PDA

View Full Version : Balkwill to accept Homeland Security position?

07-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey BB, turn in your gun and your car and take the job in Homeland security. I copied this from another thread because nobody picked up on it. I heard the same thing, but kept my mouth shut, but then I read it here, so apparently the word is out!!! :shock:

Tell us more please. :mrgreen:

07-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Another false rumor. Like the postings a year ago where BB was going to be charged by the FBI and resign..TOTAL GARBAGE.

The Sheriff remains the sheriff is is still one of the best sheriff's in the country. Yea, he made some mistakes, but who wouldn't. I for one would like so see him run again, but next time find a better # 2 choice for Chief Deputy.

07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Another false rumor. LOL :lol: (it's funny -- but it's not funny)

Like the postings a year ago where BB was going to be charged by the FBI and resign..TOTAL GARBAGE.That all began with an ABC 7 news report on TV and it just wouldn't let up after they aired the story, even though they never did a follow-up story. People trust ABC news and that's why the rumor kept getting re-circulated.

The Sheriff remains the sheriff is is still one of the best sheriff's in the country. Oops, you just gave yourself away!!! Only a FOB would say that the sheriff is the best in the United States!!! :lol: ;)

Yea, he made some mistakes, but who wouldn't. I for one would like so see him run again, but next time find a better # 2 choice for Chief Deputy.Whew, that's a big issue. It's gonna be interesting to see who runs. :?

07-20-2006, 01:45 AM
if you think he's the best in the country, you obviously haven't seen many agencies. the SSO has no strategic plan, no mentoring/career advancement program, no supervisory training, no employee diversity plan, no staff inspections, no national accreditation and oh yea...when's the last time the G.O.'s were updated? How about staffing levels in the jail, comm & patrol?? yes, I am an employee...no I'm not a candidate for the next election ....
... Yep - keep those rose-colored glasses on!!

07-22-2006, 01:43 AM
dad gum it, we don't need them there things to make us a perfessnal de-partment....we got BB & dem boys doin' all da thinkin fer us. who needs a darn ole plan fer da future and equality and training for them there supervisors? they a reel qualyfied bunch now, don't ya know?!

07-24-2006, 12:47 AM
at least no one from management has disagreed with the posting regarding the lack of leaderhship responsibilities. I have nothing personally against the top management, but you would think an agency our size would want someone with real-world experience in the top positions...not just L.E. experience. how about someone with some business experience in budget, HR, PR, etc? Just because you're a decent cop does not make you a businessman.

07-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Exactly an agency our size cannot afford someone with le experience, especially on a Florida level. Its A Sheriff's Office and it doesnt need to be run like a PD or a Bussiness.. I enjoy being a deputy sheriff. If it went MEtro maybe but that wont happen so leave it alone and put a Sheriff with some ackbone and update our equiptment and lets get back to police work, bring back education requirements,raises and give recruting a major makeover.