luck anyway. :) :)

11-02-2006, 05:44 AM
I am interested in possible applying to PBC School Board Police. My question is I know you have off weekends, holidays, nights..BUT what about summers?
Do you still work? Also when you are off for the holidays, do you have to use your vacation or comp time to be off?
Thanks in advance. I am an officer now and a mother, and am thinking that working in School Police might better suit my family life as well as I love working with children. ~ T.C.

11-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I am interested in possible applying to PBC School Board Police. My question is I know you have off weekends, holidays, nights..BUT what about summers?
Do you still work? Also when you are off for the holidays, do you have to use your vacation or comp time to be off?
Thanks in advance. I am an officer now and a mother, and am thinking that working in School Police might better suit my family life as well as I love working with children. ~ T.C.

During the summers, you have the option of being off or working summer school details. Lately we've been changing up by having mandatory two-weeks training in the beginning of June and then another two weeks in July but for most of the summer you are off. Oh, not to mention the deferred paycheck that we get at the end of the school year to carry you through the summer and if you choose to work, that will be extra money coming in. Besides all that, training is fun and you don't get the chance to get burned out by seeing your co-workers everyday because our training is a nice informative gathering amongst employees who might not have seen each other in months due to their assignments in the school district. So I guess you could call it Training slash Co-Worker Reunion. :) :) PS-The Holiday's are paid and the phrase COMP-TIME does not exist in our agency. :) :)