PDA

View Full Version : New Computer system

07-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Went to a Police Conference and asked some IT guys in the know and heard BPD is getting OSSI.

OSSI is named as one of the best out there for the Officers use.
That system is very expensive and I take my hat off to you guys. You guys should really like it.

07-23-2006, 07:52 PM
great new system---great tool for us on the road. The City does a lot of things I disagree with but the City brought us a top notch system.

07-23-2006, 09:47 PM
nice

07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
I still keep in touch with all of my academy buddies that are with other local departments and from the sound of it by comparing Bradentons systems to the other departments, we already have a more superior system. I am all for improving the quality and efficiency of our work but if this system cost as much as they say, I think the funds could have been better distributed... Half of the old timer cops can barely use the system we have now.

07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
The CAD system we currently have is not superior than others it is archaic. It is only a matter of time before it goes down and stays down. The only reason you think it is far superior is that the connection to the cars is very good. Many agencies do not 10-75 the calls to the cars the way we do and we have been doing it for years. The system we will be going too will be a superior system. The new system was needed and the money was well spent.

07-24-2006, 07:11 PM
The old system, C-PLIMS is actually a very stable DOS based system that does not depent on very musy system resourses. They new system is by far much better, but, like most new software it will depend on the computer's sytems resources, thus, slowing our computers down. But the trade off will be nice. I have checked out the software, and it will make thing 1000 times better (as far as mobile computing goes). That is if you use it.

08-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I agree with what all these messages are saying. The current system we have is a good system. The problem is there is no support, no fixes, no enhancments, EVER. In order to keep improving our Department we must be able to move forward, computer systems, cars, officers, civilians etc. Therefore it was only logical to get a new computer system for everyone to use. It may take some time for everyone to get used to using it and using it correctly, but try to remember back when we went to the current one. EVERYONE hated it, but when it goes down now, what happens? OSSI will be an improvment and will show surrounding agencies how we are trying to make our Department better. The pay scale may be questionable, but at least the computer system will be top of the line. As far as the laptops goes, I'm sure they will be replaced with better ones next budget year.

08-12-2006, 09:05 PM
i dont think so Tim

08-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I just had the OSSI class....this is some good stuff we got.

08-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Do you / are you going to have DAVID in your cars?

08-13-2006, 06:02 PM
yes--now

08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
No we DO NOT ALL have DAVID in the cars, only those who have take home cars do.