PDA

View Full Version : CPD needs to do their job

07-23-2006, 02:49 AM
I find it ironic that the government takes money out of my check every payday to fund the CPD. We had a felony burglary happen at my workplace. Because we did not catch it while it was happening the CPD consider it unworthy enough to come to the offices and investigate. we even had the thief on camera committing the act with a clear shot of his face!! This is not the first time that they have not even had the courtesy to respond to situations where we needed law enforcement or if they did respond didn't take action. If CPD is not willing to do their jobs correctly then the citizens of clearwater deserve a refund. I am tired of paying for services that this city never recieves. what will it take for CPD to actually start doing their jobs and stop being lazy?

07-23-2006, 11:36 PM
what will it take for CPD to actually start doing their jobs and stop being lazy?

Maybe you should ask yourself the same question. The officers of CPD, do a great job, contrary to what you believe. I am also a tax payer of the city and have never had an issue. Instead of a refund for you, why don't you just leave the city and find a better place to live and work, because we all know the grass is always greenier on the other side. :roll:

07-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Taxpayer,
Since we all know just how much money from your paycheck that actually ends up in CPD’s coffers, I’ll jump in here and will be happy to give back your two cents worth.

Since the burglary was “not in progress”, I can see a possible time delay in responding but not to the point of not responding, or at least conducting some kind of investigation.

From the limited information you displayed, I am under the impression you are neither the same person who had originally contacted and spoke to the police communications operator, nor the person in charge of the business. Otherwise, you would have been able to supply more detailed information and be more knowledgeable on the entire situation.

With limited manpower in all city departments not just the police department, calls for service are put on a priority basis. The majority of minor case investigations are taken over the telephone so the limited number of officers on the street is available for priority calls for service.

The person in charge of the business needs to contact the department themselves if they are not satisfied with the status of the investigation.

JAFO

P.S. If you really want to see where the city money is being spent, look around at all the extensive beautification projects around town, but then that’s another story.

07-26-2006, 04:04 PM
P.S. If you really want to see where the city money is being spent, look around at all the extensive beautification projects around town, but then that’s another story.

Amen brother!

If you don't like the service from the PD, WRITE the mayor and city counsel and TELL them as a city resident you are requesting more money for the PD!!! Don't just sit back and complain about it.

08-04-2006, 08:54 PM
I haven't seen any further posts from taxpayer on this subject. Does anyone else have any further info on the matter that would explain the situation better.

08-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Seems like no matter which agency we work for, no matter how big or small our city, there are some citizens who are never happy and always ungreatful to the ones of us who bust our butts on a daily basis. It's those same people who complain about "us" that are the first ones to call when something happens to them. For the people who see us out there and take one minute from their day to thank us, it means alot. It's nice to hear "You guys are doing a good job". So, if you are not happy with your local agency and seem to complain about everything, know that we are still out here busting our humps to keep YOUR city and communities safe!!!!!